• This topic has 103 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • Thai bride……know anyone who has?
  • Kryton57

No where on wiki Grum does it state ” an acceptable slang word for people of Thailand”. Nope, his mate used it as a racial reference and he repeated it.

How exactly did it illuminate you btw?

(Mind you, people are very protective of Ton around here so I guess he’ll get away with it).

bearnecessities

Awww, I was enjoying (bookmarking for reference) this thread 🙁

Spin
    Free Member

and he repeated it.

No, he quoted it, albeit without quotation marks. Context is everything and in this case the context indicates Ton was not being a racist.

Kryton57

There is nothing racist in repeating what someone said in order to get a better understanding of the person. In this instance there would be no obvious abbreviation that Ton could have used, so the example of using the N word is redundant.

Ton’s description gives us the impression that the person in question is not the caring sensitive type if that is how he would refer to his wife and that enables us to build up a better understanding of the character of the person we are talking about.

So you’d be more than accepting for me to use type the N word regarding my black wife, should say, her brother felt uncaring toward her to ensure you got the right impression of him?

You sir, are having a laugh. You are just blurring the lines, becuase YOU don’t find it offensive

grum
    Free Member

http://louisck.wikia.com/wiki/The_N-Word

How exactly did it illuminate you btw?

Ton’s description gives us the impression that the person in question is not the caring sensitive type if that is how he would refer to his wife and that enables us to build up a better understanding of the character of the person we are talking about.

ton

krypton…..you are a complete and utter fool. go away and leave this nice thread alone, 😀

Kryton57

@ Spin. So being grammatically poor vindicates him, well I never…

devs
    Free Member

Two wrongs don’t make a right do they?

Anyone else read this a bit differently? 🙂

Kryton57

ton – Member
    krypton…..you are a complete and utter fool. go away and leave this nice thread alone,

I’d rather be a fool than a racist or promote racism. You carry on mate.

Bye.

Spin
    Free Member

So you’d be more than accepting for me to use type the N word regarding my black wife, should say, her brother felt uncaring toward her to ensure you got the right impression of him?

I’m not even sure what that means.

If you’re recounting an incident with racist content then it is right to quote the actual words said.

ton

😆 @devs

grum
    Free Member

You’re really making a bit of a fool of yourself here. I normally get accused of being PC on here, but FFS man get a grip!

Spin
    Free Member

Anyone else read this a bit differently?

Like this you mean?

Kryton57

ton – Member
    @devs

Care to explain?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

(Mind you, people are very protective of Ton around here so I guess he’ll get away with it).

Correct, so bog off.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Uncle married a Pilipino ……. they got divorced. Went to USA, married a wealthy guy, got divorced. Met another wealthy guy, got divorced.
    Work colleague married a Pilipino. Is now going through divorce. Apparently not very well accepted over there as well.

I think there’s a common denominator up there….

Spin
    Free Member

That’s not what I said at all.

He didn’t use quotation marks which makes it unclear that he was quoting but the context of the sentence makes that clear. Assuming you take the time to read it.

ton

krypton, I thought you had gone.

just to add, the bloke is a bit like me I reckon, uneducated, maybe, a bit thick, yeah I suppose. nothing more.

bearnecessities

There is no argument to be sought here.

More stories of happy (if slightly unorthodox) marriages please.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If you’re recounting an incident with racist content then it is right to quote the actual words said.

This. A quote is a quote, pussy footing around it by altering the phrasing or substituting words takes the meaning out of it and may make it seem less offensive than it might otherwise be. If someone has shown themselves up to have racist opinions by using certain taboo words I’d rather hear or read about it word for word and form my own view about them.

I have no issue with any individual word only the meaning behind there usage.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Some crank ALWAYS has to bring up the bloody race card even when there’s no need. The slightest hint of anything & theyr’e there like maggots on a dead rabbit.
    But now I’ll be the ignorant racist just for mentioning it, no doubt.

loddrik
    Free Member

I was enjoying this thread until it descended into the usual stwness…

ton

thing that me and the wife talked about after, was how bad must someones life be for them to marry a man they do not know, and move away from their home to another country. for money? or for a better life?

Kryton57

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    Some crank

😀

mark90
    Free Member

I have no issue with any individual word only the meaning behind there usage.

This. The words aren’t necessarily racist, but the intent with which they are used can be.

takisawa2

For the second time this week…

PJM1974
    Free Member

How much do these Thai girls have to pay to get in the catalogue?

Am amazed that no-one else finds this thought singularly disturbing.

