Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Television track world
  • wiggles
    Free Member

After an unfortunate incident my 55″ Samsung TV is no longer with us. It was a curved 4k one about 3 years old. It was very good for picture and sound etc but found the OS a bit clunky and annoying to lock the kids out of the apps so they can’t watch anything they want if they get up before me etc.

I spent over £800 last time and won’t be doing that again. Looking at 500-600 tops.

From reading reviews LG seems to be the preferred option for user friendliness. But I’ve also noticed TCL which appear to be a newish brand of Chinese TVs that appear to be very cheap for what you can get compared to some of the big boys?

Are they good in the way that huawei or oneplus is for phones that are cheaper than the others? Or are they just cheap?

I’m certainly not an expert just want something to looks good and works nicely!

Loughan
    Free Member

Which did something on this recently and they named Hisense as being reasonable performance at A lower price point. Not on par with the big 3. It seems that £700 is around the sweet spot for performance against cost

Edit. bought 55” LG on Black Friday last year & very happy with it except on sunny days but then you should outside anyway (says my dad)

wiggles
    Free Member

I’ve been doing more research today and looks like LG is probably the answer some reviews of the cheaper stuff mentioned getting audio sync issues when not using native 4k content. Already had a TV with audio sync issues and drove me mental so not having that again.

sidders34
    Free Member

We have this Panasonic, at this price of 575 with discount it’s a bargain. Picture quality is excellent.

Always buy Panasonic TVs, still have a 14 year old plasma upstairs going strong.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/324114866084

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Television track world’ is closed to new replies.