Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • The DECEMBER Bristol Bike Jumble.
  • Agency_Scum
    Free Member

Coming again THIS SATURDAY outside MUD DOCK CYCLEWORKS at MIDDAY.

( please click on photos to make them big )

Many more bargains and buyers than before. Especially as November was a downpour AND STILL LOADS TURNED UP!

Setting up your own stall is FREE! and there's trestle tables to spare ( although if you can bring your own that would be lush ). The venue's right next to a VAST Pay and Display so parking's no problem.

Don't put off clearing out that shed! Come and get rid of your roadie/mountainbike/new/retro gear and make a few quid and then spend EVEN MORE dosh filling the shed back up again with EVEN MORE SUPER BARGAINS!

This Saturday December 5th at midday.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ah ha, I might have a few things to sell.

TooTall
    Free Member

Get thee down there. I shall be trying to sell even more of my stuff to Agency_Scum and get him further in debt. TUT – I presume you'll have a wet weather plan for this (like staying indoors)?

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

First, I must RSS this topic ( rolls eyes after spending a quarter of an hour looking for it with the wrong search words ). Second, I have a cunning wet weather plan and third I have a few more bits for sale myself this time.

TooTall
    Free Member

If you look like that underneath an umbrella, I'll eat my old boots.

Come on, folks. Come and join the tallest duo of used cycling bits salesmen and hear their witty repartee. There were even some cool fixie types there last month and a bloke selling some pervy nice roady stuff. Buy and sell – you might even go home with less than you brought with you!

wwaswas

"that would be lush"

I do miss Bristol sometimes…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Awesome, I might wander down with some bits to flog too.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

I've still got my Shimano boots to flog (too narrow for me…). (Top tip: never buy footwear over the internet no matter how big the discount UNLESS you are absolutely positively certain it will fit…)

Reluctant
    Free Member

So what size are these boots, Steelfreak?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I'm going to Cwmcarn instead ::finger::

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

: )

TooTall
    Free Member

KINGTUT – Member
    I'm going to Cwmcarn instead ::finger

Thats as close to an official announcement as you can get – Cwmcarn WILL be warm, clear and dry on Saturday! All the nice people will be at the Bike Jumble.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

KING fakiest faker of fakendom rolls ut another fabulous faking finger there.

At least the lack of shoulderpads will leave more room for the rest of us on Saturday now.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

To be fair, I've sold most of my stuff on here now although I do have a set of manky rebas I need to get shot of.

ianpv
    Free Member

I'll be there with a cheap 17" cindercone frame, some ultegra STIs, wheels, canti and v brake sets, 4,000,000 tyres and a Dainese suit o' armour amongst other things…

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Oh yes tyres, I have lots of them.

Hmm, mebbes turn up, sell my manky crap and then off to the woods to get covered in shite.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Excellent, more tyres for my collection 😀

clubber
    Free Member

I was quite worried what with me not seeing Mike so much these days with reduced riding time and generally his roadie-ness that he'd be missing the abuse that he so craves and needs.

It's a real relief to see that tootall has taken the role on and is doing it admirably 😉

TooTall
    Free Member

clubber – I've tried to meet the man but to no avail. I've been riding what are supposed to be his local trails with ADH, been to the Bike Jumble but no sign of TUT anywhere. I have only been able to base my mental picture of him from what ADH told me – and what the honest, upright, truthful citizens of STW say on here. From this, I gather he is:

Grumpy
    Water soluble

Can anyone else add to the list?

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Reluctant – the boots are size 44.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Thanks, SF, too big for my fairy size feet…..:-(

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

It's going to be a good one.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Hope the weather stays dry for you, Mr. Scum 😀

TooTall
    Free Member

Saturday day weather
    Sunny Intervals

8)

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Steelfreak – may well be interested in the boots depending on price and condition… how will I know you at the jumble?

TooTall
    Free Member

Erm……he'll be the bloke trying to flog the size 44 Shimano winter boots? 😕

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

@Tootall,
    come on, you know the forum rules about using irony before midday.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Dosn't matter if it rains, with the amount of ppl turning up we can just huddle like penguins;

HarYuken
    Free Member

I'll be there

TooTall
    Free Member

You can forget huddling with me and Scum, ADH. It would look like we were trying to abduct a 12 year old!

Scum – should I bring my new toy for you to try for size? 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

*sulks* just wanted a cuddle *sniff*

Have you got your Sultan then?

IHN

Excellent, I feel a clear out coming on

What time's it best to get there to set up?

TooTall
    Free Member

ADH – might have. Then again, I may be inviting Scum into some sort of pervy toy-fest that involves his trousers.

IHN – about 11:45 if last month is anything to go by. Bring a trestle table if you have one!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I've been in Scum's trousers, the Moscow State Circus were hiring them as their big top.

TooTall
    Free Member

TOO

MUCH

INFORMATION!

*is disturbed by the images*
    *rocks back and forth and cries a bit*

Agency_Scum
    Free Member

This is my friend Naomi and my internet trousers.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Later that evening …

DoctorRad
    Free Member

But what is Renee Zellweger doing with a pair of Agency_Scum's trousers??

fatboyslim
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me if any actual old bikes are sold at this jumble sale or is it just spares?

I'm looking for a cheap commuter bike of some sort which can be done up in my leisure time. Would i be able to pick something up here?

Cheers

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I'm looking for a cheap commuter bike of some sort which can be done up in my leisure time. Would i be able to pick something up here?

Yeah, like my old commuter 🙂

Alternatively, the Kebele Community Coop in Easton used to do up old bikes to sell on, I used to help out. You need to speak to Harvey Tadman if he is about.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘The DECEMBER Bristol Bike Jumble.’ is closed to new replies.