Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Taunton eating out
  • dropoff

Any good places for a meal, not extravagant just good quality and nice atmosphere

jam-bo

The Thai on station road.

You won’t forget it in a hurry…

dropoff

For the right or wrong reasons 🙂 ?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Been ages since I worked in Taunton (thank the lord) but I do remember being utterly stumped finding good food…..
    Until I realised that you forget the restaurants and just go to the pubs. Some have amazing food.

Miriam restaurant excepted of course

dropoff

So it looks very much like we shall be heading towards the Culmvalley Inn for tea tonight 🙂

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Culm valley is great now its changed hands. Menu is cheaper and food is better.
    If you’re in Taunton the Holman Clavel is great as just up on Blackdowns.
    Hubbox in Taunton is OK and Ring of Bells has good beer and good food.
    Another edit.. Quantock Brewery has Street food in Friday, plus the pints a super cheap.

jam-bo

Food at the Thai is great.

Owner is batshit mental.

dropoff

Culm Valley was indeed very good.

andylc
    Free Member

Ciao Amore doesn’t look like much but is amazing, they do a lobster dish seasonally which is about the best I’ve ever had (and I love lobster…), Augustus does slightly up yourself cuisine but very well, there is a newish Indian called Guddi and Gikki which does the best Indian food I’ve ever had (but a very small menu), if you want something a bit different The Tropical Hut does traditional Filipino food including a cutlery free banquet served on banana leaves. On station road Anise serves Mediterranean food and the waiter is very fun – food is good too. Also forgot to mention Willow Tree (French), haven’t been for a while though.
    Taunton has great food options for a medium sized town imho, and those are all independent businesses, there are obviously various soulless chains too…

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

thegeneralist

Been ages since I worked in Taunton (thank the lord)

Are you a Vicar??

Northwind

I wouldn’t recommend taunton eating out tbh, it’ll take too long and your mate will freeze before you’re done. It’s way quicker to cut it out with a lightsaber.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Taunton eating out’ is closed to new replies.