Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)
  • Suspected child abduction – Machynlleth.
  • deluded
    Free Member

Placed on both forums.

Five year old female believed to have been abducted in a light coloured van yesterday (Monday 1st October 2012) evening around 7:30 PM.

Any riders up there that might have witnessed something?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19795761

carbon337
    Free Member

Put this to the top again

duntstick
    Free Member

ski
    Free Member

bump

gwaelod
    Free Member

bump

Pook

mods – sticky?

variflex
    Free Member

Skynews is reporting that local police are asking for as many volunteers to help search area on foot, car and bike etc.

officialtob
    Free Member

bump..

lipseal
    Free Member

As a father of a five year old girl it makes my blood boil! I really hope she turns up safe and sound.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Its nice to see a local community coming together like they are, shame its over such awful circumstances hope they find April safe and well.

neninja
    Free Member

What a nightmare. Hope she turns up quickly.

Whilst on the village green outside the pub during the Summer, our kids were playing with some of their friends. I noticed a car had pulled up and the driver was calling to them through the window. As soon as I approached he drove off, reg. was passed on to the old bill. I’m definitely in the cut their bits off camp.

grahamt1980

Weather is **** awful too up this way. Hope they find her soon.
    Will see if they need help tomorrow still. Am hoping they have found her by then

DaveRambo

On radio 5 this morning I heard a private investigator being interviewed about it.

When he was fed the line about this being a very rare occurrence – no doubt fed it to stop parental panic – he jumped in saying it certainly happens as kids play outside and are vulnerable, its waiting to happen etc

Just what people want to hear – and I’m sure it’s not a common occurrence in the way he was suggesting.
    Not often I shout at idiots on the radio.

Fingers crossed – can’t imagine what the family are going through.

Aristotle
    Free Member

As a parent, hearing about a child going missing like this is awful (before having children it would have had less impact).

Thankfully, it is a fairly rare occurrence given the size of the population, although such incidents have always taken place. The usual comment is that it is no more prevalent now than in the past.

I really hope that she’s found safe and well.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Thoughts to the parents of the missing girl who must be be in a dreadful state. Hope they find and return her safe soon.

shem
    Free Member

Thanks for reposting this, local mountain bikers, motor bikers and rally drivers have used local knowledge to get out in the forest and check everywhere out, please do share on your facebook, twitters, other forums etc

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

Hope this doesn’t turn out as badly as everyone fears and the little’un will turn up in good health and in one piece.

*hopes*

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

bump

mega
    Free Member

this is really playing on my mind – I hope and pray the little girl is found safe and well soon

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

this is really playing on my mind

+1

kimbers

littlegirlbunny – Member

Hope this doesn’t turn out as badly as everyone fears and the little’un will turn up in good health and in one piece.

+about 60 million i reckon

kimbers

someone has been arrested, i really hope this has a good outcome

takisawa2

God only knows what her parents are going through. Hope/pray this has a good outcome for the little one.

davidjones15
    Free Member

BBC Breaking News ?@BBCBreaking

Police arrest 46-year-old man in connection with missing 5-year-old girl #AprilJones, from Machynlleth in Wales. LIVE http://bbc.in/Sl9zZ2
    From Twitter.

davidjones15
    Free Member

And

BBC Breaking News ?@BBCBreaking

Search continues for missing 5-yr-old #AprilJones from Machynlleth, Wales – police close road out of town. More soon http://bbc.in/SlaLeZ

woody2000

police close road out of town

I’m imagining the worst outcome sadly 🙁

alfabus
    Free Member

they are saying she is still missing

Speaking at a news conference in Aberystwyth, Det Supt Reg Bevan said: “Within the last hour we have arrested a 46-year-old man from the Machynlleth area who has been detained at Aberystwyth Police Station.

“We made the arrest just outside Machynlleth and we’re hopeful that the individual will assist in locating April who is still missing.”

“We’re still pursuing all lines of inquiry with the view that April is still alive and will continue to do so until we find her.”

jonjones262
    Free Member
    littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

*waits in desperate hope that this is going to not end terribly*

wrecker
    Free Member

Have they found the van? Nothing in the news.
    grrrr, come on, come on

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

They have found the van that belongs to the detainee who was arrested on foot…according to the (questionable source?) the Mirror

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-missing-man-arrested-1356246

project
    Free Member

on sky news now, road closed etc, van found, helicopter shots.

vorlich
    Free Member

**** 24 hr news 👿

Do we really need chopper shots of the van? FFS.

willber
    Free Member

I would imagine much more is known about this incident than what is being released to the press…..another awful story. My thoughts go out

motozulu
    Free Member

FFS – this is **** heart rending.

MarkN
    Free Member

Every thing crossed for some good news soon….

kane10255
    Free Member

Sad, i’m a retired prison officer and have dealt with these scumbags, sadly they think they have done nothing wrong and this is the norm for them, hope there is good news soon.

project
    Free Member

sky news reporting, that the chap arrested has kids and that theyre freinds with the child who has gone missing.

So very sad for all the families involved

moniex
    Free Member

Very sad, fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Did get me thinking though…. My 9 year old often walks to school without me, picking up his friend on the way. My 11 year old takes the bus to the other side of Norwich city centre to get to school. However, when playing out together last night I told them to be back by 6.30 as it was getting dark then. Call me paranoid, but there is no way my kids would have been outside in the evening in the dark without an adult at age 5.

Doesn’t help the little girl now though. Can’t imagine what the family must be going through…. Any parents worst nightmare!

neninja
    Free Member

Got everything crossed but I really can’t see a happy ending here. 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘Suspected child abduction – Machynlleth.’ is closed to new replies.