Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tern GSD any experience here?
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

And now for something completely different…
    Has anyone here had any experience with the Tern GSD range at all? Looking for a cargo bike for toddler and shopping duties to be used by me (6’2”) and wife (6’4”). If anyone knows of places that do test rides then that would be good.

siwhite
    Free Member

Where are you? There is a small Ebike shop in Cafaude Lane, Bramley, Hampshire who have one in and will let you demo any of their range…

nealglover
    Free Member

I test rode the GSD (albeit fairly briefly) but ended up buying a Yuba Spocy Curry in the end and I LOVE it.

Not that much help really, sorry 😂👍

TomB

Wow, tall wife!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

siwhite

Subscriber
    Where are you? There is a small Ebike shop in Cafaude Lane, Bramley, Hampshire who have one in and will let you demo any of their range…

That’ll no fit that giant, heids-scraping-the-clouds couple

campgareth
    Free Member

I briefly rode the Tern GSD S10 (whichever one has Shimano deore gearing instead of the enviolo hub) and it was certainly enjoyable. I’m only 6″1′ so can’t comment on whether it’ll fit you two but it’s certainly a good cargo bike. The ride was a little harsh until I reduced pressure in the tyres but then it was fine going over cobbles. When I had both myself and the bike shop guy sat on it it was a bit unstable but that’s 200kg up high on the bike so a far cry from the usual load of shopping in the panniers.

I did my test ride at Manchester Bike Hire but they don’t have a tern GSD permanently in stock to try.

davidr

If you’re in Devon then I think the Bike Shed in Barnstaple may have one. I’m very curious about them too as they look like they meet a lot of my needs.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’ve not ridden one but the promo vid just fills me with joy. I’ve seen a few around in London now and they look *so much fun*. Have no need but still want…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Hadn’t seen the Yuba before – doesn’t look like a good option for tall people – https://humofthecity.com/2016/03/10/we-tried-it-yuba-spicy-curry/

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Thanks all. We’re really swaying towards the Tern. It seems to tick all the boxes. Based in South Wales so no nearby options.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tern GSD any experience here?’ is closed to new replies.