Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Tan walled road tyres
  • mrchrispy

I need some tan wall tyres in my life, its a hole yearning to be filled.
    Usually a continental guy that but gp5000 special editions are like rocking horse shit.

Any recommendations for alternatives (clinchers 28mm)

Dyffers
    Free Member

Panaracer GravelKing 26mm used since April on road exclusively, not as fast as GP5000s but not bad, pretty light but only one puncture in 1k+ miles, and yes I bought them instead of Contis entirely because I wanted a tan wall road tyre.

bjhedley

Vitoria Corsas, awesome tyres and look the mutts. Unless you want tubeless, then annoyingly they only do them in black. Think Schwalbe do a tan pro-one too, but probably as rare as the Conti’s.

w00dster

Bontrager R4 Classic for me, 28mm. Review of them here…. https://road.cc/content/review/252442-bontrager-r4-classics-hard-case-lite-road-tyre
    I’m not a fan of the GP5000, and I know punctures /nicks are down to luck, I just went through my GP5000 too quickly.
    I’m a huge fan of tan wall, but just need to bear in mind that at this time of year they can very quickly start to look a bit dirty after just one or two rides.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Challenge Open Tubs. Not the toughest but oh so lovely to ride!

bigdog
    Free Member

Hi
    Tubless fan here recommend Schwalbe pro one tan walls tle..I run 28 mm on direct mount callipers just. Come up about 29 mm 70 psi front 80 psi rear. Fast grippy and get 3000 out of rear front still going strong.

John

Milese
    Free Member

Pure handmade italian lovelyness, the new Veloflex’s, buy straight from Veloflex for shipping in 2 days from italy.

(I dont actually have them, but have got their new tubulars)

MoreCashThanDash

Been surprised how good the stock Durano Ones on my Scott have been. The GravelKings make great winter road tyres though.

tomski
    Free Member

I’m using Michelin Dynamic classics in 28c size and they are great and are really cheap, about £13.
    I think I paid only £!0 when I bought mine.
    They replaced gp5000’s for the winter months and I cannot fault them. I do tend to do a bit of light gravel and very very light off roading on them but I love them, they look very cool and for a cheap tyre they are amazing.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

The Jack brown (Panaracer) currently at planetx are worth a look for non tubeless. Otherwise yup another fan of Vittoria Corsa and the Corsa control.

sandboy

I love my Sworks turbo cotton tyres, the smoothest and fastest tyres I’ve ever ridden. Had Vit corsa’s before but my latest ones failed after a few hundred miles, the rubber tread came away from the carcass.

plus-one

Veloflex master is the daddy of non tubeless. Run them with latex inner tubes 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sworks turbo cotton

Oooh, yes. They’re good. See also the Hell of the North version.

sandboy

I think the 28mm version is the Hell of the North?

mlpinto
    Free Member

Another vote for Vittoria Corsas here. I’ve been using a set of 28mm tan walls for over 3000 miles and I think have had one puncture in that time.
    I’ve got 38mm Panaracer GravelKings (not the plus version) on my gravel bike and have lots of punctures on those – mainly on the road.
    Both look great though!

ransos
    Free Member

Tubless fan here recommend Schwalbe pro one tan walls tle.

I didn’t think the Pro One tubeless was available in tan wall? I have the regular One tan walls on my bike – they’re pretty good but not as fast rolling as Hutchinson Fusion 5 performance: sadly, those aren’t available in tan wall.

bigdog
    Free Member

Mantle on line.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Tan walled road tyres’ is closed to new replies.