Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Telly: World Drama part 2
  • cinnamon_girl

So … there’s been plenty of new series but what’s been holding your attention?  Whether it’s my short attention span or just becoming plain bored, I’m finding it a mixed bag.

Anyways, new series started this evening on BBC4 entitled “Below the Surface” and set in Copenhagen.  The biggie for me though was that it wasn’t filmed in a standard size which meant that my little telly lost half its depth.  Featured Dicte’s paramour, for those who remember that enjoyable series.  Promising so far, at least I didn’t fall asleep!

DrJ

I enjoyed it. Some old favourite actors – Dicte’s bf as noted, plus the police woman from Modus and a couple of others I recognised.

Not too impressed with the Belgian series Rough Justice on Friday, especially as it replaces Rebecka Martinsson which had excellent scenery of all types.

hammerite
    Free Member

Did anyone watch Maltese? Quite enjoyed that.

cinnamon_girl

Agree with your Dr J re the scenery in Rebecka Martinsson, not sure about its replacement but it’s early days.  The two female cops wearing killer heels was just downright silly.  Watched the first series of Modus which was OK but gave up with the second series as it just wasn’t believable.

cinnamon_girl

BBC4’s Saturday night slot features a new Welsh series called Hidden.  I watched this on i-player earlier in the year though it had subtitles but this is the English language version.

It’s excellent, definitely some gruesomeness, very Scandi noir.  Worth watching.

9.00 pm tonight (Saturday) BBC4.

So, apart from Love Island (seriously??), what have you all been watching?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Not on yet but I will be watching Flowers.

cinnamon_girl

Flowers?  Any more info please?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Black comedy channel 4. That guy from The Mighty Boosh and Rise of the Idiots, oh and Olivia Colman.

DezB
    Free Member

Belgian series 13 Commandments was excellent.

Started Flight HS13 pretty good too. Not got fully into it as the above and Deep State (uk thing a bit like Homeland) were taking my attention.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The Only two episodes of Montallblano and BBC4 has returned to some fantasy #ScandiWelsh grim-off.

Quite why writers have to copy the same old format, script and casting is just plain lazy.

There must be 5 scripts that get passed around the production companies and some frothing ratings chaser says “yeah” let’s copy that, at least the ratings stayed flat…

Angry Woman Detective ✅

Aspirational/Proffesionals 4×4 estate car ✅

Dead body in remote location ✅

Pathologist with undiagnosed personality issues ✅

Handicam photography ✅

Inter-department budgetary conflicts leading to not enough resource to find killer ✅

Boss who appears twice, says three words, frowns a lot, exits stage left wearing a tie undone and top button of shirt open ✅

Shot of moorland landscape that resembles a dogging car park ✅

No-one on the set eats/sleeps/shits or talks nicely to anyone else on set✅

Script leading to no conclusion 40mins into the programme, last 5mins some random emerging “cliffhanger” leading the watcher to press [serieslink] ✅

Last frame shot of clouded landscape at dusk✅

eddiebaby
    Free Member

🙂 I’d love to see you tie that in with a Froome TDF post. No joke 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Telly: World Drama part 2’ is closed to new replies.