Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Syncros components
  • messiah
    Free Member

I feel strangely drawn to the new syncros range of components.

I know they are owned by Ritchey and available through STIF, but I've not seen much in the way of reviews?

http://www.syncros.com/

Having had Syncros stem, bars and seatpost on my Rocky Mountain Blizzard in 1992 I'm quite tempted to try the new versions on my 2010 project.

Any expeience good or bad out there?

Note – I still have the 1992 Syncros stem from my Blizzard on my SS Kona Explosif – still lovin it 8)

DezB
    Free Member

I had a Syncros headset – best made headset I've seen.
    Have Syncros FR bars, and they are great.

chakaping
    Free Member

Syncros finishing kit specced on my new Lapierre. Looks serviceable but nothing remarkable about it.

Also got the Gain carbon bar on another bike though, and that is lovely.

Forgive me if not interested, but I have a new black FR stem to offload like on this page. Will sell for way less than RRP.

vrapan
    Free Member

Still after the black 2010 FL Stem from Syncros, nobody stocks it so far

bigyinn
    Free Member

I had a twin bolt seatpost when they were still 'core (and rather expensive!) Still got it and it still isn't bent. Unlike the utter cheese X Lite one that i had that bent TWICE, binned it for a cheapo kalloy one which lasted longer.
    They were THE seatpost to have until Thompson came along (got one of them too)

mr_mills
    Free Member

I've just ordered one of the AM Carbon bars. 710mm wide and 195g!

Sven

I broke 2 of the old-style Syncros seatposts, but they were the best looking seatposts ever made. Still riding around with my 140mm Syncros stem 1" quill!!!
    Newer stuff seems okay but maybe not quite as special as it used to be.

peachos
    Free Member

got syncros wheels on my norco & they're decent enought – have only trued them up once or twice in two years. the freehub is a bit pants & seems to last not much more than 6 months and has to be ordered through ritchy in switzerland, but that's not a major problem. not the best support – i.e. it took me ages to actually find out which freehub i needed to order in the first place!

westkipper
    Free Member

I've still got a classic Syncros aheadstem in old-school 150mm polished 🙂

69er
    Free Member

The old stuff is the business.

The new stuff is just not the same quality. It's ok, but they've just bought the brand and are getting the bits made more cheaply than before.

The original polished stems and 7075 were the mutts nutts. Absolutely stunning quality.

messiah
    Free Member

It's the new stuff I'm on about… I know all about the old stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Syncros components’ is closed to new replies.