Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 2,117 total)
  • The F1 Thread…
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

So why not Lamborghini, Bugatti or Porsche?

Audi have their sportscar wins and they will springboard that into F1. Bugatti and Lamborghini don’t need the halo effect and Porsche have their own series.

It’ll make sales managers feel good about their diesel estates and justify their claim on the outside lane.

dannybgoode

But wouldn’t out be great to have the Bugatti name back in grand prix racing?..

JCL
    Free Member

Porsche are committed to WEC. As are Toyota, Audi and Nissan.

The series is gaining momentum while contrived F1 is loosing fans had over fist.

It’s a shame the WEC is under the FIA umbrella. It’d be good to see the weight limit reduced and the cars going faster than those F1 go karts.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hicksy
    Free Member

I’m guessing this is what attracts the manufacturers though…

“The global advertising value of Mercedes’ television appearances during its F1 campaign in 2014 was $2.8bn (£1.8bn).

Experts believe the equivalent value for VAG of their sportscar and touring car programmes was about $30m (£19m).

Mercedes spent a net 130m euros (£103m) on F1, once external sponsorship and prize money is taken into account. VAG spent about 320m euros (£254m) on DTM and sportscars.”

aracer
    Free Member

So now it’s watched by 2 men and a dog?

JCL
    Free Member

Yep and all three know the difference between a sport and a business. Brazil was a great race apart from Webber’s accident.

The cars make open wheel single seaters look shite.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CKIc1BcWDlM[/video]

shermer75
    Free Member

I could get into WEC but how do you cope with the 6 hour race length? Just watch the highlights?

swavis

and where is the best place to watch it, Eurosport?

thepurist

I watch WEC for the consistent wheel to wheel racing and all the thrilling overtaking moves. Oh hang on…

aracer
    Free Member

As do VAG, and I know which one they’re more interested in, which is the whole point.

Highlights of WEC? It seems even the dog’s gone home.

gab344
    Free Member

Blimey! Some suzzbags have ram-raided Red bull HQ, and have had off with the Trophies 😯

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/12/red-bull-devastated-after-thieves-steal-over-60-f1-trophies-in-factory-break-in/

thepurist

Sickening for the team and hard gear to shift on the market. They must’ve had a real grudge against RedBull. Was there an Australian man driving a Porsche as a getaway car?

andyl
    Free Member

Was there an Australian man driving a Porsche as a getaway car?

Nah, the getaway car was bright red with a prancing horse on the bonnet 😉

aracer
    Free Member

Surely you want something fast as a getaway car?

andyl
    Free Member

Surely you want something fast as a getaway car?

So that would need a mercedes engine then, definitely not a renault. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

So they left behind the legit-won trophies? 🙂

bruneep

image of suspect

back2basics
    Free Member

you just got to wonder where those things would sell? or is it to be melted down and then sold?

JCL
    Free Member

I could get into WEC but how do you cope with the 6 hour race length? Just watch the highlights?

I usually watch the whole thing over two/three days after someone uploads it to YouTube.

I watch WEC for the consistent wheel to wheel racing and all the thrilling overtaking moves. Oh hang on…

I saw more overtaking at the last race than I saw all year in F1. And nobody was ‘managing tyres’ or having to press a button to enable them to overtake the car in front when they got close enough 😆

Pook

Hora, I can only assume from you posting on here an hour ago that you’re not coming over to Sheffield for the Christmas curry with us all.

andyl
    Free Member

Melting them down is the only real option. Scumbags 🙁

shermer75
    Free Member

Melting them down is the only real option. Scumbags

It is a bit of a mystery. Maybe they were stolen to order by a rich and crazy fan?

andyl
    Free Member

Steal a car then.

aracer
    Free Member

According to the police statement there was a Mercedes involved 😈

jfletch
    Free Member

And nobody was ‘managing tyres’

Every race that involves wheels is all about tyres, they are so bloody important that it can’t not be. The only difference between F1 and other series is they talk about it a lot more and it seems to be a popular stick to beat the sport with. Interview any racing driver after any race they haven’t won and all they talk about is tyres.

jota180
    Free Member

It’s not really a live viewing thing unless you’re there – great events to attend.

IMO GP2 and GP3 are well worth watching live if you’re looking for something other than F1.

back2basics
    Free Member

Hello – hello McLaren ?? your a frikin joke of a team to your drivers, whoever you pick youve lost my support
    anyone else feel the same?

the-muffin-man

Media event at McLaren tomorrow…

nemesis
    Free Member

I was going to ask for bets as to JB or KM but I suppose it’d just be guesses given that none of us know if or what sponsorship they’ve managed to put together on the back of FA signing.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I hope they just announce Alonso to troll everyone.

nemesis
    Free Member

😆

the-muffin-man

It’ll be Bruno Senna and Hamilton . . . just to have all ‘nostalgia’ avenues covered!

thepurist

Ron will do a speech about his emotionless, clinical and statistical analysis of the merits of each option available on the driver market and somewhere in the Ronspeak there will be some clue as to who they’ve signed but everyone will either be asleep by then or too baffled to understand it. Then Jenson will drive his MP12C through the windows on one side of the MTC, do a massive burnout leaving huge 11s on the white floor while flicking V’s at Ron then drive through the other windows and ditch it in the lake before escaping on a speedboat driven by Jessica. Maybe.

tomhoward

Then Jenson will drive his MP12C through the windows on one side of the MTC, do a massive burnout leaving huge 11s on the white floor while flicking V’s at Ron then drive through the other windows and ditch it in the lake before escaping on a speedboat driven by Jessica. Maybe.

Fun fact that will delight the RD haters, In the bit a the front of the MTC (where they do all the press stuff/display cars and that) there is a lovely grey slate floor, it’s immaculate, you can barely see the joins between the slates. Apart from 1. Evidently someone broke it not long after it was finished, but they couldn’t get an exact colour match. it’s close, but not nearly close enough for Ron, and it grates on him. Every. Single. Day. knowing that in his perfect vision of perfection, that slightly off slate exisits.

:mrgreen:

jamesy01
    Free Member

Daily Fail and Telegraph reporting that Button will partner Alonso next year.
    Button definitely deserves another year at the top, here’s hoping Honda and McLaren give him something half decent.

scotroutes

Also being reported by the Beeb now.

It would be great if he told them to stick it 🙂

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Very strong line up for next year which will help for constructors championship. I will be interested on which of the two comes out on top I think it will be Alonso. I’m sure JB will be happy that he is against another top driver it was one of the main reasons he joined the team.

Last few seasons I have just had faith in McLaren that they can do a good job. This year I have a stronger basis.

Pete Prom
    Honda
    Alo/JB

A dream team.

jimster01

Curious to see how well McLaren will deal with two top drivers.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Curious to see how well McLaren will deal with two top drivers.

Never been an issue befo……hang on.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

More interesting to see how JB fares against Captain Haddock.

Since he’s so useless and Fernandoo is the best on the grid.

Looking forwards to that

Viewing 40 posts - 2,001 through 2,040 (of 2,117 total)

The topic ‘The F1 Thread…’ is closed to new replies.