Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 2,117 total)
  • The F1 Thread…
  • andytherocketeer

@slowoldman me too. Mansell won both iirc. Think he and Piquet lapped everyone else in one of them.

Actually “worked” there on those 2 GP, plus several truck race events. Where “work” means volunteer, get no pay, but get a full weekend pass, pit pass for the non-public 1hr pit walk, grandstand seat for truck events, press enclosure for F1 events, and the youth group (scouts mostly) get £100. Might be no cash in hand, but it’s like £250+ pocket money for a 15yr old in today’s money.

shermer75
    Free Member

Just watched that on iPlayer, I thought it was a great race. Loved the way Ricciardo caught right up to the Mercedes at the end, really exciting. Good to see some points for Marussia as well!!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

back2basics – Member

mommy mommy I got something in my eye

now lewis youve just ruined your tyres havnt you?

no mommy no

lewis

ok mommy your right but I cant admit it myself bevause my ego is sooo big at the moment I cannot accept why the team wont give everything to me and forget everyone else apart from me…and I wanaaaaa wiiiiiiin waaaaaaaaa
    waaaaaa
    waaaaaaaaa

Spoken in his American accent.

hora
    Free Member

Monaco Canada and Spa are the only proper circuits left.

FTFY

back2basics
    Free Member

seems Lewis believes Nico turned up his engine settings to keep ahead of him in previous races, Bahrain, thats why he did it at the previous race…
    “Protecting a narrow lead in the closing stages of the Spanish Grand Prix, Hamilton turned up his engine performance to maximum without the permission of bosses on the pit wall. The 29-year-old was forced to apologise to his Mercedes team. While Rosberg felt aggrieved, Hamilton said on Monday that the same thing happened in Bahrain but in reverse.

and with Hamilton also saying that he saw the Car telemetry from Nico’s abandoned Qualy lap in Monaco hinting he did it deliberate.
    Then in the race knowing the radio could be broadcast he complains about pit stops and strategy
    (knowing full well the leader has first choice over any pitstops, and he has had that advantage in the past races)

what is telling, is Nico has really actually said nothing about Lewis, nothing about the team favoring Lewis at certain points of the race, nothing about any issues, he is basically doing his job and getting on with it.

If Lewis want to play mind games, or as he said “take a leaf out of Senna’s book” he’s certainly missing the mark and just looking like a cry baby.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

All this anti-Lewis hysteria.

You people are typical of those who can’t do, but criticize instead.

He’s young, famous, glamorous, talented and good looking. And rich. With a pop-star girlfriend.

I’m sure he’d be REALLY upset by what a miserable bunch of under-achievers like you lot think of him.

igm

Lewis isn’t looking as mentally strong as Rosberg that’s for sure.

Pity I liked him when he first arrived, but not so keen these days.

hora
    Free Member

I bet hes an ace laugh in person. Very high-pressured work like F1 must really be a strain on you as a person. I remember hearing about Mika Hakinnen being quite highly strung and cracking a few times.

Can we even start to imagine the pressure let alone the danger?

How the bloody ell Pastor manages to keep his race licence let alone a seat is beyond me!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

All this anti-Lewis hysteria.

You people are typical of those who can’t do, but criticize instead.

He’s young, famous, glamorous, talented and good looking. And rich. With a pop-star girlfriend.

I’m sure he’d be REALLY upset by what a miserable bunch of under-achievers like you lot think of him.

I guess all the pubs you go to everyone sits in silence. Or maybe it’s just when you walk in.

Can’t have anyone having an opinion or discussing anything…

Grumpy old man is grumpy shocker.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… and that would be MY opinion….

KonaTC

From the BBC F1 Gossip page

Double world champion Mika Hakkinen says Hamilton should learn to lose with dignity and should consider apologising to his Mercedes’ team-mate Nico Rosberg.

Full story: Ilta Sanomat (in Finnish)

Not know for being talkative…

scotroutes

Did he also go on to say that Rosberg should learn not to reverse back onto the track when qualifying is in progress and has no chance of getting back to the start line for another lap?

back2basics
    Free Member

seems the promised Haas F1 team are delaying to 2016 the entry,
    i wonder if thats anything to do with the failure to apply a self-made cost cap? perhaps waiting for the FIA to put rules in place to do this, so made sense to wait….

Seems Caterham are on the brink now – not a great start to the season and just when do you pull the plug on after people stop seeing the brand-name and see the consistently poor results – and again, with the cost-cap not coming into effect, whats the motivation to spend tons of cash ?

KonaTC

Nico Rosberg takes pole position for the Canadian Grand Prix.

pondo

Oh yeah – well spotted.

KonaTC

Press conference body language was interesting two extremely happy F1 drivers and Lewis…

back2basics
    Free Member

so Lewis says he is still friends and puts owness on nico to act accordingly and try and make him the bad guy of he doesn’t reciprocate. ..
    , lewis as always, cannot live thinking that people don’t like him or he has done something wrong
    if he wants to be like Senna as he always says he has a long way to go.

crazy-legs

Oops, that looks like an expensive mess…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Certainly came apart like a clown car

dannybgoode

Come on Lewis. ‘Av I’m…

BoardinBob

so Lewis says he is still friends and puts owness on nico

😯

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Has someone pressed the wrong button at Mercedes?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Well that was shocking TV production 🙄

dannybgoode

Wow – who said F1 was predictable!

philb88
    Free Member

So it’s worth cutting a corner to gain half a second, as if you do it once you get away with it!
    Even though the car behind is closer than the time gained!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Wowsers!!!!

bruneep

Offft

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

😯

cookeaa

Kin’ ell…

Out of the points on the last lap!

crazy-legs

That was a pretty spectacular end to it! 😯

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Blubbing like a baby!

pondo

Wow, did I ever pick a good first race to watch, that was fantastic! Gutted for those who missed out at the end, glad everyone seems ok.

Well that was shocking TV production

That was shocking throughout, weren’t it.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

That was shocking throughout, weren’t it.

Terrible.

It’s kicking off on the track, and it cuts away to a lingering shot of the crowd/pits/random hanger on.

Exciting race though.

Klunk
    Free Member

something very strange going on with Mercedes, the same instantaneous faults.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Blimey. Check out the Red Button. Suzi’s boots and Coulthard’s and Jordan’s trousers! Clown clothes or what?

mrhoppy

Has Massa been taking advice from Maldonado? Make a hash of all the good passing chances before just taking out the opposition.

rOcKeTdOg

27G impact, ouchers

hora
    Free Member

Did merc meant to push a button on lewiss car (worked) but it also transmitted to nicos? WHAT A STRANGE CO-INCIDENCE BOTH AT THE SAMETIME..

retro83
    Free Member

hora – Member 
    Did merc meant to push a button on lewiss car (worked) but it also transmitted to nicos? WHAT A STRANGE CO-INCIDENCE BOTH AT THE SAMETIME..

😆

Could just be a software fault which caused the ERS to crap itself on both cars.

I guess Hamilton’s subsequent brake failure could be down to driving style or just from following nico so closely causing an overheat.

parkesie
    Free Member

Mad mad race.

Hamilton and Rosberg were running different brake balances throw in driving style and it could account for the brake failure on the other hand it could just be shit luck.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 2,117 total)

The topic ‘The F1 Thread…’ is closed to new replies.