Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • That there rock music.
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

if you like early Zepp then checkout Greta van Fleet. Mucho fun. And way too young to be playing this.

CountZero

Certainly got Percy’s wail down, and the slide work is very Page! Whoever is thumping the tubs has been studying Bonzo pretty closely too. Not bad, I rather like that.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I just sampled their latest album on iTunes – I like it. Clearly derivative, but plenty of talent. Reckon they’d be fantastic live.

zippykona

That in my book is a bit too close.

Waderider
    Free Member

Well, i listened to that and if you think it is comparable to Zep you need some new ears.

sbob
    Free Member

Well, i listened to that and if you think it is comparable to Zep you need some new ears.

Is it not self-indulgent karaoke?

senorj

I think that’s ace.

Waderider – Percy disagrees…. 🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’m not sure you even know what your ears are.

PJay
    Free Member

Reckon they’d be fantastic live.

Not too shabby, I’m rather impressed.

davy-g
    Free Member

wow.. just wow….. gave me shivers up and down my spine when the kid started singing….. took me back over 50 years…… 🙂

duncancallum

Seeing them next month in Amsterdam the night after pearl jam….

Can’t wait

slackalice
    Free Member

Thanks for bumping this, I missed it first time round.

They’re very good!

Love Led Zep and from the bits I’ve listened to from the above links, they are same same, but different. I like.

jimjam
    Free Member

No, sorry. I listened to the songs above and to me that sounds like little more than a tribute band riffing.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

cringe worthy, does his amp go up to eleven?. Didn’t  like to spend a child protection services amount of time scrutinising, but did the lead guitarist have a large cucumber stuffed down his spandex pants in true Spinal Tap stylee?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Lovin’ this.

Like a pound-shop Wolfmother.

verses

Enjoyed listening to the Greta tracks, also been enjoying the Zep-influenced vibe of All Them Witches;

BillMC

‘Greta Van Fleet’, is that something they do in Essex?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

All Them Witches

Oh yes. Some strains of early Black Keys too, but it’s really unfair to just compare. They’ve got some great stuff going on in their tracks, they sound very accomplished. Thanks for that.

duncancallum

If you want full blown zep rip offage look at kingdom come

CheesybeanZ

Liking Gretta and the Witches  \m/

nickc

Also quite good fun. Complete with with rock flute (not something you get to say every day)

Denis99
    Free Member

Thanks for posting this, just added to my favourite listing on Tidal.

Good stuff

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Vambo are worth a look as well.

donks
    Free Member

Aye that goat track is decent. Had a listen to some of their other stuff and I’m liking. 6 music have been playing it as well.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Had a listen to this today. Enjoyed it, but did feel like a Zep cover band writing their own songs 🙄

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Enjoyed it, but did feel like a Zep cover band writing their own songs

They’re just young, and don’t forget just how derivative Zep are often accused of being in the early days. They’re also very good musicians, so the potential is exciting and I’d like to think they’d develop their own style into their next album(s). Rock needs players/bands like this.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘That there rock music.’ is closed to new replies.