Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • The Cycle Show, on for an Hour tonight
  • cp

I’m not really getting the blogger girl from the ones I’ve seen either.

Banks was brilliant – really knowledgable

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Is the blogger girl not the sister of a poster on here?

I believe an ass whooping was being promised for any criticism of her 😀

leggyblonde
    Free Member

nope, my sister is the one who gets sent off to crash a different type of bike each week!

crazy-legs

Is the blogger girl not the sister of a poster on here?

I believe an ass whooping was being promised for any criticism of her

No, you’re thinking of Anna Glowinski (the blonde girl who did the Megavalanche and the bike polo articles), she’s the sister of ‘leggyblonde’ on here (Philip).

The “fashion blogger” is the black girl (Jules?) who did an article about towpath commuting last week and then last night interviewed two blokes who’ve set up a bike community website called bikebuddy.

Edit: Philip beat me to it by 15 seconds! Very similar to our racing days when he’d normally beat me by about the same…

Cammer
    Free Member

Watch out for Dani King’s mysterious fuzzy jumper on the bike folding section! Not sure what was going on there?!

MrAgreeable

I’ve only watched the last two episodes but it’s certainly not as dreadful as people are making out. I don’t think Anna or Rob Hayles are natural born TV presenters, but then they’re also the ones who know a bit about their subject and can walk the walk.

Remember that Top Gear was on telly for 25 years before it became half decent (and even then your enjoyment of it depends on your tolerance to Clarkson and the one with hair like a dog).

Crell
    Free Member

I think Hayles is good – he’s a natural on the pre-recorded stuff.

The revelation for me last night was Geoff Banks. He was lurking a couple of shows ago but he’s obviously nuts about cycling.

Ignoring the penny farthing, pointless bike “folding” and the bike blogger interview (I think that just leaves the sofa chat) it was a marked improvement.

freeagent
    Free Member

Geoff Banks was great guest, very interesting guy who obviously loves cycling.
    ……and Lizzie looked great ;o)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Other potential guests to have?

Alan Sugar – He loves his bikes. Loves them!
    Paul Smith – As with Banks, a real bike nut
    Helen Skelton (I think that’s her name!) from Blue Peter re the polar bike stuff
    Any others?

brakes
    Free Member

me! I loves bikes me.

mt
    Free Member

Thought it was reasonable most of the way through. That bike buddy interview was dire. To quote Cav “Do you actually ride a bike” seemed clueless, could be wrong though perhaps she does 19 mins for a 10.
    Geoff Banks was really good, would like to hear more from him. Dani good but Lizzie was extreemly good and made the case for womens racing pretty well. All in not bad.

psling
    Free Member

Dani’s fuzzy jumper? They pixellated out Nike for about 50% of the time there, why bother!

Mind you, Dirt magazine got prominance and no fuzzyness; about time Singletrack got on the coffee table, eh 8)

wrecker
    Free Member

A friend who works on the show asked for a suggestion. I told her to get Rob Warner. 😀

mtbfix

Anna G at Blenheim (pic above) looked delightful. Unfortunately they were spending so long interviewing Rory McGrath and Will Mellor before the Brompton race set off that I gave up and went to get the little one some lunch. Coverage next week so I’ll not miss owt.

Viewing 14 posts - 81 through 94 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘The Cycle Show, on for an Hour tonight’ is closed to new replies.