The cost or family holidays in term time…

Home Forum Chat Forum The cost or family holidays in term time…

Viewing 9 posts - 136 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • The cost or family holidays in term time…
  • Something should indeed be done about the cost of family holidays in the actual school holidays.

I want to go on holiday when there are few, if any, kids around. If the holidays stay this expensive in the holidays, parents will continue to take their kids out of school to go on holiday, and therefore, at the times that I want to go on a peaceful, kid free one!

fair point there.

of course, you could choose to go somewhere less attractive to families. I recommend the Canadian Rockies 🙂 it’s very nice there

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

I struggle with long sentences

However, I will contribute to this thread. Some of the most enjoyable holidays I’ve had with my wife and kids have been those Sun holiday promotions for caravan parks…dire cheap and outside term time too 😀

[edit] – why does I N R A T S automagically change to “I struggle with long sentences?” Cheeky STW web monkeys 😆

I’m sharing a nice villa with a pool in a village in a quiet bit of Spain about 5 mins from the beach, 1 week middle of August £1200 quid for 4 of us all in including car hire. Don’t fly at weekends, share the cost of a big villa, choose somewhere less travelled and it’s easy to save a bundle.

johndoh

Well, it’s just cost me £4,100 for two weeks in Ibiza. All inclusive 3 Star (but 4.5/5 Trip Adviser rating) in August.

I couldn’t care less, it’s our kids first proper summer sun holiday and they will be 5 when we go.

And they do international beers and spirits in the All In deal. 8)

MrSmith

it’s not just because of schools summer holidays that prices go up in the summer, i have studied many graphs and charts and pored over the data and realised it’s lovely weather that is a significant factor.

Edukator

It’s not just the Brits that go on holiday, Germans are the most numerous holiday makers in many destinations, apart from the fact there are over 80 million of them they have good reason to go:

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

Pah, I see your Leipzig and raise you:

Edukator

It’s the sunshine figure for Manchester that’s depressing, only 1071 hours. That’s 800 hours less that the not especially sunny corner of France I live in.

Viewing 9 posts - 136 through 144 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘The cost or family holidays in term time…’ is closed to new replies.