Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tenerife/ Lanzarote winter sun knowledge pls
  • towzer

Hi,

Planning winter sun for next year, after self catering for couple in a quiter/smaller town/village rather than a mainstream holiday place, (want a couple of local bars/restaurant, couple of shops, etc within walking distance, maybe on a bus route), somewhere to use as a base for exploring (and maybe local walking) as we’d have a hire car.

slackboy

Haria in Lanzarote looked very nice when I cycled through it last month. smallish town, bustling market square on a saturday.

Wherever you go I’d *highly* (unless you are veggie/vegan) recommend this place at the bottom of the mirador del rio

Restaurante Volcan de La Corona Asador – Grill

We stayed in Puerto del carmen – which is massive strip resort, but was actually very pleasant in February.

kelron
    Free Member

Lanzarote’s a small island, you can go anywhere with a short drive. My aunt lives in Puerto Calero, which was quiet the last time I was there (a few years ago, it might have grown since), and has a marina with a few bars and restaurants. Puerto del Carmen has a nice seafront but will be busier. I don’t know too much about the inland towns but they’re likely to be less touristy than the south coast.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Fuerteventura also worth considering… We just had a week in Lajares which is a quiet little town. Close to Cotillo for great beach/old town/harbour. Also close to Coralejo if you want shops/tourist stuff. Also not far to East coast beaches. Recommended.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tenerife/ Lanzarote winter sun knowledge pls’ is closed to new replies.