Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 603 total)
  • tattoo yes or no ? lol
  • clubber
    Free Member

How do you collect tattoos? Is it like the killer in Silence of the Lambs where you steal peoples' skin? 😯

MrsToast
    Free Member

If you do get a tattoo elaine, don't create a STW thread asking for people to do the design… 😆

Kevevs
    Free Member

Is it always like this on a Monday?

clubber
    Free Member

Monday, summer, bored, raining…

Lurchenstien
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member
    nice but dim ??

Could also be put forward for those with strong views against tattoo's.

TooTall – Member
    Wake up and smell the coffee, princess. Some business is still carried out by people wearing suits with fairly conservative attitudes – especially the older generations. Relaxed and open minded? Stick with the media darlings. Whether you like social norms or not, they exist.

And things change. Tattoo's get a better reception in society now than they did only a few decades ago, and are starting to be seen more in workplaces. It's only a matter of time.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Could also be put forward for those with strong views against tattoo's.

which I don't have, just high standards 🙂

Lurchenstien
    Free Member

Lol, again, a matter of opinion.

IanMunro
    Free Member

why do people who do not want to do something so upset about others doing it? Seriously what harm or business is it of yours if someone has tats

In fairness the OP asked what people thought.
    Whether you agree with other peoples opinions is neither here nor there really.

MrSmith
    Free Member

It's a personal thing

what having a celtic band/chinese symbol just like everyone else?
    what about some barbed wire to symbolise your struggle against conformity?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

a matter of opinion.

of course, and I never suggested otherwise!

ton

my md always wears a long sleeved shirt, even in the hotest weather.
    never seen him in a short sleeved polo shirt like the rest of us wear.
    he is based at the head office in notts, so i see him maybe twice a month.
    last month we all went bowling…………..he had a t shirt on, and two full arm pieces, ending just shy of where a watch sits.
    very nice art work too.

this bloke owns 3 companies………1 of which has four branches nationwide.
    i think tatoos are very acceptable nowadays, in any walk of life.

molgrips
    Free Member

what having a celtic band/chinese symbol just like everyone else?

You're getting crap tramp stamps mixed up with quality body art.

Easy mistake for a brainless square to make 🙂

Shibboleth
    Free Member

ton – Member

ton – Member

I might be missing something blindingly obvious here Ton, but why does he cover them up for work???

ton

mate, i was not arguing the fact, meerly saying……….. 8)

MrSmith
    Free Member

Easy mistake for a brainless square to make

like forgetting your own name? or the name of your wife and children? 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

I love the way people get tattoo's just to be different so they end up looking like the rest of their social group generally.
    I'd want to be judged on something a like my behaviour or life skills than following a blind trend.
    Not for me im afraid, but each to their own.
    Oh and whats the deal with people stretching their earlobes over these ring things?
    That'll look really good when your earlobe loses its elasticity and stretches down to their shoulders.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

They're called flesh tunnels, and no, I dont get it either, but then again, each to their own.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

ton – Member
    mate, i was not arguing the fact, meerly saying….

Not arguing either Ton, but I think that proves my point to a certain extent. I doubt your boss would have been as successful if he'd ben the type to flaunt his tattoos in front of clients and business associates.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Are people going to be offended if I point out that I wouldn't employ anyone stoopid enough to stretch their ear lobes???

ton

Shibboleth

you sound like a right cock………… 8)

nickf
    Free Member

Are people going to be offended if I point out that I wouldn't employ anyone stoopid enough to stretch their ear lobes???

Dunno, they might be quite useful for changing room attendants

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

ton…have you got any?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It's even more notable that he covers them up when you consider he owns the company.

Kevevs
    Free Member

aww, AdamG, are you having a slow day?

ton

dd, what do you think??

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

"I wouldn't employ anyone stoopid enough to stretch their ear lobes???"
    I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but here goes. Your opinion of tattoos / piercings etc, is just that, your opinion, and of course you're entitled to it. It's the fact that you insist on referring to people as 'stupid' for not sharing those opinions that p***es me off.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes. Because if you think you know if someone's stupid by looking at their ears that makes you pretty damn stupid.

