Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • the best mtb film… life cycles
  • ononeorange

Can I ask an “IT” question on the iTunes suggestion please – my ipod only plays music (as far as I know). How do I watch a film from iTunes?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Remember the premiere in Leeds. Remember being half pissed after visiting the German fair beforehand. Remember thinking if I’d been sober I’d have walked out halfway through it was so bad.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I agree with Northwind, loved the Earthed series, great mixture of purpose filmed shots and loads of world cup goings on. And fantastic music. And far less rpetentious than some recent stuff. I didn’t mind Life Cycles but the voice over was grating on me by the end.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Life Cycles is the only MTB film I’ve found unwatchable. In fact the first time I tried to watch it I barely made it through the first segment. A film which isn’t half as clever as it would like you to think it is.

AlexSimon

Can I ask an “IT” question on the iTunes suggestion please – my ipod only plays music (as far as I know). How do I watch a film from iTunes?

Either in iTunes on a PC/Mac or newer ipod, iphone, appletv, ipad.

There may be ways to ‘free’ it from DRM and get it onto other devices, but I haven’t tried.

ononeorange

Thanks Alex. Old ipod so that’s out then. Cheers

Northwind

IIRC we saw Follow Me as a double bill with Seasons, and Follow Me second. Which was a shame as I can’t remember anything about it now other’n that it wasn’t as good as Seasons. Need to see it again some time.

Home is fantastic. Find I thought was astonishingly bad considering who made it. How they took Macaskill, Peat and Rey and a helicopter and made such an uninspiring sequence I don’t know, and yet it’s still the highlight. Sorry Reset guys but it’s as bad as Home is good.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

The Whistler section in ROAM is probably my favourite piece of footage ever.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_0p7cuCOLg&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

MSP

Home is fantastic. Find I thought was astonishingly bad considering who made it. How they took Macaskill, Peat and Rey and a helicopter and made such an uninspiring sequence I don’t know, and yet it’s still the highlight. Sorry Reset guys but it’s as bad as Home is good.

Having seen Find I didn’t go on to buy home, I felt completely ripped off buying Find, I couldn’t believe the reviews it got, completely uninspiring, turgid dullness.

rewski
    Free Member

I totally disagree with the harsh comments about find, great locations, great music and great riding, what’s not to like?

Steve77
    Free Member

If ever a movie needed an alternative soundtrack it was Life Cycles. It’s like they found a 14 year old boy pretending to be stoned and got him to write the narration

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘the best mtb film… life cycles’ is closed to new replies.