Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 603 total)
  • tattoo yes or no ? lol
  • 0091paddy
    Free Member

Mate of mine is a lifeguard, told me about a guy getting out of the pool with a LONSDALE tattoo on his back.

mboy
    Free Member

Oh, and the "council estate trash" argument is total crap.

I know people with 6 figure salaries that have got tattoos…

The difference is that the chavs and the council estate scum got their mate to do em their GF's name in a heart with an arrow through it with a darning needle and a bottle of quink, and the classier people get proper custom designs done by a reputable artist and pay good money for it.

I often judge the caliber of a new pub I go into by checking the quality of the tattoos on display… Good quality designs and you're in a good place, scratched on with a compass and mispelt and you know it's time to leave!

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

0091paddy – Member
    Mate of mine is a lifeguard, told me about a guy getting out of the pool with a LONSDALE tattoo on his back.

Might have been a neo-nazi/white power thing…

l-o-NSDA-l-e

or National Sozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei.

Lonsdale clothing was inexplicably popular in Germany for quite a while before people realised that when worn under a jacket a Lonsdale jacket would only reveal letters 3-6.

Then again he may just have been a nob. I've seen a few people with the Nike 'swoosh' logo over the years.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The difference is that the chavs and the council estate scum got their mate to do em their GF's name in a heart with an arrow through it with a darning needle and a bottle of quink, and the classier people get proper custom designs done by a reputable artist and pay good money for it.

I think my sympathy lies with the "chavs" :o)

Good quality designs and you're in a good place

ah, so surface appearance is all ?

johnners
    Free Member

I often judge the caliber of a new pub I go into by checking the quality of the tattoos on display

Oh dearie me.

donsimon
    Free Member
    mboy
    Free Member

ah, so surface appearance is all ?

No, I didn't say that…

Oh dearie me.

It's a bit of a long standing joke I have with a couple of my mates, but i bet if you were to go into 20 different pubs tomorrow, 10 in "rough" areas and 10 in posh areas, and spot the quality of the tattoos, you'll see that on the whole the more "well to do" will have better quality ink on their skin (if at all)… It's only like stating that on the whole the people in a more well to do area are more likely to drive more expensive cars, it's a product of circumstance!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It's only like stating that on the whole the people in a more well to do area are more likely to drive more expensive cars

oh you mean "actually I have nothing to say" ?

chutney13
    Free Member

I have a lizard tattoo and i don't regret it, but…I'm always trying to work out a way of incorporating it into a larger piece of work and if i had the choice again i would have gone for a far more complex from the off. If you are getting a tattoo for aesthetics, have a look at it on a piece of paper, if it looks like something that you'd want to keep in print form, then you're half way there. unless of course lizards have a personal significance, tell a story etc.
    having said that, i've always liked swallows in the crook of finger and thumb.

mboy
    Free Member

oh you mean "actually I have nothing to say" ?

Did you actually read what I said, or are you just trying to provoke a reaction? :-s

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Did you actually read what I said

yes I did and reached that conclusion… was I supposed to think the car analogy somehow rescued its superficiality ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I often judge the caliber of a new pub I go into by checking the quality of the tattoos on display

SiB
    Free Member

I'm glad my gran didnt have one, my kids are glad their gran hasn't got one (so am I) but its not mine or the kids choice. I've got one but glad its in a place hidden from public view, no regrets.

No help from this post really, sorry!

SiB
    Free Member

I reckon wendy lewis has a tat or two.

diggers
    Free Member

represents kind of what was going on in my head and life around the time i had it done. Rarely display them in public though

Buy a diary, much cheaper and doesn't look crap in years to come.

BluePalomino
    Free Member

yesterday i got a lizard henna tattoo on my arm…just to see how it looked

thread useless without photos 🙄

TheDoog
    Free Member

Buy a diary, much cheaper and doesn't look crap in years to come.

Luckily the years have come and they are still looking good, no doubt they will deteriorate given enough time but i certainly wont care. Tried keeping a diary but i'm just not efficient enough to do entries with any regularity. Oo-er missus.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

OK I haven't read this entire thread but my mum is a similar age to you. She has 3 tattos – a sun on her wrist, a rose at the top of her arm and a smiley face at the top of her back.
    She isn't a chav and I think they look quite good.

If you think hard about what you want I'm sure it'll be fine (its the content / the volume of them that I think makes them loo kbad on some people).

If you're just getting one, and you're thinking of something lizardy, I think it'd probably look quite good 🙂

I think I'll probably get one at some point…it just might take me a few years to work out what!

brant
    Free Member

anyone else recomend the guy in Littleborough

my wife has a half sleeve done by him, and another cover up lotus flower done by him too. he's good.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Tattoos are good for keeping narrow minded people at arm's length. Obviously if they get closer than that you can punch them and confirm their prejudices. Everyone's a winner 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

hi brant : is there a long waiting time for appointments (the 'guy in littleborough'.., some people have to book well in advance for Tats depending where you go…
    yep i have my own story/meaning for my 'lizard tat' …not just for the sake of having it,,,,…it just something that relates to me and i think its kinda cool to have stories behind Tats something that 'meaningfull'. 😉

mooman
    Free Member

Women with tatoos …. urghh! they are real tramp stamps!

Todays tatoos soon look outdated … fashions come and go. The tatoo stays forever.

Just watch an episode of LA ink … do you really want to be associated with those odd-bods on there?

I feel sorry for the young kids getting tatoos done to copy their idols … sadly they will be unable to get them removed when they realize their choice wasnt so clever..

elaineanne
    Free Member

i luv that LA ink programme…they are soooo talented 😉

brant
    Free Member

is there a long waiting time for appointments (the 'guy in littleborough'

yes. about 3-6 months I think.

Lurchenstien
    Free Member

I can't say not to get a tattoo, as I have more than a few. You're not too old to have a tattoo, my mum is 46 and had a tattoo the other day, a mate of mine is 52 and still getting tattoo's. At the end of the day it's your choice, so go for it if you want a tattoo, but make sure it's something you like or has some meaning to you.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Most decent/well known tattooists will have a waiting list. In the short term, why not go in and talk to them about your design etc and see what you think. I had a look at the room that I'd be getting mine done in, and both the tattooist and receptionist chatted over my design at my first appointment, agreed costs and dates. You can also see if your design 'fits' the part of your body you want it on – mine is on my inner arm, but due to the design and way my arm is, you can see a bit of it when my arm is flat against my body, and from the other side.

I can see why they are addictive, and I bet you will want another one too 🙂

voodoo_chile

get one ….full sleeve and half sleeve here ,go for it ,when you are older will you really care !

CountZero

Go for it, I was over fifty before I got my first one, designed by me. All mine (7) have a personal significance, are not just picked out of a flash book, and it was quite some years before I came up with designs that I was happy with. Ignore the narrow minded on here, particularly SfB, his opinions are only of any importance to him; this is the online equivalence of his speaking loudly just to hear the sound of his own voice.
    The only person who matters is you, and getting a design that you, and you alone are happy with is the only important thing. It might be worth looking at Native America, Mayan, Aztec and Inca designs, and Aboriginal Australian as well for some inspiration.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

. Ignore the narrow minded on here, particularly SfB, his opinions are only of any importance to him;

surely the same applies to everyone else too ? That's what opinions ARE :o)

and how can it be narrow minded not to like tattoos ? Most of them look deeply awful to me, and the whole idea is too passive for my liking. Am I not supposed to say in case I hurt someone's feelings when they profess not to give a damn ?

elaineanne
    Free Member

"most of them look awfull to you" (simon).. but look good or even great to others ! everyone sees things in a different perspective….
    i will of course take plenty of 'time' into my design/colour and placement…after all it is permanent… and i want it right !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh crap. I agree with Barnes. 🙁

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but look good or even great to others !

obviously, but I only have my own opinions :o)

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I don't see age has anything to do with it. Besides, who would stop a man of the same age from having one cos he was 'too old'?

I would have thought it more fun to have henna ones or temp ones though as you can change them and move them around and you are not stuck with them forever.

Bottom line though is do what makes you happy, not what pleases other people or your daughter.

Kuco

Get one elaine anne but make sure you want it. Don't worry what anyone else thinks as they are a personal thing.

iDave
    Free Member

the only thing i'd want tattoo'd is so ingrained in my mind that i don't see why having it inked would make it more significant to me? just means that people ask what it represents and then seems a bit self obsessed explaining my life's philosophy.

is it a way of trying to convince yourself and the world about what you stand for as you're not quite convincing or convinced enough by your actions? eg having someone's name?

donsimon
    Free Member

you can change them and move them around and you are not stuck with them forever.

I really don't understand the question of making a decision and standing by that decision for the rest of your life, I can only assume that the tattoo haters are not married.
    Likewise the comments about how awful the tats will look when you're old and wrinkly, again I trust that if you are married your partner knows that you will find them less attractive when they are old and wrinkly.

Tattoos have become more mainstream and acceptable. Ex-Prime Ministers have them, the current PM's wife has one, there are chavs that have them, I also assume there are undesirables in society who don't.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Prejudice aside, unless you're damn sure you really really want one, don't!

BoardinBob

F*ck yes

BigDummy
    Free Member

I had mine done, what, couple of month's ago now, after much deliberation and a thread on here. Novelty has worn off, and because it's on the back of my calf I see it less than other people do, and no-one sees it unless I'm in shorts or less. It's difficult to imagine hating it or finding it particularly embarrassing, and on the occasions I'm reminded of it it just makes me smile. 🙂

I'm 32. You can call me a chav if you want, but as I own my own morning suit and read New Statesman you may be stretching a point just a little. 🙂

TheDoog
    Free Member

is it a way of trying to convince yourself and the world about what you stand for as you're not quite convincing or convinced enough by your actions? eg having someone's name?

Tattoos are something you either get or dont, I suppose its a bit like trying to expain to non cyclists why you love it so much. You know, the people who can't get their heads round why you'd even consider cycling further than the corner shop. It's horses for courses really. Personally i dont understand why someone would want to get a loved ones name tattooed in a different language on them but thats their choice not mine, in the same way they wouldn't understand some of mine and i certainly wouldn't feel the need to explain them to anyone. I've no doubt some folk get tattoos to achieve a certain look, and i'm thinking footballers here, and that to me sort of misses the point of tattoos. Well it misses what i percieve as my point of tattoos anyway.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 603 total)

The topic ‘tattoo yes or no ? lol’ is closed to new replies.