• This topic has 103 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Thai bride……know anyone who has?
  • hora
    Free Member

I think alot of people think from the dirty old man scenario perspective but look at it this way. Not everyone who is born in the UK is attracted to someone of the same colour. Its an alien-concept to those who only like white-white or Indian certain-caste etc etc etc etc.

Also don’t forget in the old days pre-agency/internet dating the only thing Cyril the 22yr old Lathe turner had to chose from was Mavis or Doris down at the social club.

Same goes for Tong, maybe she REALLY likes her men white or black?

“Thai brides” is almost insulting. A bye-gone era and alot of people should become global now that we can travel/meet people/get married to who we really like.

BigJohn

Thai bride was exposed as a Thai groom.! Yep meat and two veg.

So money can’t buy ‘appines but it can buy apenis.

nealglover
    Free Member

Krypton57 really tries hard to argue about nothing !

Home

NZCol

I don’t know what to say about this thread, I’m tongthaied.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thongs?

bearnecessities

😀

Northwind

hora – Member

“Thai brides” is almost insulting.

Nah, I think you’re just applying it- it’s not just a bride who’s from Thailand, it’s a Thai Bride, implies mailorder/other queasy arrangement.

ton

i did not post it to be insulting…..i was just posting something i had seen/observed.

sorry if it offended anyone (except kryton).

mogrim

Nah, I think you’re just applying it- it’s not just a bride who’s from Thailand, it’s a Thai Bride, implies mailorder/other queasy arrangement.

This is the bit I don’t like, it’s not like you’re living in Thailand and meet a girl, or she’s a student or working in the UK – these are (presumably) fairly desperate women looking for a way out, and to my mind this is little better than sex tourism.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’m offended he managed to change the subject even more efficiently than I would.

What a git, clearly needs his nipple-nuts adjusting.

On a similar theme;
    A guy I worked with once went sex touring.
    I forget the exact detail, but he reckoned it was a bargain because it was £10 for all night in Thailand, against £50 for half an hour in Worcester.
    Everyone else seemed to think this was a good deal, while I appeared to be the only one who thought that you are no less a rapist just because you pay someone else to do the threats and coercion bit.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lots of stories from those with a happy ending to horror stories.

Lived in Asia for two years have lots of friends with Asian wives and girlfriends, relationships form 1 to 30 years. None met via “mail order” but more than a few met their partners in night clubs but that’s hardly new is it. I have a friend who’s married a Russian girl he met via an I troductory service, so far so good.

Horror stories mostly around money grabbers who’ve stolen money and/or turned very nasty after having a baby. It’s not uncommon for the western husband/boyfriend to be expected to support/help out the girls relations

Hard to generalise but a “mail order / introductory service” wouldn’t work for me and I wouldn’t advise it to anyone else.

Mister-P
    Free Member

We all pay for relationships in one way or another. At least this route to a you know the cost up front.

Yes, I am an old romantic.

cinnamon_girl

We all pay for relationships in one way or another. At least this route to a you know the cost up front.

😯

perthmtb
    Free Member

I lived in Asia for twenty years, and the fat middle aged westerner with attractive young Asian wife is a very common theme. But so what? He gets a doting young and attractive wife, and she gets to escape a life of poverty. There’s been worse reasons for marriage!

In fact, I’d go as far as to say that such a mutually beneficial arrangement is probably a more sensible basis for a long term relationship than a flush of hormones and short term madness that most of us call ‘falling in love’.

mt
    Free Member

a bit like a Jane Austin novel then.

hora
    Free Member

Turn nasty after a baby

Isn’t that what happens normally??

Kryton57

ton – Member
    i did not post it to be insulting…..i was just posting something i had seen/observed.

sorry if it offended anyone (except kryton).

Let it go Ton, you obviously can’t help being offensive to some whilst relying on your defence from others. Its call a cowardly attempt at internet bullying with an associated gang based mentality.

Anyway, back OT whats with the “purchasing” of a bride? Who benefits financially – a company via introduction, the bride or her family? It obvious eases the trial and tribulation of going through the whole dinner/date routine complicated by cultural and language barriers over several years, but surely its still “buying” a woman and quite archaic, with perhaps more than one party “selling” her for financial gain?

devs
    Free Member

Also don’t forget in the old days pre-agency/internet dating the only thing Cyril the 22yr old Lathe turner had to chose from was Mavis or Doris down at the social club.

This is the most racist statement on here thus far. I’m offended on behalf of those who get offended by such things and it should be reported to those who represent the industry that we now have that looks for things to be offended about and tries to legislate against them despite what common sense and culture dictates.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

ha, misterP we do indeed, its a two way street of course but very true.

ton

Let it go Ton, you obviously can’t help being offensive to some whilst relying on your defence from others. Its call a cowardly attempt at internet bullying with an associated gang based mentality.

kryton, if you think i am a. clever enough or b. devious enough, then my friend your are more of a fool than i thought you were originally. 😆

Kryton57

Thats the second time you’ve used the word fool with relation to me, and you’ve called me a tosser.

Can’t you represent yourself without an inflammatory or insulting vocabulary?

Would you like me to report you, or can you talk to me politely?

ton

no mate, and report away if you desire. you imply i am racist i will reply with so called insults.

grum
    Free Member

Can’t you represent yourself without an inflammatory or insulting vocabulary?

Calling someone a racist is pretty insulting and inflammatory. I don’t know if you’re a fool or a tosset but you’re certainly doing a very convincing impression of one.

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Thai bride……know anyone who has?’ is closed to new replies.