Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 535 total)
  • Teachers striking again!!!!!
  • akysurf
    Free Member

That’s an interesting story, but can you blame the teacher for poor learning? You know, studying at home? Doing homework? Being motivated and encouraged by the parents? Do you even know the difference between teaching and learning?

Yes, that’s why we signed the contract. ref my first post!!

donsimon
    Free Member

proffesion

‘profession’. As I said the parents need to take some responsibility for the failure of their children, it’s not always the teacher’s fault. 😉

What is your solution to the problem, akysurf?

akysurf
    Free Member

sticks hand me sir me I know this one me sir please sir MMMMMEEEEE
    PS I think he has my old keyboard

Whooosh, lost you there!

akysurf
    Free Member

‘profession’. As I said the parents need to take some responsibility for the failure of their children, it’s not always the teacher’s fault

Ohhhh, I’m so humbled”

sorry, I meant “Oh”

donsimon
    Free Member

Ohhhh, I’m so humbled”

Excellent, so now we can make a start in the right direction. If I can teach you, then you’ll be able to teach your children. And that was for free because I like helping people. 😉

akysurf
    Free Member

What is your solution to the problem, akysurf?

Send your kids to school.

doooh, the schools shut, the teachers are picketing, doooh I have to have a day away from work, doooh the business suffers, doooh the business fails, doooh the no tax revenue, dooh economy fails, doooh the teachers don’t get their pensions.

…any ideas??

akysurf
    Free Member

you’ll be able to teach your children.

That will be revealed in the SATS results.

However, one thing that was very apparent when I went through the past papers was just how many mistakes there were in the questions, unbelievable!!!!

In fact the so much time was wasted by my daughter trying to resolve the mathematically imposible.

Clink

However, one thing that was very apparent when I went through the past papers was just how many mistakes there were in the questions, unbelievable!!!

True – that the exam boards though. No excuses – of course exams shouldn’t have mistakes. Problem is there are twice as many exams as there used to be; exams in Year 10 as well as 11, re-takes all over the place etc.

System for exams is now far too complicated. Not quite sure who benefits other than the exam boards.

donsimon
    Free Member

…any ideas??

Throwing my question back at me isn’t a good idea, as clearly I asked as I have no idea.
    I am failing to see the link between the teachers’ pensions and the teachers being responsible for the kids not learning. Looks like folks not taking responsibility for their own actions and simply trying to blame someone else for their own failings. My kid is stupid… Blame the teachers. My pension is crap… Blame the person who told me to be a teacher. Wake up and look at all sides. I am a teacher and I completely disagree with the strike, but I do understand it and the consequences and the reasons for it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

akysurf – Member
    sticks hand me sir me I know this one me sir please sir MMMMMEEEEE
    PS I think he has my old keyboard
    Whooosh, lost you there!

It was reply to DS 🙄
    you could have spotted this what with it following his post that had ? at the end.

akysurf
    Free Member

System for exams is now far too complicated

Fair comment. I think education has become too ‘processed’ and centralised.

RichPenny
    Free Member

…any ideas??

Hire a childminder and quit whining?

akysurf
    Free Member

Throwing my question back at me isn’t a good idea

Precisely why I gave you an answer…”Send your kids to school.

akysurf
    Free Member

I am failing to see the link between the teachers’ pensions and the teachers being responsible for the kids not learning

I love for my kids to be given the chance to go to school and learn, ahhhh but when the teachers are no there because they are striking due to pensions…..oh stop – hang on – is there a link there?

akysurf
    Free Member

My kid is stupid… Blame the teachers.

Why not? for example, I don’t speak french. My kids go to shool to learn freanch. my kids fail their exams- my fault??

akysurf
    Free Member

Hire a childminder and quit whining?

Perhaps the first valid comment for a while

Clink

My kids go to shool to learn freanch. my kids fail their exams- my fault??

What is freanch btw? 😆

You are presuming kids want to learn. Some don’t. Granted part of a teachers job is to motivate. However it isn’t always possible. In my experience the biggest barriers to progress in learning are linked to factors at home, out of the schools control.

maxray
    Free Member

Akysurf.. your kids fault I reckon 😉

akysurf
    Free Member

Wake up and look at all sides

Yep, Danny Alexander completely ‘dogs-me-off’ with his arrogance. As with most politicians.

akysurf
    Free Member

What is freanch btw

As I say, spoken/written I admit, useless.

donsimon
    Free Member

Why not? for example, I don’t speak french. My kids go to shool to learn freanch. my kids fail their exams- my fault??

