• This topic has 884 replies, 162 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 885 total)
  • The All Night Election Results Thread
  • mooman
    Free Member

Yep – this country is not going to be a very nice place to live within 5 years.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Gloating right wingers! FFS can you imagine this place if the reverse had occurred?

Just a relief that common sense has prevailed.

molgrips
    Free Member

Shocked and saddened that the people are so easily persuaded to vote against their best interests. My heart goes out to the disabled and the public sector workers this morning, whose lives are to be cut to ribbons. Poor sods.

As for Europe – Christ, what a horrible prospect.

ninfan
    Free Member

Looking forward to the attacks on welfare, the nhs, the poor, the jobless, foreigners, low tax payers and the EU? I’m glad someone is, because I’m definitely not.

Exactly what we heard from the lefties five years ago, by now the entirety of the UK was supposed to look like a scene from threads – in case you had forgotten, the NHS was supposed to have already been sold off by now!

Has it still not occurred to anyone that if relying on this rhetoric didn’t work last time, it was even less likely to work this time?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Your relief may be short-lived when the contrived pre election boomlet stutters to a halt. Then you too might find yourself one of the new jewry.

And did I mention the ghost at the feast? Greece’s continuing problems are by no means ‘solved’, May the 11th being the next crunch point. It may yet be the domino which wipes the smug grim of Cameron’s face.

Stoner
    Free Member

quite. drama queens.

Im a fan of PR, but I draw your attention to UKIP 😯

FPTP has one redeeming feature left.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Another 5 years of Cameron et al and this country is fecked!

Hard to believe some people actually want that!

molgrips
    Free Member

Exactly what we heard from the lefties five years ago, by now the entirety of the UK was supposed to look like a scene from threads

Meaningless non-post. The kind of empty rhetoric that gets self serving scum back in. Quality.

Stoner
    Free Member

some people

c.9million of the 25m+ who bothered to vote.
    A few more than “some”

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Clearly your view wasn’t the majority view.

edward2000
    Free Member

Very bitter comments from the labour supporters.

colournoise

molgrips – Member
    Shocked and saddened that the people are so easily persuaded to vote against their best interests.

Even more so when it appears that they think they are voting in their (individual) best interests.

Should be a time for reflection rather than gloating or bitterness. Can’t say I’m looking forward to the next few years though.

allthepies
    Free Member

Beeb forecast now 329 cons!

ninfan
    Free Member

Wasn’t It was supposed to be fecked after the first five years?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Just heard Balls has asked for a recount as he’s 300 behind.

Pleeeeese!!!!!

allthepies
    Free Member

Full recount at Balls’ seat.

jimw
    Free Member

Deeply disapointing result, but not surprising. Well, just have to lump it won’t I and hope Dave really does put the country as a whole at the heart of his policies as he said this morning, but has that really happened in the past five years? Here’s hoping a paper thin majority will mean the most extreme policies in their manefesto will get toned down.

ninfan
    Free Member

Recount? Requested by Labour!

It’s looking good 8)

colournoise

“the future of Balls is very much hanging”

Nice one auntie beeb.

ahwiles
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

it seems we’re going to find out what influence the lib-Dems were having…

piemonster

There’s a lot if stunned chatter on my faceboak. Seems to be a lot of people making lots of assumptions about what they was expecting based on their self selected audience. Considering the amount of them in the Oxon and Northants I’m not really sure why they are that surprised. (Numerous assumptions made on my part, but hey ho)

I’m disappointed my candidate of choice didn’t get in, but I’m bitterly disappointed he doesnt actually have Tusks.

I have to admit, I dislike UKIP quite strongly. And as unpleasant as I’ve found some of their supporters in actual ‘real’ life. I find it more wrong that 14% of the vote is so badly represented.

oldboy
    Free Member

These lefties really don’t give up, do they? 🙂

geoffj

I think the loss of Danny Alexander is the only one I regret. Cable is a silly old man and I wont mourn his eviscerating, but Danny was far more pragmatic in his economics and I think he did a good job at the treasury and should take a lot of credit for the economic stability we have now.

+1 I’ve spoken to him a few times in and around Aviemore and he’s a thoroughly decent chap.
    Probably the best thing for him personally though – I’d imagine that he won’t struggle to pick up a decent job.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

This country is fecked already, and has been for the last few decades

colournoise

So gloating OK, but expressions of frustration not?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

c.9million of the 25m+ who bothered to vote.
    A few more than “some”

Which ignores the wishes of the 16million who didn’t want a Tory government. FPTP is a Groundhog Day car wreck system.

kimbers

Stoners point about ukip is quite shocking, an EU referendum, might be a bit of a worry !

Stoner
    Free Member

Which ignores the wishes of the 16million who didn’t want a Tory government.

…and ignores 12-13% who voted UKIP with no resultant representation.

Careful what you wish for.

wilburt
    Free Member

Staggered, I really don’t get the Lib Dem collapse they seem like a good lot and NC always sensible when interviewed. Is it some paper I don’t read that done a great job for the Tories, anti immigration, anti Europe ?? Just don’t get it.

AdamW
    Free Member

Didn’t you get the memo? It is.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

If UKIP have the support they should have the representation, I’d rather have them up front and accountable.

Stoner
    Free Member

sure.

Just as long as it’s after we’ve got through a Euro referendum unscathed.

Last polls I saw had pro Europe up at 65% so hopefully it’s a safe play.

ninfan
    Free Member

Didn’t you get the memo?

Was that the same memo that told us about the double dip recession and a million more unemployed?

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-labour-wrong-economy/20443

Rockape63
    Free Member

And…the SNP are toothless in Westminster, another great result!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

I’m proud of the people of my country, and absolutely gutted for the NHS in England and Wales. However, that’s what the people there voted for, so that’s what they’ll get.

AdamW
    Free Member

Was that the same memo that told us about the double dip recession and a million more unemployed?

And the million use food banks, the deaths of poor people due to benefits sanctions and the like.

Still, eh, Gideon Osbourne has said he wanted another term to “finish the job”. So I must therefore guess that in 2020, around this time of year the state of the country will be one as they say in biblical terms “a land flowing with milk and honey”?

It will be interesting to live in this utopia which is due to appear. When do you think we’ll see the first fruits of this wonderful society emerge?

anagallis_arvensis

Here’s hoping a paper thin majority will mean the most extreme policies in their manefesto will get toned down.

I expect a paper thing majority will give the swivel eyed loons on the right of the party more power not less.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Staggered, I really don’t get the Lib Dem collapse they seem like a good lot and NC always sensible when interviewed. Is it some paper I don’t read that done a great job for the Tories, anti immigration, anti Europe ?? Just don’t get it.

The price paid for not telling the public what they were doing to moderate the actions last government.

Stoner
    Free Member

Lucas survived. Wasnt expecting that.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘The All Night Election Results Thread’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM