Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 603 total)
  • tattoo yes or no ? lol
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

am i too old for a tattoo…lol
    ive been wanting a ghecko/lizard type tattoo for ages now and yesterday i got a lizard henna tattoo on my arm…just to see how it looked.. i realy like the idea,,….
    im middle age (44) and my daughter says im too old ! she has 2 tattoos.
    but ive wanted a a tattoo for about 2 years now and still thinking…oh to hell with it…its my body (lol) … why shud i worry too much about what anyone else thinks…. went into the tattoo shop today and the bloke in there said just try not to be nervous….and if you've been through childbirth then having a 'tattoo' is nowt like having a child ! hahahhah
    he mentioned to put numbing cream on b4 the Tat. does this cream work.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Women with tats = chavvy. Fact.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Personally, I'm not a fan but if your daughter thinks you're too old at 44, what does she plan to do about hers when she hits that age?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah. Look at it this way…. you've got less time to regret yours than your daughter has?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Just DONT get a cat!

Onzadog
    Free Member

There's a woman at work who's only 26 who is researching how to have hers removed from her arm. Another in her early thirties openly admits that she wishes she'd not had it done.

Still, this is STW. Give it a moment and you'll get just as many replies telling you how much people like theirs or how hot someone this tattoos are on women.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

And women with tattooed arms are always the ones that end up fighting at weddings. Fact.

RustySpanner

If you do go for it, get someone else to check the spelling. 😀

This place in Littleborough, Border Rose, has a good reputation.

Kevevs
    Free Member

the fact that you need to ask other peoples approval means you haven't really thought it through. If you want to, just do it! the truth is, nobody else really cares! I certainly don't think it's anything special. It's nothing special orfashionable or good or cool or young or new or anything.

Some people have genuine stories behind their tats though, and I like that.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Have you ever met anyone that bitterly regretted not getting a tattoo? Ever met anyone who feels they may have had their career advancement hindered by not having tattoos?

No. And I think 44 is too old to be using 'LOL'. Is that you mum?

Keva
    Free Member

A little bit of pain would be the least of my worries. I'd be more concerned about what it will look like in twenty years and will I still want it there… I'm 41 and never had one. I've kind of figured if I was going to have one I'd have done it by now.

Shibboleth, are blokes with tatoos chavvy too ?

Kev

speaker2animals

Don't be a numpty. Why do you want one? To look like everyone else? I wanted one in the mid 90's. I am SO glad I didn't now. Still it does seem to be the only growth industry in the UK, pity it's not work we could export.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

My Wifes 40 and she`s thinking of having a tattoo also , something discreet , butterfly maybe , on her shoulder or between her shoulders , i told her to get one on the bottom of her back , but she calls them Tramp Stamps when their there !
    i say go for it ..
    trying to persuade her to get her nipple pierced at the same time 😀

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Kev, yes. Fact.

elaineanne
    Free Member

eh too old to write lol ? i thort it was the norm to write lol these days… TBH i only look half my age ! really i do….
    i dont do fighting either, even at weddings !
    why do people automatically think you must from 'council estate origin' or be a 'rough un' if a woman gets a tatto ? lol im very much the opposite 😉 lol lol lol not like tattoo is gona be massive- maximum lenght of 3 inches….

BoardinBob

Women with tats = chavvy.

Wrong

Women with tats = Up for all manner of depraved acts

MrSparkle

Go for it. But get it spell checked first love, eh.

soobalias
    Free Member

if you want to, just do it.
    tattoos only hurt if they are in particularly sensitive areas

my missus had one on her arm removed a few years back, laser treatment, it was very expensive, very painful and the areas of red ink so stubborn that many more treatments would have been required to shift it totally. This isnt something to change your mind about.
    The design and the placement are the most important things IMO.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

women with tats ar OFF my shopping list!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

elaine anne – I think you should go for it, why the hell not?

Tats aren't just for chavs, they can also be a form of art. But only if you have them as an individual form of expression. Get something unique, don't just go and get the standard black lizard, get something more personalised or find a really good place that can do amazing colouring on the standard lizard pattern.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

my opinion, age doesn't matter, they're still shite!

saw a bloke a couple of years ago who was clearly displaying some 30 odd years old tattoos. the quality was top notch, perfect artwork, no fade, all the lines were still sharp…. he had bruce lee on one shoulder blade and clint eastwood in spaghetti western character on the other…. nice. 😉

speaker2animals

tatoo – I'm a right on rootin tootin individual. If yu only want a small one why bother? Cos everyone else has one.

I just don't see the attraction.

Toss a coin, it will always tell you what you really want. If you don't like the outcome you will know what you really want.

redthunder
    Free Member

No.

It's always a shame to see person disfigure themselves voluntary.

Kevevs
    Free Member

it's funny cos

"why do people automatically think you must from 'council estate origin' or be a 'rough un' if a woman gets a tatto ?"

I know plenty of people and women with tats, and that description is pretty much the polar opposite of them.

it's just in your head.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

now you got me started here's another gem…. a few years ago i worked with this guy, he was the most boring, wash his car on sunday, slipper wearing, soap watching bloke you could ever meet, if he stayed up until 1130 he thought he was on the edge… one day he comes to work with a celtic band tattood on his arm … says it all! 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

one day he comes to work with a celtic band tattood on his arm

That's because he's an individual, just like every other individual with the same bloody individual naffness…..

Kevevs
    Free Member

oi! I'm a **** individual, and so is my dog.

Everyone is an individual with their own personal wierdness. I dunno how getting a tattoo makes you MORE individual.

cinnamon_girl

elaine anne: you may want to have a read of this:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tattoo-how-painful

I didn't in the end. And there's no way I would allow a needle near my nipples either. 😯

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

That's because he's an individual, just like every other individual with the same bloody individual naffness…..

So tattoo's are the 'outside worlds' version of single speeds then.. . . .

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

trying to persuade her to get her nipple pierced at the same time

I've been told that can take more than 6 MONTHS to heal 🙁

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

If you really want one do it.

Just not on your face eh?

philsimm
    Free Member

each to their own and that but my god tattoos on women look flippin awful, too many Mrs Biffa Bacon's out there if you ask me

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

why is it women with tattoos get sooo much stick ????

simple. We don't care if blokes look gopping :o)

Kevevs
    Free Member

not in my experience elaine. I think you are getting worked up over nothing, Just get the tat, or don't. It's no big deal.

It just sound like you are trying to be rebellious now you can, when it is safe, and you are older. forget it. Get a nicer sofa or sommat useful.

khani
    Free Member

I know someone with " made in mancester" across their shoulders
    I will never have a tatoo, ever!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It just sound like you are trying to be rebellious now you can

is that what it is ? Perhaps if you're a teenager…

donsimon
    Free Member

Do you really care what people who judge you on your appearance rather than you personality think?

Go for it, 44 pah! I'm looking at getting another one at 44.

Choose it well and love it. The pain is quite a nice pain too.

elaineanne
    Free Member

who said get a sofa ? lol i cant buy a sofa for the price ive been quoted for my Tat ? hahahaha …. and no i dont really need anything else for my bike… im not into handbags or shoes much…. geeez decisions decisions… majority of you are saying no !
    well to hell with it….im saying YES ! or am i ? golly geez… :mrgreen:

ton

ladies of a certain age with tattoos across a shapley lower back are very very horny……..imvho………….. 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 603 total)

The topic ‘tattoo yes or no ? lol’ is closed to new replies.