Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 207 total)
  • The Daily Mail was right (Romanians content..)
  • soobalias
    Free Member

was there an OP

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I love me some Dragon Stout 🙂 🙂

crankboy
    Free Member

Was there a daily mail article that said Romanians in Liverpool had foot problems. If the daily mail appears to be right you have either misread the article or misunderstood the world or are reading the date on the masthead.

wwaswas

Was there a daily mail article that said Romanians in Liverpool had foot problems.

If there was they hit the nail on the cuticle.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Jamaican Stout? Tell me more….

hora
    Free Member

I’m not a racist but I do fear for the future.

Britain was broken before ‘the Romanians’ will come. However the Romanians will get blamed for everything I fear from now on.

I don’t know why people are kicking off about Benefit Street. I’ve seen far worse than that growing up in Fartown/Sheepridge. On two streets in particular there were always half bricks/aggregrate always strewn in the road.

Immigrants come here for a better life. Theres a large section of society here who thinks about the next Giro.

scotroutes

When is the follow-up “Bonus Street” to be aired?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Jamaican Stout? Tell me more….

As above, Dragon Stout. It’s not my favourite – too sweet for me – but it’s generally a reliable corner shop special and great to cook with.

kimbers

The only Romanian I know has a Phd in biochemistry and is a very good multidisciplinary bio physicist

shes just left the Uk to work in Germany as they fund their research scientists better than here though!

so anyway thats one less immigrant to upset the mail!

nickc

I’ve 2 Romanian dentists working for me and they are by far the worst for “bloody foreigners” their attitudes towards the Roma are shocking

In fact, most of my European dentists are pretty scathing of migrants. Funny old world

hora
    Free Member

Ah the distinction, the Roma rather than Romanian.

On the programme last night they said its better over there- but over ‘there’ they are persecuted and marginalised aren’t they.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So, just to recap: loddrik saw some Romanians at a health centre and he has no problem with them being there.

Am I missing something?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s not my favourite – too sweet for me – but it’s generally a reliable corner shop special and great to cook with.

Yep. You want some Nigerian Guinness really.

Northwind

One of the students in my wee event team is Romanian (don’t talk to me about ****ing work permits incidentally) and she’s taken a very strong anti-immigration stance lately 😆 “If all these new Romanians come here, I will probably get lumped in with them and nobody will know I was here first and not one of these new Daily Mail Romanians, I hope they stay at home, why would they come here?”

So I asked her why she came here, and she said “Because Romania is ****ing shit”.”

I don’t know whether that takes us further forward on the pressing issue of whether the Mail was right, though.

hora
    Free Member

My favourite is Nigerian Guinness (only from ropey corner shops for some reason) and for a lighter stout- Marstons Oyster Stout 😀

why do most pubs only sell Guiness??!

kimbers

hmm didnt realise stout was so big in africa…

2. Out of Africa
    Nearly 40% of Guinness is consumed somewhere in Africa. Of five Guinness-owned breweries worldwide, three are in African nations. Nigeria, home to one of those five breweries, is the world’s second-largest market for Guinness consumption. Great Britain is first, Ireland comes third, Cameroon fourth, and we in the U.S. stand in measly fifth place.

11 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Guinness

clubber
    Free Member

Am I missing something?

They have bad feet.

And they might have been writing for the Daily Mail or something.

richmtb

remember having the same realisation that the place was overrun with them. Then I realised I was in Brasov station, waiting for a train to The Black Sea

My wife is from Brasov, however she is very keen to point out to everyone she isn’t Romanian, something to do with the bad press they get.

I’ve been to Romania over a dozen times. It’s an interesting place, really beautiful in places and most of the country just looks like a slightly run down version of everywhere else in Europe, like they modelled the place on the East End of Glasgow, nothing out of the ordinary.

But their are pockets of the country that you feel like you have stepped back 200 years when you enter them. People living in shacks, no water, no sanitation, transportation based on the horse, fuel based on wood. This is the the land the Roma occupy.

The Roma are a huge issue in Romania, they are treated horribly. Racism and prejudice against them is almost celebrated, they really are untermensch in their own country.

Much of the rhetoric in the right wing press about Romanians is a cypher for this racism. Romananian = Roma to the Daily Mail et al and Roma = Gypsy and we all know that Gypsies are pretty much the final ethnic group in the UK that its generally okay to abuse (apart from cyclists obviously).

Roma will come to the UK and other parts of western Europe they are badly persecuted in their “home” countries so will no doubt try and find something better elsewhere.