Yes, if they don’t do their homework.
    WOW! My students don’t speak English, d’you know what? When I finish with them, they do! How the **** does that happen?

akysurf
    Free Member

biggest barriers to progress in learning are linked to factors at home,

Yawn

akysurf
    Free Member

Granted part of a teachers job is to motivate. However it isn’t always possible

I agree, but don’t finger the parents.

Junkyard
    Free Member

that was nearly written like Yoda , poor at english am I , and it makes your argument hard to follow tbh
    If your child does not learn French it may not be the teachers fault. Some people are not very good at things and some people are very good at it. Lets call them bright and less bright ?A teacher who teaches the less bright will always get poorer results than someone who teaches the bright. Simply looking at who learns the most freanch [sic] to let you knwo who teaches the best wont really work.
    Ps the majority of intelligence is attributable to inheritance. It may be a bad teacher it may be less bright pupils.

donsimon
    Free Member

biggest barriers to progress in learning are linked to factors at home,

Yawn
    If you’re not prepared to take responsibility for you’re own kids. Why the **** should the teachers?

Fin.

Junkyard
    Free Member

How the **** does that happen?

the OP teaches them in his spare time I mean do they not tell you

As I say, spoken/written I admit, useless.

akysurf
    Free Member

WOW

I’m assuming that’s “ways Of Working”.

How the **** does that happen?

But threat and duress, by the sounds of it? eg. “Feeeecking speak english you little brat”?

donsimon
    Free Member

the OP teaches them in his spare time I mean do they not tell you

Aaah! Right, that’ll explain the piss poor spelling then. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes teachers are to blame and parents and genetics faultless
    Fini aussi

akysurf
    Free Member

If you’re not prepared to take responsibility for you’re own kids

So, close all the schools then. And lets teach them at home!

Prediction: the teachers would probably strike, due to the swathing redundancies

akysurf
    Free Member

Aaah!

?

Picky, is the aaah with three a’s? or one?

donsimon
    Free Member

So, close all the schools then. And lets teach them at home!

Is that really what I said, or have you twisted it to the extreme?
    Calm down, just a little and relax.

akysurf
    Free Member

Calm down

As explained, I do, I do, I do, take regular responsibility. Homework is always done, spelling, reading, math…..we enjoy it, it’s value time.

Just really frustrating to be force to take time off work due to strikes – because “we can” – “we will” attitude.

akysurf
    Free Member

Just really frustrating

And here’s the rub. It’s me as the parent that will have to break the news that the school play is cancelled on the 30th June ’cause the teacher are striking!

The effort that’s gone into learning lines, the practice, the fun, friendships and bonding, as the finale – just before leaving primary for secondary.

Only then to have the bloody rug pulled! and in the end, when all’s said and done! it’s us parents who have to pick up the piece. Whereas, the teacher break for the summer, refine their tans, and start againin Spetember.

donsimon
    Free Member

And as you know I don’t agree with the strike, so having a go at me is misplaced. Having a go at teachers in general because of poor students isn’t on, crap students with good teachers won’t learn without special expensive classes.
    The strike is a result of career teachers wanting to protect their pensions and not vocational teachers who want to do their jobs. The strike in my opinion is a selfish act when we are in the middle of a global financial crisis. Everyone has to sacrifice something with the aim of getting out of the crisis, me, you and the teachers.

akysurf
    Free Member

so having a go at me is misplaced

Apologies, I’m venting

Junkyard
    Free Member

no shit

akysurf
    Free Member

breathin breathout breathin breatout, hold the big ball of contempletion, waxon waxoff…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

😆

Burls72
    Free Member

There are, of course, two sides, the other side of teaching is learning. Can you blame the teachers for poor learning?

I’m 39 when I went through the school system it was going through what I would describe as it’s new age/hippy stage. Very little atention or time was given to spelling and grammer it was all about expressing your self. You weren’t marked down for spelling or grammer and correct me if i’m wrong but isn’t this something the school system has now realised was a big mistake? The 3 r’s are now a lot more important due to the poor core educational skills of the nation. Hard to be good at something your not taught properly isn’t it? Of course it’s not all the teachers fault your only following government guide lines but it’s hardly all my fault is it?

@Don Simon – Fair point I missed that as I did scan through parts of this thread as reading all the pointless bickering does get more than a bit tedious. It doesn’t change the fact that imo there isn’t a lot of public support for this strike. If it was about the shambles the education system is in then I think it would be a different story, but then thats not about taking money out of your pocket is it!

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 535 total)

The topic ‘Teachers striking again!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.