Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 603 total)
  • tattoo yes or no ? lol
  • jon1973
    Free Member

…at work my right arm will be on show…in the summer then most of my right leg

you must struggle when shopping for clothes.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

so it'd be difficult finding anywhere to put a tattoo on you

also difficult to hold me down while it was done…

Woody
    Free Member

SFB

Are you hinting that you may have several piercings, or a Prince Albert of the non 26" variety ?

Definitely no pics please !

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Are you hinting that you may have several piercings

er, no! Which bit of what I said hinted at that ? I only have scars from multiple crashes.

Woody
    Free Member

but in fact many non tattooed people are different in ways not necessarily visible at first glance

Obviously not you though Simon, well apart from the macho 'war wounds' of course 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member

…at work my right arm will be on show…in the summer then most of my right leg

you must struggle when shopping for clothes.

not really – t-shirts, shorts, normal summer wear IMO ? screw wearing trousers and a long-sleeve shirt in the summer!

elaineanne
    Free Member

shibboleth ? wot a wierd name any way ? why have that name ? wot do you mean 'a lizard-for christ sakes wake up' ? i will have wotever tattoo i want ? its my body i shall decide !!!! does anyone tell you to get a better bike ?
    geez, lighten up is it monday -christ it is… have a brew .
    at the end of the day its my decision…at least i havent got my tongue peirced !

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

hora – Member

(Remember folks, this is Hora saying this)

He was obviously struggling to form an interesting personality so decided to portray an image.

Why spend money going to comedy shows, when you can get Hora for free??

I'd never date someone with tats, although I've slept with enough to have formed strong opinions on the subject.

Oh dear. Was it a bit traumatic for you, all those years spent down the docks servicing seamen? 😉

I would certainly never employ anyone with visible tattoos. It's a judgement issue – if they're stupid enough to deface themselves, they're not sensible enough to work for me.

But what if they had, like, really really good photocopying skills Adam?

hora
    Free Member

I'd never date someone with tats, although I've slept with enough to have formed strong opinions on the subject.

Who said that? I WOULD! 😆

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I have never understood the need for tatoos.. I am not against them as each to there own – but what do you get out of them?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Obviously not you though Simon

yes, you're right, I'm identical to everyone.

well apart from the macho 'war wounds' of course

more evidence of incompetance really :o)

wot do you mean 'a lizard-for christ sakes wake up' ?

he probably means LOTS of peope have lizards

at the end of the day its my decision

and the reponses on here give you a reasonable idea of what reactions to one would be 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

not really – t-shirts, shorts, normal summer wear IMO ? screw wearing trousers and a long-sleeve shirt in the summer!

That joke was clearly funniner in my head then. I just had a vision of you walking around with just you right arm and right leg on show. Never mind, I'll get my coat.

yunki
    Free Member

My answer to the original question would be … don't bother

Maybe you could do it for the experience of feeling the sensation of being tattooed.. but it's an experience that it would do no harm to live without IMO..

Or perhaps you could get some major work done that may possibly announce an allegiance to a group of like minded inviduals.. a heavily tattooed person certainly gives the impression that they may harbour certain views about society..

But a small insignificant tattoo that you don't really want anyone to see.. could simply signify an inibility to buck a fashion trend..

EDIT: IMO
    ADDITIONAL EDIT: is there any merit to theories about acupuncture type effects of being tattooed in certain areas of the body..? think chakra and chi re-alignment.. just a thought

Woody
    Free Member

I don't have any because I've never seen a design, or felt strongly enough about something to want a permanent reminder on my body.

I also don't really have strong opinions on others with them, other than to say some people seem to carry them off very well and it fits their personality/lifestyle/general appearance. On others they look completely crap and chavvy/ex-con/fashion victim etc.

I think if you really want one it is your decision and if you have to ask for opinions before making your mind up then it may be worth delaying for a while until you are +ve that it is what you want. Age should have no bearing on it either.

Lurchenstien
    Free Member

and the reponses on here give you a reasonable idea of what reactions to one would be.

Not too sure on that actually, in regards to my tattoo's / body mods, not one stranger has come up to me and voiced a negative opinion, yeah I get the odd person looking down their nose, but so what, that's obviously not the kind of person I want to know. I find that people don't like to confront things they don't like in person unless they are pushed into it.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Not too sure on that actually

I meant what they'd be thinking, not what they'd say – people are more circumspect in person

MrSmith
    Free Member

a heavily tattooed person certainly gives the impression that they may harbour certain views about society

your (valid) opinion. i think the opposite, often they like to project an image that they harbour certain views about society but usually they are everyday taxpaying members of society with boring jobs, kids, loan payments on a middle class saloon car and 2 weeks in thailand experiencing 'culture' every year. they think a tattoo makes them different from everyone else. except it doesn't, they are just like everyone else with a tattoo.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Free world – Free choice

Personally they are a total turn off, and I don't anticipate that improving with age…… (yours or mine)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If this thread was about race or religion, it would have been shut down by now

What a load of blinkered, insulting, mis-informed bull****

Just the usual supects opening their big gobs before putting their prejudiced brains into gear.

Hows about, when you have nothing worthwhile to say, you SHUT THE FEK UP for once?

