Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • That new Yeti SB150.. How much?
  • philstone

Saw the details and price first on PB.. $3800 US, ok so today’s exchange around £2300 ish.. good pricing. Then read how much Silverfish are selling it at.. £3500!! Am I missing something here? Even taking into account the US price may be less local sales tax, that’s still £750 more than the US!!?

dyls

I picked something similar up before, I think we are getting stung imo.

Rubber_Buccaneer

You need to check your exchange rate, there are only $1.28 to the pound

$3800 / 1.28 = £2968

Add VAT

£2968 X 1.2 = £3562

philstone

Damn you’re right! My app hasn’t updated it’s exchange rate in 6 months!!!!!

So I’m talking rubbish, we’re getting a better deal than the US!!! Hahaha

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The fly in the ointment will be if Trump goes through with the latest tariffs which may add 10-20% I think onto bikes/frames/components – could imagine some of the bigger guys landing in the EU if that happens for this market.

Akers

Some U.S brands already ship direct from their Far East manufacturer to the U.K. Sometimes they’ll ship the frame and ‘build kit’ separately, as bike parts attract a lower import tariff than complete bikes, apparently.

DezB
    Free Member

Plenty of great bikes at far more sensible prices. Not a fan of Yeti’s current direction. The reason I first bought a 575 was because it was a great frame for a decent price. Now they’re all carbon and have that Switch-infinity thing going on for stupid money, I’ll not look at buying another Yeti. Not that I could afford it, even if I did want one!!

scotroutes

Sometimes they’ll ship the frame and ‘build kit’ separately, as bike parts attract a lower import tariff than complete bikes, apparently.

My 9ZERO7 fatbike came from Alaska in two boxes (one with wheels and parts, one with frame). As a result it attracted the lower duty rating. I think it was 4% rather than 17% but it was some time ago so those figures are only estimates.

singlespeedstu

It’s always been like that from what I can remember.

I “imported” some Pace stuff from a mail order company back in the 90’s (advert in an American mag)

Even with the mega expensive phone calls and postage it was still cheaper than I could buy it from any shop in the UK.

tomhoward

Pivot also ship the frames and build kits separately

tpbiker
    Free Member

I have a yeti asrc from around 2016. I got it ex demo, front triangle had been replaced so it was as good as new. .For around 1300 quid as I recall which even at that price I thought was a ridiculous amount of cash to spend on a bike frame.

It retailed at 3k, which for a single pivot bike is taking the piss Imo. Don’t get me wrong, it’s an awesome bike, but not 3k for a frame awesome. They seem even worse value nowadays.

That said, when I was looking for a carbon fs xc frame there wasn’t many deals to be had for under 2.5k rrp frame only. It made more sense to buy a whole bike and strip it than buy the frame alone.. Bikes like the obrea oiz and the canyon lux were only a few hundred quid more expensive to buy the bottom of the range bike than frame only. It made no sense at all

Add on the 500 quid yeti /santa cruz premium branding and 3500 doesn’t surprise me. Not that I’d be buying one at that price. Someone must be willing to spend that however..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Add on the 500 quid yeti /santa cruz premium branding and 3500 doesn’t surprise me. Not that I’d be buying one at that price. Someone must be willing to spend that however..

Whatever you do don’t look at specialized 😉

https://www.specializedconceptstore.co.uk/product/11735/2018-s-works-enduro-650b-frame/

https://www.specialized.com/gb/en/s-works-enduro-29—limited-edition-frame/p/126368

pinetree
    Free Member

Outraged at Yetis being expensive? Must be new here.

chestrockwell

I’d love the new Yeti in turquoise but at 3.5k for the frame I just couldn’t justify the cost.

nickfrog
    Free Member

It’s always been like that from what I can remember.

Except  that in this particular instance it’s not like that as highlighted earlier in the thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘That new Yeti SB150.. How much?’ is closed to new replies.