Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • That old expression, “You can put lipstick on a pig…” (Fugly car content)
  • winston
    Free Member

“Out of interest is it because you can’t afford one so you sneer at it?”

I never understand this thinking. SUV’s and crossovers are often hideous – this uglyness is shown in even sharper relief when they come from a stable that produced some of the worlds most beautiful cars. Hence many people (myself included) will look at a DB6 or a 911 and think wow that’s nice – I could probably see myself buying one of those if I won the lottery etc etc. When I see someone with one, like I did today at a clients house I thought mmmn I like that.Its probably the epitome of what a sports car should look like and the engineering is all to a purpose. He also had an SQ7.  Thats just a round peg expensively engineered to fit in a square hole. No sneering here, its just pointless. At no point would I ever even dream of buying one – why would you?

nixie

That Astons grill is pretty close to being from a Mondeo!

Pretty sure there was a post/article around somewhere from an Aston designer calling Ford out for stealing the Aston styling.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Just sayin’…..

ElShalimo

@perchy – is that your SUV?

😋

brakes
    Free Member

SUVs and crossovers are increasingly popular, to the extent that Ford USA are ceasing production of regular saloon cars, and which is clearly lost on you

it’s not lost on me, I just don’t like it 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Those Aston IQ’s are becoming collectors cars, go search for one they are really blooming expensive..

£30k for a 20000 mile 13 plate..

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘That old expression, “You can put lipstick on a pig…” (Fugly car content)’ is closed to new replies.