Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 203 total)
  • The Empire STRIKES back…Who's striking then…
  • noteeth
    Free Member

Nope, but they have my support.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I would If I was in a position to do so. I will be supporting the strikers tho for sure

donsimon
    Free Member

No, and the buggers are preventing me from working

anagallis_arvensis

I’m striking up the workers down with the erm….. whats the opposite of proletariat?

5lab

the inner party and the outer party. In this case, as its the tories, someone will probably claim its the inner party

yossarian
    Free Member

Yossarian – surprised you’re allowed to take the day off. We’re not allowed to take annual leave/flexi to get out of stiking/not striking although I realise you’re taking the day off to care for your kid. Annual leave booked prior to the strike day is being honoured but the date has been known for months.

In all fairness I haven’t given my employer much choice in the matter. I’ll be at the end of the phone and reachable via email if the world ends. If not I’ll be back in on Thursday.

anagallis_arvensis

Yep, that’s right, Britain is one of the wealthiest countries in the world. There’s no need to make teachers work until they’re almost into their seventies.

Are you saying someone in their 60s are worthless and near death?

I’ll work well into my 70s at the very least. Regardless of whether I have to. What else is there to do?

Come and spend a week with me and then tell me that having teachers in their late 60’s is a good idea.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I am Spartacus!

Will be joining the rally with kids in tow.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Will be on strike. Was going to be joining the picket, but …

ernie_lynch

angry women on picket lines can be a bit of a turn on

erm … 😯

or maybe 8)

(depending on who’s walking past …)

CaptJon
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member
    …After the abuse I received for airing my view on what I thought about public sector strikes which I still believe…

Are any of you brave enough to say you are going on strike ?

I’m confused as to why you think it takes bravery to amid you’re standing up alongside a couple of million comrades for principles of fairness.

I’ll be on picket from 8am.

anagallis_arvensis

Apparently my union is taking action short of strike from the 1st December, not sure I will be joining that. A day off wont really harm the kids education, working to rule would. Not sure what I’ll do, to be honest.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

I’m not but many of my colleagues are (different unions).

My union will likely ballot in January.

project
    Free Member

Will any striker be holding a singletrack placard in view of any photographer or camera person off the tv.

Just so we know who you are.

😀

MoreCashThanDash

I’m striking – I don’t believe it will achieve anything, and while I obviously don’t want my terms to change, looking at the wider picture across the private sector I understand that my terms are out of line with what “average” people get.

But the union backed me when I needed them earlier this year, so I’m backing them on Wednesday. Not sure I can afford to do it too often though.

Besides, looks like it might be the best day of the week, weatherwise, and Jnr is off school as his teacher is striking…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I shall toot my horn in solidarity if I pass a picket. 🙂

project
    Free Member

I shall toot my horn in solidarity if I pass a picket.

Not very often then. 🙄

nick1962
    Free Member

Yes and incidentally I have never seen any of the Star Wars films.

Northwind

Not entirely sure tbh (newish job). I think we’re not- different union? But if we are, well, I won’t cross a picket line.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I am striking. Planning on attending a rally too. Never taken strike action before, but feel very strongly about this, as the STSS is in the black and fully funded for the forseeable future. IMO it is a 3% additional tax on the Public Sector with a double-shafting thrown in for good measure. Cheers Dave!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not very often then.

Why do you say that then project? You don’t think there’ll be many pickets? Or were you just in a hurry to post something and didn’t really consider what you were about to say. Not that that ever happens much.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Come and spend a week with me and then tell me that having teachers in their late 60’s is a good idea.

but classroom teaching isn’t the only job a trained teacher can do, you’ll have to do what everyone else will have to do, change jobs.

afterall you still expect others to work to 67 to support your teaching, “new school building” that’ll be a 67 year old brickie, roofer, scaffolder etc then 😉

big_n_daft
    Free Member

STSS is in the black and fully funded for the forseeable future

how much is the “employer” putting in?

project
    Free Member

deadlydarcy

it was a joke, as in humour,its also illegal to sound your horn for no reason, unless to warn other road users of you being there,

So imagine you toot your horn as some sort of singular support for strikers, and a car berakes heavily in front of you, or a person jumps in front of another vehicle, its not such a good idea then is it, also dont forget al the night shift workers who may live near a strikers base, they will get little sleep , and the strikers will get little support.

