Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • The April Fools thread
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Lets have ’em all in one place!

So far

Cardboard bike

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

One of BMW’s crackers from 2010:
    BMW Magnetic Election Badges

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member
    pallyally
    Free Member

Radio 4 has just announced the invention of 3D sound

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member
    Drac

Radio 4 has just announced the invention of 3D sound

Don’t be so sceptical.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9427000/9427892.stm

thepurist

@piedi – That one’s true!

13thfloormonk

Hmm… I have my suspicions about that ‘North Shore’ tyre on the front page, a tyre that relies entirely upon you hitting the start of the ladder with the right section of tyre lined up with the gaps between slats?

On a side note, our company has decided to start holding redundancy consultations, today. 😀

midlifecrashes

BBC followed the 3d sound thing with a man who wears a dress telling us a magic man from the sky was so awesome we should all do as he says in his special book.

dirtyrider
    Free Member
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

@thepurist – and charging by induction plate????

tyger
    Free Member

Er.. actually the Electric Rolls-Royce is not an April Fool as I worked on it 🙂

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

one of my twitter friends has jut woken up to find this 😛 http://twitpic.com/4fl5mx

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Tyger, I expect Rolls would be a bit miffed about the time that the article was loaded onto the beeb’s site then!

1 April 2011 Last updated at 00:08

thepurist

@becky – the dedicated prankster will keep papering the doorway for a few days until the mark gets used to just walking through it without thinking, and then on the last day stick an upturned table behind it and wait for the thump.

rottwieler
    Free Member
    ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member
    Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

The Noth Shore tyre

for

riders who like riding wood and hucking trannies

fnarr, fnarr 😆

rottwieler
    Free Member
    crazy-legs

Chipps’ Facebook page earlier…

Chipps Chippendale
    It seemed an odd idea at first, but I’m coming round to the thought of making Singletrack a ‘cross-specific magazine for the winter issues.
    7 hours ago via Twitter · Like · · @Chipps on Twitter

Teetosugars
    Free Member

There’s a great one in i newspaper about Spain selling Ronaldo to Portugal to help ease their national debt.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

come on STW, not allowing comments on the new story? How to make it obvious…

fbk
    Free Member

I’m still trying to get hold of an Onza Octupus tyre – it just made sense 😉

bananaworld
    Free Member

Wikipedia

(Though they did bow to good taste and keep the news genuine.)

waveydavey
    Free Member
    didjit
    Free Member

Guardian coverage of Royal Wedding.

julianwilson
    Free Member

That Intense one is quality, good work! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

The electric rolls story has been about for at least a week btw.

DezB
    Free Member

The hilarious Jessops Scent Cam- http://mirror.newsletter.jessops.com/nl/jsp/m.jsp?c=c1375d314eb34a3223

They’ve emailed this out, the spamming gits. Unsubscribing from their mailing list now!

Sidney
    Free Member

Wikipedia front page for English. They could get Oz night workers to help out at Fukishima…..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

scholarsgate
    Free Member

this has got to be a fool

Fergie’s amazing ref peace pact

willard

Not sure about this one… It’s just believable enough to be fake.

Hi-Tech Fool?

mashiehood
    Free Member

Wild weather is set to wreak havoc on Kate and Wills’ big day as meteorologists predict an extreme blizzard will hit the UK on 29 April.

Prince William and his fiancée Kate Middleton have reportedly been forced to trade the lavish open top horse-drawn carriage they had planned to ride for the backup 1881 Glass Coach, which will be fitted with a custom-made snow plough to ensure it doesn’t get stuck on the procession route.

In an effort to control the weather Clarence House has employed a team of scientists to construct a fake cloud made from frozen carbon dioxide that will hover over Westminster Abbey and ‘lock in’ moisture to stop it raining. Head scientist at the Institute for the Deliberate Insulation of Temperature (IDIoT), Dr Lars Polfio, said he was confident the measures would be sufficient for the ceremony and the balcony kiss to go ahead.

“We will position a large body of cloud matter directly over Westminster Abbey and the areas immediately surrounding it, along with a smaller one that will cover Buckingham Palace. Kate and William should therefore stay in these two locations for the entire day, as we will not be able to guarantee complete dryness anywhere else in London,” Dr Polfio said in a statement.

In addition, high beam lights will be placed outside each of the Abbey’s stainless glass windows, to emit a natural glow as the bride and groom say their vows.

GrahamS

Wikipedia…

(Though they did bow to good taste and keep the news genuine.)

The Wikipedia “Did you know..” section is genius

Did you know…
    From Wikipedia’s newest articles:

… that the Australian government requires high-risk sex workers to wear full-face respirators (example pictured)?
    … that Ntrepid was paid $2.76 million by the U.S. military to create sock puppets?
    … that Batman is half female?
    … that nesting is not used by breeding Mute Swans but they do use this thing?
    … that Robert Tappan Morris was convicted of a crime for releasing a worm?
    … that Dr. Who’s parents are Brazilians from a family known for pineapples?
    … that even small amounts of dead cat can explode when heated?
    … that Europe was ruled by a child during the American Revolutionary War?
    … that a typical Labia minor is chocolate brown, up to 7 mm long, and is equipped with pincers?

If you follow the links you’ll see that it is all true, though possibly not in the way you were thinking.

DezB
    Free Member

willard – Member
    Not sure about this one… It’s just believable enough to be fake.

Hi-Tech Fool?

Thats the funniest one I’ve seen today! 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘The April Fools thread’ is closed to new replies.