Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • I can still smell it…EVEN NOW.
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Dog Egg…Doubletap both wheels 🙁

and on the frame and shorts 🙁

Bloody shit machines.

TheDTs
    Free Member

I can't stand lazy dog owners. I was out for a ride on Sunday and saw a lady and her chap watch their dog dump in the middle of the path and walk off.
    I politely requested them to pick it up or move it off the path. She started to look as if she was going to, I rode off, then turned round to see she had just walked off. Made me so mad.

allthepies
    Free Member

turd-laying-machines…

tails
    Free Member

She started to look as if she was going to, I rode off, then turned round to see she had just walked off. Made me so mad.

should have kicked the shit out of her and her dog. :mrgreen:

geetee1972
    Free Member

That's a really nice photograph. Thanks.

I was just sitting down with a peanut butter sandwich supper.

I don't think I'll bother now.

RepacK
    Free Member

Ah man thats a beast & no mistake – positively **** retch inducing!!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

By all means, give the owner a slapping but leave the dog alone. It doesn't know any better.

lowey

Pah…

Years ago we were undertaking a structural survey of an old hospital ward. The underfloor space was about high enough to crawl in on your hands and knees.

I'm told that rat poison, just after killing the rat, makes their bodies swell up and distend. I must have found one at its prime. Put my knee down right on top of it (it was dark in there too) and heard a POP. It took about 4 weeks before I got rid of the smell.

theboatman
    Free Member

Perhaps you require a new trail tool 🙂

willej

I can smell it from here. That's one of the worst things that can happen on a ride. Did it splatter all over your downtube/chainset/front mech?

Not as bad but I got horse poo in my eye the other day, at the bottom of one of my favourite downhills.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I'll take horse/cow/sheep poo over dog much anyday.

snaps
    Free Member

Horse/cow/sheep poo – very low risk as they feed on vegitation but dogs fed on meat is a different matter.
    I get my camera phone out & pretend to take a picture of the owners – usually works!

roper
    Free Member

I'm not sure without the smell or a little taste but I reckon that's got to be Pedigree Complete Adult biscuits.

CountZero

Eeeeeewwww. Just looking at that pic I could smell it. Riding home from work one evening I went down a shared use path that links the industrial estate with housing estates, and I felt something cold on the side of my face by my mouth, so I wiped my glove across my face, and I think you can imagine what I saw. All over the frame, tyres and me. Couldn't see it among the fallen leaves. There should be a reintroduction of dog licenses, same price as a TV license. Weed out the irresponsible fracking owners.

Hal
    Free Member

we have a dog walker in our area who picks up the turd in a wee bag and then hangs it in a tree or bush, the area is covered in poop bag bushies. 🙄

Elmo
    Free Member

roper.

Your talking S~~te
    Thats Bakers complete. Pedigree leaves a much drier consistency. Reminicent of a childs soft ginger cookie.
    It would flake off relativley quickly.

CountZero

We've got poo bushes all over the place round here too. Disgusting vermin who leave it there. Never catch them at it when I've got a camera so I can get pics in the local press to shame them.

Ambrose

Hmmm- grass needs cutting in that photo. nice DT rims; but are the valves and logos lined up- I can't quite tell from the pic you took.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Did you sniff it just to make sure, like you do if you tread in some 🙂

How come you don't see white dog eggs like when I were a lad?

dmiller
    Free Member
    enfht
    Free Member

Not as bad but I got horse poo in my eye the other day, at the bottom of one of my favourite downhills

I haven't heard of that breed horse before. Maybe stand a bit further back nextime when they do their business.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I once spent ages sniffing around my bike and kit trying to find where the offending blob was. I couldn't see anything but I could smell it everywhere. Imagine my joy when I discovered the a tiny little speck of it on my top lip!

juan
    Free Member

I'll take horse/cow/sheep poo over dog much anyday.

Makes the two of us.

tinsy
    Free Member

First I noticed of it the other day was when taking a drink from my bottle, imagine my supprise when I realised its was all over my shock that I had just fiddled with, transferring the poo onto my glove and then my water bottle…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

pressure sores – now there's a smell you dont forget in a hurry…

atlaz
    Free Member

Dead skunk is quite a nice smell too.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

When I lived in Cornwall, there always seemed to be a lot of dead badgers at the side of the road. That's quite a complex odour as well..

soobalias
    Free Member

it comes down to the quality of dog food

you could play a round of golf with one of my dogs poos

MussEd
    Free Member

What about a 30 stone woman lying undiscovered for 1-2 months behind her kitchen door?

We were called in by police to help remove her, stuck to the lino and everything. She was in the state known by people who deal with bodies on a regular basis as "a bloater" and we're not talking about the fact she was 30st before she passed away.

I'll never forget the look on my Watch Managers face when he walkied in curiously to see what the police were on about, about face {which turned instantly to green/white} and straight back out, boaking uncontrollably. Unsusprisingly not much of our communal supper was eaten that night.

Still get the stench in my nostrils now – 3 months later. Give me dog shite anyday.{well don't actually give me any obviously}

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Yeah, have to agree with you there Muss, corpses arent exactly fragrant. Back when I was a student nurse, I foolishly agreed to attend a post mortem, thinking at the time it would somehow help desensitise me from what I would inevitably come across at some stage in my career. Turned out to be the body of someone that'd committed suicide by jumping in the river, where the corpse had remained undiscovered for over a week. It wasnt a stink I forgot quickly.

willej

enfht, they're bred so that their front legs are longer than their back legs so that going downhill is easier, a bit like longer forks and slacker head angle on downhill bikes 😉

odannyboy
    Free Member

we used to go to the coast on hols.there was a chicken farm nearby.mostly the wind was onshore, but if it ever changed to offsureyoude get the stink from the place even tho it was a mile away.it was abig farm an i recon it musthave been a real horrible battery type place as the smell just turned your stomach.reall hard to describe but weird and unnatural.yuk.

anokdale
    Free Member

Dog do on your bike and you horrendous,the pong never seems to go and i never feel as though the kit is cleaned properly.

the worst ever smell a guy who died while laying next to the radiator in his house with his shoulder resting up against it,he was half baked poor fella, found 6 weeks later, i attended the PM, apart from the smell the fact that the guy lay dead in his house for 6 weeks in Central London and was not missed or discovered earlier has stuck with me for years.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I had a very close call a few years ago. I was just entering the woods, and rode round the side of the gate. As I did so I see a big 'ol turd right in my path. Not fresh, but fairly recent, I'd say. So I swerved and missed it by an inch or two with my front wheel.

Unfortunately, my back wheel scored a bullseye.

Now, I put this down to the dusty surface (like flour stops your pastry sticking to the worktop) but my back wheel neatly picked the whole turd off the floor, and gently flicked it in a beautiful arc that took it just past my left ear (I'd say within an inch) and sloooooowly over the bars near my left hand onto the floor in front of me, where I then succeeded in missing it properly. I felt, smelt, and heard it pass my face. Nice.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘I can still smell it…EVEN NOW.’ is closed to new replies.