Or this

More on topic, I was once handed a flyer in London, commutey time, walking between Liverpool St Stn and the gherkin, for “beautiful Eastern European women, untouched by feminism.”

Makes my blood run very cold.

nick1962
    Free Member

Ting tong!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Ting tong!

From Tooting?

wrecker
    Free Member

I know 2 blokes who have done this. Both were perpetually single and hideously ugly (no exaggeration).
    Both still married to Thais and both very happy I believe. It’s not cheap though, they’ve both made sizeable “donations” to their families, and both have bought kids with them.

Northwind

A mate of my brother’s- young feller, he’d be 32, 33- went out to mexico for a while on work, came back with a wife… “How did you guys meet?” “Well, I went to this club that was basically Tesco for mexican brides”. They did a credit check. But it’s actually worked out very well, either that or they’re very good actors but tbh how is that any different from any other couple? She has not left him at the earliest possible opportunity, anyway.

Kryton57 is trying very hard isn’t he…

trevron73
    Free Member

Well can of worms – I finished working in Formula 1(hold on i had a great job)and traveled to Asia to kite surf for 3 months before going to Brazil for 3 months ,so 6 months kite surfing .I went to Japan ,Philippines and Thailand .Whilst in Thailand i went to stay up north with a old flat mate from my London days training to be a chef ,i met a girl -fell in love and married her . She has a university degree and her father is the mayor of the town .Now stereotypes aside (i know and have seen plenty ) When we married my father in law gave me a fish farm (working business) a Brand new Honda Civic,a rice farm and staff and also land for building a house .When i started building the house he matched my £40,000 with £40,000 of his own .
    I am a chef (fairly successful,with a lot of magazine and newspaper work but not got a face for TV ) i was told when we married i can bring my wife to England for 5 years and then we have to return to Thailand when Papa retires so my wife can take over the village duties and his businesses.
    Now i have been to 56 countries for longer than holidays and i fell in love – Not all Asian or Thai girls want to milk money from western men ?BUT if you go to soho in London to look for a girl ?would you marry her?? Not all Thailand is currupt or shallow – yep sure bar girls are basically prostitutes (if you play there you will get burnt ) but come on educated folk of Single track ,lets not tar all Thai’s there are some good ones (it took 10 years of learning the language and visits to find mine .
    Bit of respect mods too me thinks it like saying “my mate married an old bird from Barrow and she stank ?actually hmm “
    Peace out guys and Jai yen yen ?

devs
    Free Member

I have found that generally my awesomeness at rowing, teaching professionals how to mountain bike, winning races, holding the world record for the most KOMs held and being the fittest Para in the world has led to many Thai women throwing themselves at me. Fortunately I’m still so in love with myself that they don’t stand a chance.

bigrich

have you noticed how many pubs now do a thai menu? it’s cos loads of landlords have thai brides. I stayed in a B&B in darkest wales and the guy had a thai bride, and the breakfast was AMAZING.

I say who cares? how different is it to hooking up with someone you met whilst pissed/at work?

fisha
    Free Member

Had 2 different uni pals who each had met a russian girl in their travels. Both got loved up and eventually married, one had a kid as well from it. After the 2 years came along, both got ditched by the girls. Definitie pattern me thinks.

Tiger6791

So in conclusion

Thai brides are great to tie the knot with but Russion brides are not because as soon as the knot is two years old they will rushing to Russia and you’ll be left with not a lot?

Pigface
    Free Member

I know a guy in St Albans who married a Ukranian woman, fit in that hard faced way that some women are. Her eyes are dead and cold, I genuinly fear for his safety sometimes. This is his third marriage as well.

luffy105
    Free Member

Funnily enough, the two year Russian bride resonates a little here too. An ex workmate met a Russian girl whilst on holiday and they married soon after he brought her to the UK. I always wondered what she saw in him as he is a bit of a Wally. Almost two years to the day of her getting her UK residency she upped sticks and left him. Last I heard she is trying to take him to the cleaners for house etc which is unfair as she never worked a day in her married time and he paid for everything. Whole situation has got quite nasty and although he is a muppet he doesn’t deserve what has happened. Poor bugger was head over heels and blind to the bigger picture.

stumpy01

No experience with “Thai brides, but massive LOL at kryton….

😀

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Bloke in his mid 40’s where I worked went down this route

Brought in some pictures of said wife and himself then an older colleague in his 60’s said

You would have thought if he was paying out he could have bought a nice looking one.

Had a point I suppose

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Thai bride……know anyone who has?’ is closed to new replies.