Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • TdF Stage 1: Bilbao – Bilbao (spoilers!)
  • theotherjonv

I reckon Yates has this……

Klunk
    Free Member

Brilliant

martinhutch

Wow!

llama

Did not expect that

crazy-legs

Has that ever happened in the Tour before?!

Klunk
    Free Member

yeah the Schlecks in 2011 though not within sight of each other 😀

dave661350

Apparently so….in 1919

binners

Blimey! I definitely didn’t see that coming! 😳

llama

Didn’t Dan get the message about the dress code?

winston
    Free Member

Good to see Cadel Evans agreeing it had been the first time 2 brothers battled it out for a stage win……despite literally coming in behind two brothers battling it out for a stage win last time it happened

Klunk
    Free Member

Still a bit cagey between Pog and Jonas, not wanting to burn matches or not having the legs ?

Klunk
    Free Member

Good to see Cadel Evans agreeing it had been the first time 2 brothers battled it out for a stage win……despite literally coming in behind two brothers battling it out for a stage win last time it happened

good omen for Pogacar third placed Cadel went on to win that tour.

stevious

The Yates brothers fighting for a win

Klunk
    Free Member

might be first case of twins ?

igm

First brothers 1 & 2 on GC?

ratherbeintobago

two brothers battling it out for a stage win last time it happened

Those training plans must’ve paid off then? 🤔

llama

Jayco’s socials person is not paid enough

grahamt1980

How long is cuddles doing the tdf coverage for?

Superficial
    Free Member

Still a bit cagey between Pog and Jonas, not wanting to burn matches or not having the legs ?

You can’t win the Tour on day 1, but you can lose it, I guess.

fingerbang
    Free Member

What the F with Pete kennaughs boy band haircut and dangly earring? Is it a for a bet on never strays far’ podcast?

Surely Ned and David Millar have been destroying him over that?!

grahamt1980

I dunno, have you seen david millars glasses in the netflix tour thing?  Glass houses and stones and all that

dirtyrider
    Free Member

What the F with Pete kennaughs boy band haircut and dangly earring? Is it a for a bet on never strays far’ podcast?

I mean we’ve had a member of the old peloton transition, just let people be people eh?

didnthurt

David Miller seems to have a history of wearing ‘a little out there’ fashion. He does generally pull it off though IMO.

I didn’t even recognise Peter Kennaugh until his name came up.

Loved the finish today, exciting first stage which isn’t always the case. Makes me want to go to Bilbao and try some Pincho.

I never realised that Simon had won so many more races than his sibling Adam, I thought they were pretty equal. Makes me think that Simon might not had truly contested the finish.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

I never realised that Simon had won so many more races than his sibling Adam

1-0 on doping bans as well

didnthurt

I’m not watching it but he can’t be any worse than that dull monotone Irish bloke who normally appears on Eurosport?!

How dare you talk about Sean Kelly like that. He’s a legend. 🙅 (I don’t think I could listen to him solid for three weeks though).

fingerbang
    Free Member

I take it back, Pete’s new hairstyle suits him and there’s a proud peloton tradition of sparkly earrings, ever since Sean yates

slowoldman

Apparently so….in 1919

Same brothers did it again in 1923. Twice.

Watty

Re Peter Kennaugh. I think he looks great, but I did initially think that Mick Karn has risen from the grave.
    (RIP Mick)

crazy-legs

https://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/tour-de-france-fans-2023

A few pics from Bilbao focusing more on the roadside fans than the racing. Disappointing lack of architecture IMHO…

crazy-legs

https://www.letour.fr/en/stage-1/image-gallery

And the gallery from the letour site

FB-ATB

Where’s Stan Boardman this year?

Bet the commentary team are glad to be back on tour rather than holed up behind the TV studios in Maidstone.

crazy-legs

Where’s Stan Boardman this year?

You mean Chris Boardman? He’s doing Active Travel England stuff at the moment, hopefully he’ll be along soon and they can send the dreadful Cadel Evans back down under.

I like the way that both ITV4 and Eurosport mix up the commentators now, have a sort of rotating team precisely so you’re not listening to the same voice for 5hrs straight.
    Sean Kelly is fine in small doses. Robbie McEwen (Eurosport) is brilliant.

Bunnyhop

We decided to watch the last 30k on ITV4 this morning (recorded) – superb commentating, lots of info from David and Ned. Then we switched to GCN to watch their version, Robbie McEwen was commentating perfectly, then off he goes to help present ‘the breakaway’ and we’re left with Carlton and Sean, we quickly fast forward to ‘The breakaway’. Mmm some interesting outfits ;O)

I absolutely loved the last 20k of this 2023 first stage, brought a tear to the eye.
    Gutted for Richard Carapaz and Enric Mas.

Klunk
    Free Member

though not everyone enjoyed the crowds Cav did 😀

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.