Sounding your horn ,its not ,its not clever, and its ilegal. 😀

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

i work for a charity there is no pension scheme so therefore Id be paying it all on my own ! No employer contributions of any type !

You lot moan but at least your pension is contributed and you’ll get a lump sum of some sort ! How the **ck is that fair?
    !
    and im not in the market for changing my job!

So strike away I don’t feel sorry for you one bit !

anagallis_arvensis

Big n daft or i could just carry on teaching and be progressively worse at it and spend a load of time off sick.

Unfit you chose that i chose something else

grantway
    Free Member

What were your views on the public sector strikes ? Air them again so I can see whether they’re worthy of abuse

+ 1

To be honest all that are effected should go out.
    Being for One days pay they are going to loose an hell lot more
    than a days pay and ALL will be paying till they retire !

project
    Free Member

aa , but your sick rate should be analysed, and you would be offered councelling etc, thats what used to happen when i worked for the NHS, there are other jobs you could be moved over to.

anagallis_arvensis

Project your right but it still looks like poor value to the tax payer keeping old duffers hanging around

grantway
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member
    i work for a charity there is no pension scheme so therefore Id be paying it all on my own ! No employer contributions of any type !

Go and get a proper job or simply get a Pension
    Your the Jealous Guy the one that does nothing but moan and groan about
    what other people have and you have not

Theres a name for people like you but I got banned for voicing my low opinion of you !

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lLs2dC9NaE[/video]

mudshark
    Free Member

Presumably all the strikers here support the striking Greeks?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I have a proper job and I cant afford a pension Id have to pay all on my own!

Jealous I am not!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

The employer contributes 14.9%. This is the deal that I signed up to, and was part of my consideration when picking a career in which I knew I’d never get rich.

Our pensions were restructured in 2007 for new entrants who accrue at a different rate. The point of this exercise was to ensure the long term viability of the scheme.

What is the difference now? In the Post-2008 world the Government want to reduce the deficit and Public Sector workers are an easy target for a 3% tax increase. The STSS doesn’t need the money, but Government coffers do.

Why not just increase Income Tax for everyone by 3%? Because Public Sector workers are easy to single out and unlikely to vote Tory anyway.

Why cut Tax Credits? Because recipients are unlikely to vote Tory anyway.

See a pattern?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Presumably all the strikers here support the striking Greeks?

non sequitur

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Yep –

Would be paying £34,000 more and working 6 years longer to get the same pension I was told 6 years ago would not be changed. Mind you that’s what I get for choosing to work in the political football that is education…

grantway
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member
    I have a proper job and I cant afford a pension Id have to pay all on my own!

Jealous I am not!

Indeed you are !!!

And they have to pay into the pension scheme, also State tells the employee
    how much they pay in to get a so called descent pension. ITS NOT FREE

Funny that the MP’s have the same pension but are going to be excluded in this !

anagallis_arvensis

If your not jealous why are you seemingly so angry?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

And I would lose over £86000 if I retire at 68, and over £116000 if I retire at 60.

project
    Free Member

aa, i believe asda and B and Q take on the more mature worker.

Round here we have Balfour Beatty doing an excellent job of renewing the old gas mains, and finding somebody under 45 thats working in all weathers down a hole full of water, ,its cold and it raining is difficult, most of the blokes seem well into their late 50 ,s or sixties.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

it was a joke, as in humour,its also illegal to sound your horn for no reason, unless to warn other road users of you being there,

Bugger it project. It went straight over my head such was the level of sophistication. Thing is though, I WILL be alerting my comrades that I’m there. Supporting them. In their democratic right to withhold labour when they’re being dicked around. I’m pretty happy with the legality of my horn blowing.

Would you really want the Old Bill wasting their time nicking me for a solidarity based toot? You’re always so concerned about the public sector giving you good value for your hard earned tax spend. Do you think this would represent value for money on the day that the economy is supposedly being screwed for £500 million.

anagallis_arvensis

its cold and it raining is difficult, most of the blokes seem well into their late 50 ,s or sixties.

But could they control 30 hormonal 15 yearolds?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 203 total)

The topic ‘The Empire STRIKES back…Who's striking then…’ is closed to new replies.