No. Thought not.

yunki
    Free Member

but usually they are everyday taxpaying members of society

fair point.. I've just last night gotten home from a particularly crusty music festival and have forgotten to remove the rose tinted glasses..

MrSmith
    Free Member

i'm going to get a tattoo now.

"i have the right to voice my opinion. just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong.
    healthy discourse is good for the mind"

i just need to decide on a typeface. either old english or that mexican gangster script that will make me look all edgy like a real gangster.

Lurchenstien
    Free Member

I meant what they'd be thinking, not what they'd say – people are more circumspect in person

That is true.

That said, I'd ignore any negative comments on here and get a tattoo regardless, the only people likely to voice their opinions to you whether you like it or not are family, because they think they can get away with it. The only people who whinge at my mum for continuing to get tattoo's are my sisters.

farmer-giles
    Free Member

i have "don't forget to ring mum" tattooed on my hand because i got bored of constantly writing it on there.
    i also have "welcome to Jamaca, have a nice day" tattooed on my willy to remind me of a nice holiday i had there.
    8)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

What a load of blinkered, insulting, mis-informed bull****

how can an opinion be bullshit? it's about the person holding it. It isn't meant to be objective.

Hows about, when you have nothing worthwhile to say, you SHUT THE FEK UP for once?

but how would we know if what we have to say will or will not be worthwhile to the great peepee ?

MrSmith
    Free Member

i think maybe PP has a tattoo? (posibly one of a cartoon sheep or something equally attractive like a singlespeed cog)
    and thinks that a dislike of such crass and unoriginal personal decoration is a personal attack on his sensibilities.

well that's how i see it. (it's just an opinion though)

molgrips
    Free Member

It's a judgement issue – if they're stupid enough to deface themselves, they're not sensible enough to work for me.

If you're the kind of boss who'd dismiss someone and ignore any talent they may have just because of how they look, then I'm bloody glad I don't work for you!

What a tw*t! I thought the world had moved on since the 50s, but I guess not 🙁

PS I don't have any tats. However, what I can't understand is why people think all tats are one thing or the other. You might as well say all paintings are watercolours of flowers and look naff.

There are of course nice tats and crap tats. Like anything else.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i think maybe PP has a tattoo?

yeah, that was my guess too!

is a personal attack on his sensibilities.

please don't pretend PP can be sensible

clubber
    Free Member

Funnily enough, PP is one of the people I was talking about in my reply – eg someone who tattoos (and he has several IIRC) actually look right on even though in general I think they look a bit crap/etc. I was wondering when he'd poke his head up 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

im suprised this thread has gone on this long ! thort there wud be 0ne or two pages… but ya know what its like on ere- voices lead to argumentative bull sh-t… 😉
    majority are saying NO ! …. well that settles that then (Tattoo im ready for you ! 😉 :mrgreen:

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

so you were looking for confirmation of your rebelliousness ?

philconsequence
    Free Member

us pretty people can pull off tattoos, i suspect those without and those complaining about.. are all ugly and know deep down they'd just get looked down on with even more disgust 😉 😆

i know i wouldn't hire an ugly person, if their not sensible enough to be gorgeous then their not sensible enough to work for me.

i also can say for a fact that anyone without tattoos has obviously never done anything important enough or worthwile enough in their life to want to remember…

😆

its just skin, if you're honestly judgemental enough to make assumptions about someone because they've chosen to decorate theirs then chances are you suck and are a virgin

:D:D:D

TooTall
    Free Member
    simonfbarnes
    Free Member

if you're honestly judgemental enough to make assumptions

you can dislike rubbish tattoos without forming an opinion of the person they're on

bikemonkey
    Free Member

how can an opinion be bullshit? it's about the person holding it. It isn't meant to be objective.

That it is that person's opinion is true and can't be bullshit, however, their opinion on something may be misguided or wrong.

eg, it is correct that in my opinion , "Sunday 22nd August 2010 never happened". It is, however, manifestly wrong.

nickf
    Free Member

OP: Actually, majority are saying "do what you like" but equally, given the prejudices around, probably have it somewhere it can be hidden (or be prepared to meet those prejudices head-on).

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

their opinion on something may be misguided or wrong

in your opinion…

"Sunday 22nd August 2010 never happened". It is, however, manifestly wrong.

and do many of your friends have opinions about the existence of dates ?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Figs are ok, but dates, no, not for me thankyou, far too elaborate.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

in your opinion…

No, not in my opinion. An opinion on an empirical fact or tautology can be wrong. If my opinion is "A thing is different to itself" then I am wrong, although:

– it is correct to say this is my opinion
    – I am 'entitled' to have this opinion
    – there is no objective 3rd party that declares the truth or fallacy of such claims so no-one can say with complete authority that "x is wrong" (but carrying on with false opinions can be dangerous or misguided (admittedly, it could also be beneficial).

And hey, what happened or didn't happen yesterday is my business ;o)

molgrips
    Free Member

Bikemonkey, you're being clever, therefore you must not have a tattoo, right?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

An opinion on an empirical fact or tautology can be wrong

oh OK, and are tattoos empirically right or wrong ?

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 603 total)

The topic ‘tattoo yes or no ? lol’ is closed to new replies.