Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The Capital Trail on Sunday, what's the weather like up there?
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Traveling from Yorkshire Sunday morning to hit The Capital Trail.
    Sure thing, I’m monitoring MetOffice very closely but first hand weather account would be appreciated…

Cheers!
    I.

NewRetroTom

Trails will be pretty wet. It has rained pretty much every day in August so far. Localised flooding near my home in Penicuik this morning.
    Good luck!

scotroutes

The remnants of Hurricane Gert will be crossing the northern British Isles over the course if the next 48 hours. Expect it to be wet, though hopefully this will mostly be confined to the ground by the time you set off.

rudedog
    Free Member

Yeah was pretty wet in the Pentlands last night, trails are a right state.

balfa
    Free Member

Yeah it’s been wet and no doubt it’ll be a bit harder going. However, the forecast for the weekend onwards look ok and things will start to dry out quickly.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Cheers Chaps!

Might need to re-think mudguards…

I.

dmorts

A fair few bitey flying things around, make sure you’ve got something to repel them. Minor inconvenience on a normal ride but on a ride as long as the Ct, they could become quite an irritation

jamiep
    Free Member

The route doesn’t get that boggy. I’d just be checking the wind, which should be gone by Sunday, as it can be a slog if windy around the Lammermuir Hills wind farm (of course) (not that it would stop your ride, just tire to out early into the ride)

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Thanks once again!

I must admit that after visit to Evanton it thought that stories about Terrifying Flying Jaws are a tad exaggerated.
    But might be I was just lucky.
    Would I be able to buy Smidge somewhere in Edinburgh off the shelf?

Cheers!
    I.

jamiep
    Free Member

probably Tiso or Cotswold Outdoor, both on Rose St, in the city centre. I don’t really think there is currently any issue with midges in this area

edit: ensure you stock up with supplies/water by Selkirk because there aren’t many options for a while after that

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Cheers jamiep!

Good little piece of advice.

I.

dmorts

I don’t really think there is currently any issue with midges in this area

Not sure if it was midges, but something was biting. Ridden both Pentlands and Tweed Valley a few times over the past 2 weeks.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘The Capital Trail on Sunday, what's the weather like up there?’ is closed to new replies.