Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • That could have ended far worse
  • weeksy

WTF was he thinking and where exactly did he think he was going to go ???

sofaking
    Free Member

he was hoping to go left down the very steep bit, not right down the vertical bit

chiefgrooveguru

I know people moan that we don’t ride our mountain bikes down enough mountains – but watching that I’m very happy to spend my time amongst mere hills!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Yeah, it is one of the trials of riding in places like that – I did this line off Beinn Fhada in the north west of Scotland back in the summer which had similar consequences.

The line there goes from where I am then you had to endo round about halfway through the picture to then ride straight towards the camera where the big rock in the middle at the bottom edge of the photo is. If I’d been a bit fast, the drop going forwards wasn’t too bad, about 30m into a burn, but if I’d toppled left the fall was huge.

This is the opposite side of the corrie, but the fall was about equivalent to that at the left side of the rockwall. It would’ve been a bad one, and while I enjoyed it I think that ride (which went along the edge of the corrie for several hundred metres) taught me that my appreciation of exposure isn’t high enough and I need to rein it in a bit. My mate wouldn’t ride this feature at all and he’s a better rider than I am.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I might have not viewed all of it, but it seems very lucky he didn’t get a scratch on him, or the frame / forks at the same time as destroying a couple of rims and a set of bars.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Frame and forks looking decent shape!

wwaswas

*sniggers*

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Silly boy.  At least one of his nine lives used up there!

zippykona

people moan that we don’t ride our mountain bikes down enough mountains

A Spanish friend of mine described my bike as a “Countryside Bicycle”.

A very accurate description and one I use now..

nealglover
    Free Member

“I think my chain has come off”

Genius 😂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘That could have ended far worse’ is closed to new replies.