Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Telly: non-World Drama content
  • cinnamon_girl

Tonight (Sunday) BBC4 at 10.00 pm Last Days in Vietnam “which is a documentary about the final weeks of the Vietnam war, combining footage from Saigon in April 1975 with recollections of people who were there at the time.”

Sounds essential viewing but at 1 hour 40 minutes long I do hope it will be on i-player.

Friday on Channel 5 at 9.00 pm Walking Britain’s Lost Railways, searching for the remains of the 4,000 miles of Beeching lines.  Sounds good.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I have a lot of fun cycling and walking those railways around Didcot, Newbury and Weymouth. The old station at Upton was up for sale last summer, a very funny shaped house.

wallop

Did anyone see Killing Eve last night? So good! And the whole series is on iPlayer already! 👌

P-Jay
    Free Member

Watched ‘a discovery of witches’ tonight. Seems very good.

DezB
    Free Member

The Vietnam thing is one of the Storyville docs. Been on before and is pretty good. Lots of Storyvilles are worth watching.

Enjoyed Killing Eve. The assassin actress was in a series a while ago on E4 called My Big Fat Secret Diary which was really good too, bit teen drama, but very well written.

The Getty drama Trust is looking good.

I’ve given up on Succession – is it a comedy? a drama? a satire? Doesn’t seem to be able to make up it’s mind. The characters are all so annoying and unrealistic, it was like forcing myself to watch the Apprentice.

DrJ

This autumn I will mostly be watching telly:

Bodyguard

Killing Eve (assassin was also the new wife in Doctor Foster, and of course there is Martin from The Bridge)

Trust

Press

The Cry

The Deuce

Better get a new sofa ….

senorj

Ta.

This reminds me that I must resume the Vietnam series I started to watch on Netflix which was very interesting……The defiant ones & Happy! got in the way. 🙂

franksinatra

Killing Eve has been superb. I have a major thing going for the assassin, she is amazing.

cinnamon_girl

Ah didn’t realise the Vietnam one had been on before.  Where else can I watch the Storyville docs without paying ie Youtube?

Loving The Bodyguard, not seen Trust but will give it a go.  Happy memories of riding through Getty’s estate in the Chilts (Wormsley Park).

Bit quiet telly-wise now that the Vuelta has finished!

DezB
    Free Member

Loving The Bodyguard

That’s the Whitney/Costner film, the series is called ‘Bodyguard’ 😉

cinnamon_girl

Silly me, sorry!

wallop

I couldn’t get into Press – is it worth persisting?

cinnamon_girl

Gave up after the first episode wallop!

wallop

That’s about as far as I got, too.

cinnamon_girl

I do believe we’ve been spoiled with the likes of The Killing and Borgen.  Nothing comes close.

cinnamon_girl

Which reminds me … watched a Storyville doc last night about a man with 7 wives, here in the UK no less.  Won’t say any more except it was a few years old and an update would be most interesting.

IHN

I’ve given up on Succession – is it a comedy? a drama? a satire? Doesn’t seem to be able to make up it’s mind. The characters are all so annoying and unrealistic, it was like forcing myself to watch the Apprentice.

Watched the first one at the weekend, I quite liked it, MrsIHN wasn’t impressed. Might watch another to see how we get on.

Also accumulating on the Sky box:

– Last couple of episodes of Bodyguard

– Trust

– The Deuce

– Strangers

– Killing Eve

And for lighter relief:

– Grand Tours of Scottish Lochs

– Dragon’s Den

– Grand Designs

– University Challenge

– QI

– GBBO

stever
    Free Member

Killing Eve: very enjoyable romp with playfully nutty protagonist. Strangers: considering so much happened last night, it seemed strangely lumbering. Will keep an eye on it.

Crikey: Borgen (2010-2013) – that flew by.

DezB
    Free Member

re -Succession: Watched the first one at the weekend, I quite liked it

I liked it at first, made about ep 4 or 5 before giving up, realised it was just annoying me.

IHN

I can see it has that potential…

slowoldman

Killing Eve looked a bit wooden to me. A bit too US style wisecracking.

cinnamon_girl

Walking Britain’s Lost Railways – enjoyed that!  Anyone else watch?

cinnamon_girl

Anyone watch Walking Britain’s Lost Railways last night, it was about the line between Sheffield and Manchester.  Curious as to the name of the reservoir that the presenter and others were walking beside, checked the map and Woodford Reservoir looked too small.   Also that tunnel with the sound engineer, would be terrified to walk or cycle along there!!  Anyone familiar with the tracks featured?  Fascinating stuff anyway.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Telly: non-World Drama content’ is closed to new replies.