Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • The Boys Season 3 (may be NSFW)
  • lovewookie

teaser has me quite excited to see where this stupidly daft but highly entertaining show goes.

anyone else looking forward to it?

martinhutch

June? Booo!

Looks like fun, though.

desperatebicycle

Dunno if you’ve seen I mentioned on the “Netflix..” thread that there’s a series of cartoons inspired by The Boys on Prime “The Boys Presents Diabolical..” – same sick sense of humour and dodgy violence in animated form. Worth a watch 😀

lovewookie

nice, will look at that. 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

stupidly daft but highly entertaining

I wouldn’t describe it as that.

v7fmp

cant wait for season 3.

me and the missus very much enjoyed the first two series.

squirrelking
    Free Member

^ This. 😀

supernova

The only super hero series worth watching.

Drac

Can’t wait. Especially after last seasons climatic ending.

lovewookie

I wouldn’t describe it as that.

exploding people? silly accents, completely OTT. it’s great.

then, I also enjoyed start trek discovery too, so I’ve no taste.
    (I’m enjoying Picard too, oh the shame!)

mogrim

Definitely looking forward to it, will have to rewatch season 2 to remind myself how it ended.

squirrelking
    Free Member

will have to rewatch season 2 to remind myself how it ended.

Messily. Very, very messily.

BoardinBob

The only super hero series worth watching.

The Umbrella Academy is my recommendation

martinhutch

I’m enjoying Picard too, oh the shame!

Am I the only one who thinks it would be a more enjoyable series if it was just Seven and the rest of the gang, without him zimmering around as well?

Discovery Series 1 and 2 I thought were great, Series 3 pretty dull. I think it’s now disappeared onto some weird subscription service I’m never likely to get.

corroded
    Free Member

I wouldn’t describe The Boys’ satire of Trumpian populism, the religious right and degenerate capitalism as daft. It’s as savage as anything I’ve seen. But highly entertaining and messy are accurate.

dudeofdoom

The Umbrella Academy is my recommendation

Yep and and if you’ve got hbo ‘Peacemaker’ has offbeat giggles.

desperatebicycle

The Umbrella Academy

One of those things I started to watch, then forgot all about it. Guess that says it all.

johnx2
    Free Member

after last seasons climatic ending

Wasn’t it a happy ending?

piemonster

Has anyone seen any of Peacemaker yet? Not seen a U.K. release date yet.

desperatebicycle

Yep, via naughty downloads after seeing someone on here saying they were watching it. Enjoyed it. Bloody themetune gets stuck in my head though!

BoardinBob

One of those things I started to watch, then forgot all about it. Guess that says it all.

One of those things I’ve watched multiple times. Guess that says it all

thols2

The Boys was fun, pretty brutal though. Umbrella Academy and Invincible were good too.

halifaxpete

Looking forward to this. Hints of Homelander jr going abit ‘Brightburn’ in that trailer.

dudeofdoom

Bloody themetune gets stuck in my head though!

It’s the dance that does me in TBH.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Butcher as a Supe this will be a crazy season and i cant wait

mattyfez

Looks utterly bonkers, or should I say ‘diabolical’.
    Can’t wait.
    Fun bit of trivia, the actor who plays homelander almost went to jail in Spain recently for an assault in a nightclub. He’s on a 12 month suspended sentence.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wouldn’t describe The Boys’ satire of Trumpian populism, the religious right and degenerate capitalism as daft. It’s as savage as anything I’ve seen

That’s what I was going to say. I’m amazed at how many people seem to have missed this in the US based entertainment commentary. I mean he is literally wrapped in a flag whilst doing all those awful things, but they apparently don’t notice as so many things are.

That is far far darker than the comedy violence.

walowiz

teaser has me quite excited to see where this stupidly daft but highly entertaining show goes.
    anyone else looking forward to it?

Oh yes, my favourite show, it’s absolutely bonkers escapism and love it. I find it a real breath of fresh air amongst all the other shows, all the better for not being at all like the sanitised marvel fare. It’s so good, I can even overlook Urban’s funny accent.

If you look closely there are some dark overtures in there, though to be frank you don’t need to look too closely.

toby1

I was hoping this was due any day, June seems a while away.

It is silly in it’s level’s of violence, but has some story behind it at times.

Jensen Ackles should be a good addition to the team too, good to see him in something other than Supernatural.

lovewookie

That’s what I was going to say. I’m amazed at how many people seem to have missed this in the US based entertainment commentary. I mean he is literally wrapped in a flag whilst doing all those awful things, but they apparently don’t notice as so many things are.

That is far far darker than the comedy violence

It’s definitely a big part of what makes the show, if not the part that makes the show. otherwise I suspect the comedy violence would soon feel a bit lacking.

my earlier mention of it being daft was on a purely superficial level, it is daft. But yes, there is much much more to it than that.

lovewookie

It’s so good, I can even overlook Urban’s funny accent.

that accent is great, no idea why he did it like that, perhaps he felt that the show needed to step way from reality a bit more 😉

or maybe he’s going to do a Christopher Lambert and when told he talks funny and asked where he’s from, state ‘loadsa diffrnt places, mucka’

molgrips
    Free Member

The accent made more sense as the show progressed!

But yes, there is much much more to it than that.

That’s certainly why I like it.

muddy@rseguy

Yes, but will there be any more Billy Joel?

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘The Boys Season 3 (may be NSFW)’ is closed to new replies.