The question is can we do a better job of allowing them to integrate into our society or will we leave them marginalised and continue the cycle?

zippykona

As a kid I was fascinated by Australia. I read all the books and when I was older I saved up my money and went to visit. To be in the Outback when the sun comes up and to hear the kookaburras start singing. The sky at night being so clear with the stars going on forever. To have a wallaby stick its head in your tent,to be scared shitless when you find a 4 foot lizard in the bin…i could go on all day.
    Loved it, 4 further visits and a working holiday later I still love the place.
    I would just love that people coming to this country saw pictures of The Tower Of London as kids and couldn’t wait to see a Yeoman of the guard.
    To go to Stonehenge,have a pint in a pub covered in roses,to go Scotland and look for Nessie, try and work out exactly what cricket is.
    I want them to love my country ,to be British, to queue up, take their turn at the bar, yield to uncoming motorists in a narrow street and then wave thanks to each other.
    I didn’t move to Australia because even though I love that place so much,its not my country. I always felt like I was staying at someone elses house.
    This is my country,this is where I was born, this is where I love. As much as you can’t change your football team I can’t change that feeling.
    I feel we should have a Britain day. A chance for the many people who come to this country to put up the flags,have a party and to say thank you to a country that has given them a home.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve no problem with Romanians, just so long as I don’t have to live with another one who insists on cooking for everyone in the house.

You’ve heard of the Scandinavinan delicacy that’s essentilay rotted/fermented herring? That’s not a patch on diced pickeled vegetables in mayonaise with assorted herbs and spices, served by the tureen full. My politeness and the British stiff upper lip were tested to breaking point by that meal!

loddrik
    Free Member

Good work all, nice thread and some good humour
    I have no puns but I commend the lack of engagement with the OP

wwaswas

My wife is from Brasov, however she is very keen to point out to everyone she isn’t Romanian, something to do with the bad press feet they get.

ftfy

nickc

Northwind, sounds about the same as my guys. They’re terrified of being “outed” and lumped together with new immigrants. Tis a strange attitude fo’shure

clubber
    Free Member

Romanians get given feet when they come over here? Typical. I demand my fair share of feet! I pay my road tax you know!

wwaswas

they’ll be after Pied-à-terre accommodation next, mark my words.

scotroutes

and they’ll be hopping mad if they don’t get it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So they’re not all foot loose and fancy free, then?

binners

I feel we should have a Britain day. A chance for the many people who come to this country to put up the flags,have a party and to say thank you to a country that has given them a home.

I agree with you. Though its not going to involve any of that flowery guff you’re woffling on about. Instead we’ll all go on an all day bender. Its got to be in summer so we can all sit outside the pub going lobster coloured, while revealing our tattoos and drinking lurid coloured alcopops, smoking skunk and necking E’s. The day will culminate with a celebration of the pinnacle of British culture! A fight outside the kebab house and/or fingers’n’tops round the back, by the bins. Before being sick in a cab on the way home 😀

hora
    Free Member

Binners everytime you’ve sent me a camera pic of you at the pub its looked like that.

scotroutes

I feel we should have a Britain day.

We could have it on the August Bank Holiday

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2013-14/margaretthatcherday.html

wukfit
    Free Member

count me in binners

Junkyard
    Free Member

Loddrick – your HA HA picture is as tragic as your initial effort to provoke and both were doomed to failure- Its obvious your troll has crashed and burned as has that effort 🙄

Best of luck finding another topic to get a reaction though why you want to do this is lost on me [ please dont mistake that as me asking you].

novaswift
    Free Member

Binners. Fingers n tops. Brilliant

kimbers

I didnt get the ha ha thing, was he mocking jy?, its obvious that loddrick hadnt got the replies he was after

still we have some nice mental images of limping romanians, jamaican stout and binners in the pub recreating the video for smack my bitch up/ every video by The Streets

mikey3
    Free Member

Maybe these Romanians can try selling jackets on here and when said jacket doesn’t turn up they can keep half the money anyway.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

If the daily mail appears to be right

I’ve never seen it as not being right of anything, apart possibly from Hitler, but even then…

jambalaya
    Free Member

No surprise to me OP and a definite issue which will feature heavily in the next general election. Massive issue in France also (where I am currently posting this from) not just a UK problem.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Guinness is brewed in both Ikeja and Benin City and is very popular, there is also a sweet malt drink produced which I quite like, Smirnoff

scotroutes

The Daily Mail is big in France? Who knew?

binners

They like the sidebar of shame. As their President keeps popping up there, just above members of the TOWIE cast. It allows them to shrug ruefully at the ironic juxtaposition

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 207 total)

The topic ‘The Daily Mail was right (Romanians content..)’ is closed to new replies.