Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • The Armstrong Lie – available online
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

PSA: a certain online site well known for films/video clips has The Armstrong Lie documentary available at the moment.

Seems an appropriate way to watch it if you ask me.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks. Hopefully still be up there tomorrow when I’ve got a bit more time.

househusband

Seems an appropriate way to watch it if you ask me.

😆

Gribs

I got my copy from the most famous torrent site (or rather a proxy of it). It’s not a great film.

soobalias
    Free Member

i will download a copy, but not bother to watch it

jambalaya
    Free Member

Friend of mine saw it at the cinema, seems there is an interesting backstory as the filming was done before Armstrong was finally outed as a cheat and the film originally was supposed to have been a defence against the accusations but turned 180 degrees to become Armstrong, the lie

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Thanks for that, just watched it.

racefaceec90

just watching it now,cannot hear the film with all the swearing 😳 that’ll be me 🙂

aP
    Free Member

So, what will hora say?
    I was a huge fan until I read that book and thought, ‘what a complete shit’.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Some interesting on bike and in car footage. Nothing really new for those who’ve followed the story closely though.

Still maintains that the time before his cancer was free from dopage, so that includes the World’s in ’93 and his La Flèche Wallonne victory.

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

Started watching it last night and thought it was pretty interesting. That well known video site looks to have removed it today though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Still maintains that the time before his cancer was free from dopage, so that includes the World’s in ’93 and his La Flèche Wallonne victory.

I think in his mind that’s true as he only considers the heavy doping program he was on post cancer to be “doping”. The dabbling pre cancer, he doesn’t consider that to be doping. Didn’t he more or less admit that in the Oprah interview?

Waderider
    Free Member

Still there.

Careful though, the website is popping me up an extra browser tab offering an .exe file for faster video. Highly likely to be nefarious. Just close the tab!

franksinatra

Why all the Lance hating? He was just doing what everybody else did. He is still my hero, the greatest cyclist ever. And he cured cancer. I think he was set up…. 😉

llama

I’m not going to watch it 7 times, but I’ll say I have

Then I’ll threaten all the people who know I haven’t watch it that I’ll tell everyone they haven’t watched it either.

hora
    Free Member

I’m not going to view, read and from now on discuss LA. All I’ll care about is how the UCI etc change things going forward.

For us fans etc, why look back?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

its worth it for the bobbins he comes out with to suggest he didnt dope in ’09 on the ventoux stage which bagged him the third spot on the podium when he “miraculously” hung on to the leaders and dropped Wiggins; “they took a blood sample immediately after the stage, everyone knows that distorts your blood levels” 🙄

And just how much animosity there was between him and Bertie. And Bertie doing exactly what Bruyneel told him not to do on one stage, and Bruyneel throwing his toys out of the pram/team car.

Totally agreed with the sentiment that illegal/unofficial viewing is appropriate, watched it on that there video sharing site weeks ago.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Like it or not it’s a significant part of the history of the sport now. And as with most historical events many strive document and to better understand the what and why.

Also got to learn from the past or you’re doomed to repeat it.

warton
    Free Member

started watching last night, will finish tonight.

I think the footage from 2009 is fascinating, to see how entrenched in the lie they all are, Bruyneel, his team and LA.

dawson

acquired it a couple of weeks back but not got round to watching it yet.

londonerinoz
    Free Member

Would Lance get any share in the profits from legal viewing, or has he been paid already?

Just wondering if this protest vote has any merit.

ross980
    Free Member

Watched it last night as I suspected it wouldn’t be there long. I found it quite interesting but then I find that whole era and the LA story quite intriguing. I still think there’s more to come out with respect to how complicit the UCI/TdF organisers were.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Yeah the whole UCI angle is indeed fascinating/depressing. However if they can’t even implement the rules they introduced into this season can we expect them to really do anything meaningful about something 5, 10, 15, years ago?

I’m reading The Secret Race, Tyler Hamilton’s book on the era and that has quite a lot of references to Hein Verbruggen/UCI.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I’m reading The Secret Race, Tyler Hamilton’s book on the era…

Great book, I couldn’t put it down when I read it. I read it before LA admitted doping and the fact that he was still denying made the book even better for me.

bigjim

I take it this is an illegal site and not netflix then?!

Is this the film where he is openly filmed blood doping in front of his kids?

ross980
    Free Member

+2 on the Tyler Hamilton book.

EDIT: Legal site Jim. The biggest one where you might consider uploading a video to

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

YouTube.

He does not dope in front of his little ones, we never actually see any doping (that I saw anyway as most of the footage was from when it was still “secret”).

He does however perform a blood test via USDA/WADA in front of his family, very different but could be misconstrued the wrong way quite easily.

BillOddie

I watched a copy I acquired from a well known Torrent site on Monday night.

LA came across as borderline sociopathic I thought.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Looks like it’s been taken down. Shame.

christhetall
    Free Member

There is also speculation that his use of HGH/steroids might have triggered his cancer, plus it might have been identified earlier had it not been for the use of testosterone or masking agents.

I believe other (clean) athletes have had early diagnosis of testicular cancer thanks to anomalies in their drug tests

flatfish
    Free Member

Race across the sky is on there too.

clubber
    Free Member

I believe other (clean) athletes have had early diagnosis of testicular cancer thanks to anomalies in their drug tests

that’s one of the big accusations thrown at the UCI – given that he obviously did have testicular cancer, that should have produced a positive doping test. That it didn’t suggests that they got the result but turned a blind eye to it…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

David Walsh’s 7 Deadly Sins explains this in more detail; testicular cancer causes an increase in a hormone (?) which is tested for in doping tests, and LA’s values for that hormone (taking figures from his own autobio where he discusses his diagnosis) were off the chart by a factor of ‘000s compared to the healthy/non-doping baseline.

christhetall
    Free Member

Race across the sky is on there too.

Watching that film inspired me to enter the 2011 Kielder 100 and endure one of the most miserable days I’ve ever spent on a bike, as well as costing me several hundred quid in new parts to repair the damage. I ought to sue.

Enjoyed it more the following year though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Still available anywhere else…?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

David Walsh’s 7 Deadly Sins explains this in more detail

Added to the book reading backlog, thanks.

AlexSimon

christhetall – Member
    Watching that film inspired me to enter the 2011 Kielder 100 and endure one of the most miserable days I’ve ever spent on a bike, as well as costing me several hundred quid in new parts to repair the damage. I ought to sue.

Enjoyed it more the following year though.
    lol – well done (for the timing of the punchline and for the endurance).

clubber
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member
    Still available anywhere else…?

Yes. I suspect though that publishing the link would be breaking the rules though.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Added to the book reading backlog, thanks.

I was sceptical, expecting it to be an opportunistic rehash of his other LA books, but it is closer to being Walsh’s own autobiography hung around the LA story, with new material and more background. An entertaining read.

jamiec360
    Free Member

It was actually much better than I expected, the sequence where Bert turns and looks at him on the mountain then disappears into the distance is brilliant, never had a lot of time for Bert previously but loved this.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘The Armstrong Lie – available online’ is closed to new replies.