Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The Grand Tour – Seamen
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

As I have inflicted the apparently awful 6 Underground on you I am going to punish myself by using my annual (at Christmas) Amazon Prime trial membership to watch last Friday’s Grand Tour. Wish me luck.

simondbarnes

I was a bit disappointed by it.

Drac

It’s ermmm yeah! Errrr! It kills a bit of time.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve started, paused, made a cuppa and am back on here. I suspect I’ll watch it when I can’t sleep at around 4:30am.

RicB

I thought it was ok but expectations are fairly low for TGT. Looked great in 4K!

They’ve still got better chemistry than the new Top Gear trio

I was hoping Clarkson would do some more documentaries- he’s very good at them. The Greatest Raid from a few years ago was superb

richmars

I liked the boats. Great views and some funny moments. Haters will hate it.

Drac

I liked the boats. Great views and some funny moments. Haters will hate it.

I’m not a hater but it was well below par.

halifaxpete

If you’re a fan of C/M/H then you’ll like it, I found it entertaining enough! The boats made a nice change IMO

fossy

Entertaining, on a damp Saturday whilst surrering with the Lurgy.

Caher

Made me miss Top Gear.

rOcKeTdOg

Those last few miles did not look pleasant

Poopscoop

Caher

Subscriber
    Made me miss Top Gear.

That sums it up for me too.

boomerlives
    Free Member

It was dull and lacking any laughs.

Clarkson trying to crowbar in his history lessons jarred a bit, too.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

He does seem to have an Alan Partridge style enthusiasm for guns. In fact the two are basically identical aren’t they.
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/quiz/2015/mar/11/quiz-jeremy-clarkson-or-alan-partridge

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I wqtched about half of it and felt a bit meh!
    I think they really raised their bar with their Mongolia special and may struggle to reach that level again.

johndoh
    Free Member

Clarkson trying to crowbar in his history lessons jarred a bit, too.

I didn’t think so at all. After all he is a big history fan and there is nothing wrong in gently reminding people of a bit of important history stuff whilst they are being entertained.

And this morning on my massive playlist ‘Holiday in Cambodia’ by The Dead Kennedys came on 🙂

Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot

matt_outandabout

Have they not been put down yet?

It’s kinder when they get that lame and painful.

jimdubleyou

Found myself watching it last night. Was ok.

Just watched the last 10 mins. That wasn’t a very good idea…

boomerlives
    Free Member

there is nothing wrong in gently reminding people of a bit of important history stuff

That would be fine, but it was too centred on how bad it was for the Merkin’s and how brave and clever they were, and very little about the people who’s country they invaded.

That’s the downside of having paymasters in the US rather than the BBC, I suppose.

blastit
    Free Member

That would be fine, but it was too centred on how bad it was for the Merkin’s and how brave and clever they were, and very little about the people who’s country they invaded.

That’s the downside of having paymasters in the US rather than the BBC, I suppose.

Did seem Carkson was re-writing history a bit

boomerlives
    Free Member

Real Top Gear is on Sunday 29th December.

It’ll be interesting to compare and contrast the relative amounts of humour in it.

So long as Flintoff stops bullying the little bloke.

Drac

So long as Flintoff stops bullying the little bloke.

As long as the little bloke doesn’t do the same.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Quite appropriate it’s on water, you know, having jumped the shark and everything 😁

justinbieber

Just found some downtime to watch this, and I thought it was great. Just like Topgear of old. Clarkson, May and Hammond have just got chemistry and you can’t script that which is something the BBC don’t seem to have realised. Didn’t feel like an hour and a half long either, and I’m looking forward to their next couple of films with Amazon

fooman

There wasn’t much May in the episode though, he didn’t really say or do much, which is a shame he normally balances the buffoonery with something worth hearing about.

kerley
    Free Member

May in Japan is the place to see May. Apparently unscripted so should just be May waffling on about stuff which is how I like it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It’ll be interesting to compare and contrast the relative amounts of humour in it.

I missed top gear not being in 4K compared to GT. was also just all a bit daft

Sandwich

As long as the little bloke doesn’t do the same.

Looks like ‘someone’ has had a word if the Nepal Special was anything to go by. A lot less needling nastiness on show.

richmars

Top Gear Nepal Special had too much nastiness applied to the 106 Rallye for my liking. I used to own a white one so didn’t enjoy theirs being abused.

pedlad

Whilst I too disliked the mistreatment of two cars I really like I thought the top gear nepal special was far more entertaining compared to TGT. Stunning scenery and cinematography without the clarkson politico-historical point-making.

Kryton57

There’s reports all over the internet about Clarkson being fed up, Hammond wanting to move on etc and basically TGT unravelling.   Lets face it, the threesome outstayed its welcome which was a little apparent in ‘Seaman.

About to watch the Nepal special with Junior later today, looking forward to it.

Drac

They said from the start they’d not do many as their age is catching up with them. Part of the reason this season changed format, it’s not exactly secret stuff.

I’ve just put the TP Nepal special on. Instantly reminds me of something.

boomerlives
    Free Member

Top Gear?

I enjoyed it. There were laughs, great camera work and some actual mateyness.

As for the french econoboxes, it’s amazing how far you can go with the build quality of a biscuit tin.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘The Grand Tour – Seamen’ is closed to new replies.