Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • The Cycle Show, on for an Hour tonight
  • project
    Free Member

Has Ned Boulting, off itv 4 the tour, and someone called Gethin Jones, the quality has gone up wek by wek lets see what they can do with a whole hour.

project
    Free Member

BUmp.

mjsmke

What time is it on?

unklehomered
    Free Member

damnit, actually fancy that but lympics has used almost all my internet allowance…

project
    Free Member

20.00 hrs itv4, its also repeated on sunday morning.

crazy-legs

It’s got better since Anna has been on there as well. Decent features like the Megavalanche, even if they felt a bit rushed in the half hour slot. Here’s hoping it continues to improve.

Ned Boulting is great – he’d be very good as a presenter/anchorman for the whole show.

racefaceec90

haven’t watched it since the first episode (keep forgetting it’s on).am watching it now though 🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

haven’t watched since the first episode….

cos it was truly terrible. just decided to take a look at the recent stuff and first, firefox and itv player just dont get along. IE however is fine and

2nd episode starts with the guy saying how they have listened to ‘comments’ and bloody hell they mustve, the cafe is quiet the audience is slightly controlled, the audio is better……

im recording tonights and i will spread the word in social network land as i think it is now suitable for a wider audience.

The Cycle Show – sorry, ive been busy with the Olympics and riding my bike for the last couple of weeks.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Guerilla marketing from Greenoil with that t-shirt there..!

BristolPablo
    Free Member

that guy in red has very good table manners…

w1zard
    Free Member

that guy in red has very good table manners…

hahaha yes he has 🙂

tomhoward

That. Is one hell of a haircut!

Greenoil man has never concentrated so much on eating and not looking stupid doing it!

MrSmith
    Free Member

did they overexpose that feature and then try to pull that down digitally? nice brown blown highlights

unklehomered
    Free Member

I’m actually liking this. Not just looking at it and say its OK, I am enjoying watching this, its not aimed at me as a bike enthusiast, but the hour long format, with structure, a none patronising bit of city commuting, while yes could have been better, it was good and I’m enjoying watching it.

Edit: wiggle advert is making me die inside every time its one thought

rowley
    Free Member

Looked a bit like some 70’s TOTP/ Doctor Who special effects being applied.
    Bet the presenter is nervous Boulting may get his gig.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bet the presenter is nervous Boulting may get his gig.

I’m sure they already asked him but couldn’t afford him (yet….If it gets bigger figures, who knows.)

racefaceec90

the program is better as an hour long program.liking the bmx feature also 🙂

rowley
    Free Member

Yeah much better this week. But this bit is a bit clunky.

acehtn
    Free Member

Is that Simon in the red T 🙂 then ? wheres Charlie then ?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Sorry, who’s the early 80’s Punk/goth/psychobilly bloke?

warton
    Free Member

Rob Hayles is good value. Just shows how far ahead the top pros are…

unklehomered
    Free Member

Rikk please over that Dan bloke… he’s all meh…

warton
    Free Member

apologies for any ignorance, but what is the guy in the blues disability? He’s just kicked a pro riders arse on the sprint test

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The CRC ads are very annoying….

At least the Tour de Francis had some good catchphrases to steal!

Such as “Really, really big climb” when someone’s suffering a bit! 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

warton – Member
    apologies for any ignorance, but what is the guy in the blues disability?

Cerebral palsy.

TheSwede
    Free Member

He has an artificial nipple.

crazy-legs

As CFH says.
    He’s classed as C3 which is the middle “score” on a scale of 1 to 5 to measure the level of disability.

dawson

sooo much better for being an hour long.

What’s going on with the white colours?

cookeaa

I was quite enjoying it thought it had improved…

until they decided we needed some witless fashionista called ‘Jules’ with her chuffing canal tow path app…

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Where’s that bike park place?

MrSmith
    Free Member

soho

crazy-legs

That was genuinely good, a vast improvement on the first couple of shows and much better for being an hour long. The BMX bit felt a bit rushed, no real background to it but the rest was pretty well thought out.

Didn’t mind the ‘witless fashionista’, if anything that was quite a good pointer to the fact that cycling in London isn’t all about dodging trucks and can be a nice day out.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Much better as a one hour slot.

Gives them soope for better features.

Good stuff.

spacemonkey

Saw the last 5 mins and am strangely looking forward to checking out my recording later in the week. Didn’t think I’d be saying that 2/3 weeks ago.

Would be great if it matured throughout the series and gained enough of a following to be taken somewhat more seriously.

project
    Free Member

a hugeimprovement even the presenter with no name smiled and appeared to have had a personality transplant, well done to the producers for getting it to an hour.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have to admit to rather liking that today. Good stuff, and here’s hoping they can keep on improving.

jordanm
    Free Member

First post, so nice to be able to be positive…

Watched each one, definitely improving. Hour slot is much better for allowing more breadth/depth of features. TBH, I’m just enjoying seeing something I love getting some TV exposure.

Rob H on the RAMP test was great – very revealing.

I like it.

mbarnes
    Free Member

Good to have anything like this on tv. It’s not quite the cycling equivalent of ski Sunday yet but it’s a great start!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s not quite the cycling equivalent of ski Sunday yet but it’s a great start!

Given what has become of Ski Sunday recently, I’d rather they didn’t continue down that route! (See Snowheads if you want some real vitriol re Ski Sunday!)

druidh
    Free Member

It’ll be a marvellous day for the UK when one of those London chappies deigns to travel elsewhere to show us one of these new-fangled bicycle thingies.

Can you pedal them wearing clogs?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘The Cycle Show, on for an Hour tonight’ is closed to new replies.