It's only a cultural convention. People are allowed to stick small pins in their ears, let their hair grow long, expose a lot of leg (but only if you are a woman) or let hair grow all over your chin. You are apparently NOT allowed to stick big pins in your ears or draw on your arms, and if you do it means you're stupid.

Right, that makes a lot of sense.

I might be missing something blindingly obvious here Ton, but why does he cover them up for work???

You were going on about how stupid people were for getting them in the first place. Presumably he's covering them up whilst at work to avoid the unfounded sneering disdain of idiots like you.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I dunno how the shape of your earlobes or the markings on your skin should stop you from being capable of anything really. I suspect AdamG has some sort of brain piercing though.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

expose a lot of leg (but only if you are a woman)

ahem.

Because if you think you know if someone's stupid by looking at their ears that makes you pretty damn stupid

"apt to jump to inaccurate conclusions" isn't the same as stupid…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

ton…you've got one of the letters "dd" haven't you? 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

lol from Tats to stretched earlobes …next ! :mrgreen:

Shibboleth
    Free Member

barnsleymitch – Member
    I'm not sure why I'm bothering, but here goes. Your opinion of tattoos / piercings etc, is just that, your opinion, and of course you're entitled to it. It's the fact that you insist on referring to people as 'stupid' for not sharing those opinions that p***es me off.

One man's genius is another man's stoopid. Deciding whether or not I think they're stoopid is my opinion, and as you so kindly pointed out, I'm entitled to my opinion.

Personally, I think anyone that would disfigure themselves with hackneyed clipart, or mutilate their own ears is completely stoopid.

As a businessman, I have to make my business appeal to the widest possible sector of society. I would never lose business becasue a staff member is tattooed or disfigured, but I might if a client took a dislike to the way a member of staff looked.

Unfortunately, we live in a world where first impressions count for a lot, and wher society effectively votes with its feet.

And long may it continue. As long as people judge in this way, there will be opportunities for people disciplined enough to play the game.

TooTall
    Free Member

ton – Member

WHOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHH

kimbers

im glad there are still biggots like Shibboleth in the world
    now im even happier i have my tattoo

And long may it continue. As long as people judge in this way, there will be opportunities for people disciplined enough to play the game.

david brent couldnt have said it better!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

As long as people judge in this way, there will be opportunities for people disciplined enough to play the game.

I don't understand what that even means 🙁 Is it about volleyball ?

thepodge
    Free Member

thort

why not spend the money on some spelling lessons?

as for tattoos turning business away, totally depends on what business you are on about. I have a lot of friends who have tattoos on show and it makes not one jot of difference. personally I'd prefer not to deal with people who have these prejudices but that's not always possible.

I am however looking to get my tattoo removed. it was a bad idea when I was 17 but I'd happily get another now that i'm (slightly) more mature

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

why not spend the money on some spelling lessons?

is there anywhere they make you pay for spelling lessons ?

personally I'd prefer not to deal with people who have these prejudices but that's not always possible

how do you identify a tattoo discriminator ?

I am however looking to get my tattoo removed

I hope you're boycotting yourself ?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Ah I see who Elaine is now, tattoos and stuff.

Shibboleth -yes but you work in professional environment where people would not be seen with a tattoo.

If you were a manager of a warehouse or Garage then you wouldn't care.
    And ppl from STW are from Upper class-probably not… middle class to no class so you can't expect to say tatoos are 5hit as you will offend others but you do have a point just be careful how it comes across like my 5hitty posts.

Tattoos? not for me but you lot go ahead and make sure its not on the knuckles…

CountZero

I would never lose business becasue a staff member is tattooed or disfigured, but I might if a client took a dislike to the way a member of staff looked behaved.

There, fixed that for you.

TheDoog
    Free Member

Personally, I think anyone that would disfigure themselves with hackneyed clipart, or mutilate their own ears is completely stoopid.

So, if i'm following this thread correctly….
    If someone works for, oh i dont know lets say BAE or even a bike manufacturer and has tattoos then technically they are too stupid to do their jobs?? And we should not fly on a plane or ride a bike again since some tattooed buffoon has been involved and doomed us all.

Its ok not to like tattoos, no problem with that at all. But to call someone stupid for having them is snobbish, judgemental and narrow minded. Poor you.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 603 total)

The topic ‘tattoo yes or no ? lol’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM