Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 130 total)
  • TdF Grand Depart – Where will you be stood?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Somewhere near Skipton? Gonna ride up the Leeds-Liverpool – is this a good plan? Anyone want to join me and a mate [if he’s free] riding from Bradford. We’ll not be in a great hurry
    Is there an ETA for Skipton?
    Around 12.30 to 1.00 for the riders and Caravane about 10.50

Hoping to do Skipton too along Leeds/Liverpool but setting off from Leeds
    The canal is reserved for people trying to get to work in Skipton, please find another route, thanks. 😉

jfletch
    Free Member

Stage 1 = Biking from a place to dump the car to Otley then Harrogate and then back to the car
    Stage 2 = Le Cote de Bradfield with the family and 40 other people from my village.

Can not wait.

Vortexracing

Stage 1 Buttertubs

Going to ride to it form Caton (Mate lives there)

hora
    Free Member

Huddersfield town centre (well the ringroad). Classy me. 8)

headfirst
    Free Member

Stage 1 Leeds, getting train in early
    Stage 2 Cote de Holme Moss, bien sur mon cherie! Me, my mate +59,998 others, magnifique mes petit pois!!!!!

cat69uk
    Free Member

Heading down this evening, camping at Low Row just west of Reeth, with the family. Pesky rain….

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

If all goes to plan, (it won’t)…

Saturday Harewood area and then at the end Harrogate or near it?

Sunday (depends how Saturday goes)

Holme Moss, if my legs can take me there?

If not, Sheffield, that Jenkin rd climb of doom!!!

Are there places in Sheffield/Leeds to lock up bikes?

I’ll be on my road bike, yellow Coppi, keep em peeled… 😀

hjghg5
    Free Member

Day 1 – tourmaker at Scott hall road fan park

Day 2 – cote d’oxenhope moor

Day 3 – off work but sleeping it off/watching TV rather than heading down south.

eightyeight
    Free Member

I’m in Leeds for the start – no idea where, the general throng probably.

Train across to Harrogate – again, general crowd milling / trying to get on TV.

I also posted because it was stuck on 88 posts 😯

40mpg

Stage 4 – a 4th cat climb near Ypres whilst sipping belgian beer
    Stage 5 – just after the depart as they roll right past our campsite, then a quick ride down to the 2nd last pave 15k from the finish, whilst sipping belgian beer.
    Stage 6 – probably watch the depart from a bar whilst – you guessed it – sipping belgian beer

😀

woody2000

Otley on Sat, bottom of the run down to West Vale, Elland on Sun (probably)

Forecast doesn’t look brilliant for the weekend, which is a shame given the wall to wall sunshine we’ve had recently

cste
    Free Member

Day 1: Riding through Skipton, and following Le route up to Buckden to hopefully get a good spot on Cote de cray.

Day 2: Family up to Haworth nice and early to try and bag a good spot on Penistone hill above Stanbury reservoir.

simmy
    Free Member

Stage 1 – buttertubs

Stage 2 – rochdale end of cragg vale

Stage 3 – Nans funeral that day 🙁 so watching later on TV

theredsnapper
    Free Member

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I understand that the Woodhead/Holmemoss and Glossop roads will be closed to cars from 6am!

They’ve a load of buses ferrying folk in, so it’s that or on ya push irons..;)

Red

cp

Every road the tour touches is closed from 6am at the latest with some very very limited crossing points open.

theredsnapper
    Free Member

Here’s a bit of a leaflet with a decent map at the end….

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/images/Handout%20web%20version_tcm44-246479.pdf

bearnecessities

Anyone know how chaotic Leeds City centre is yet?!

hora
    Free Member

Anyone know the ‘exact’ timings that the Peloton will be passing through certain parts tomorrow?

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyone know how chaotic Leeds City centre is yet?!

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/Pages/millenniumcam.aspx

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Harrogate traffic last night was the lightest I have ever seen it.

We are leaving for ilkley very soon… Could be fun!

allthepies
    Free Member

http://www.letour.com/le-tour/2014/us/stage-2.html

Click on Time schedule tab about half way down page.

hora
    Free Member

Eeeee French Police on motorbikes. That’ll be a sight!

midlifecrashes

Headrow is rammed. 6 to 10 deep on the barriers. You need to head half a mile up the course to get good spot. I’m round the corner on the A61 by Pratt’s furniture shop. Fantastic atmosphere. First wave of caravan has been through, more to come.

MrSmith
    Free Member

How many of those in the central Leeds crowd realise it’s just a slow roll-out and neutralised? I bet some are expecting some mad dash sprint and balls-out racing 😆

bearnecessities

*waves at midlifecrashes*

Further up myself; sun beating down now 😀

mickmcd
    Free Member

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/19345115

tomorrow

already seen 2 RTA’s and a load of mamils binning it on the corner since they resurfaced it, im not sure if folks think this road is closed but flying down it on the wrong side? well you wouldn’t do it on any other mode of transport

its a bit of a melting pot At the mo as everyone is trying to ride the route beforehand and lots of cyclists and cars isnt mixing

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Somewhere north of Skipton, just got a bo11ocking off a gendarmerie.

number18
    Free Member

Everyone keeps saying roads are closed from 0600 tomorrow. This link to Kirklees council website says 0730. Is this link wrong?

Kirklees council road closures le tour

number18
    Free Member

Just spoke to the council. Roads will be closed by 0730, but due to the time it takes to prepare this might be slightly sooner.

hora
    Free Member

Really? Off a French officer?? 🙂

midlifecrashes

Caravan just arriving at Chevin Cycles, Harrogate now. Town centre and fan zones full. Space to see it from 1.5 km out from finish.

midlifecrashes

*waves back from under my new polka dot hat*

Gary_C

Just back home after spectating just along the road at the top of the ‘Col de Cray’/Kidstones. The place was absolutely jam-packed with spectators, but we found a good vantage point at the roadside a bit further along the road from the hordes.

A bloody good day out which included a 41mile mtb ride there & back.

richmars

As I southerner, I have to say ‘Well done Yorkshire’
    On the TV it looked amazing. The crowds, the weather, the scenery, everything.
    Shame about the finish!

ton

spent the morning on the start line in leeds, then supping magic spanner for a few hours watching rollapolluza, then watched the finish on the huge screen in briggate.

awesome day……. 8)

simmy
    Free Member

Buttertubs

Part of Caravan

Jens out on his own

Fantastic day. despite the gradient they were gone in no time, best part was the support vehicles stopping on the hill and the drivers not having a clue how to do a hill start. Entertainment all day long that. The smell of burning clutch was constant 😯

hora
    Free Member

Wow I bet the French watching on tv thought wow les roast beoufs LIKE cycling. Weird.

TiRed

Was sat in front of the projector for the depart, then left to race my own Tour de Fowlmead# E123, before returning for the highlights. Prudhomme will have been delighted with the crowds today. I’m sure he’ll be keen to bring the TdF back to the UK again ASAP.

#Crowds were a little smaller. I believe three is a crowd 😉

tinribz
    Free Member

Did the park and ride to Reeth. Amazing to see hundreds of people all ages and sizes, mtbs, road, trikes & tandoms cycling the last 10 miles / 1000ft over the moors to the route.

Great views and brilliant atmosphere.

Vortexracing

Managed to get up Buttertubs, it was mental !!!

Great day

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘TdF Grand Depart – Where will you be stood?’ is closed to new replies.