Superstar vs DT Swiss wheelset (or maybe something else)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Superstar vs DT Swiss wheelset (or maybe something else)
  • Premier Icon spawnofyorkshire
    Subscriber

Wanting to treat myself to a new wheelset and have about £200 to play with

Been looking at two 26″ sets;

1. Superstar Tactic on Switch Ultralite @£199
    2. DT Swiss Spline E1900 @£190 odd from Germany

Any other suggestions for the £200 mark? Looking for tubeless and easy hub maintenance because they’ll be ridden in all sorts of sh!ty weather

I bought some 29er Superstar wheels about 15 months ago. I’ve been really pleased with them: I’m about 100Kg and they’re a light set at about 1650g and have been very robust.

I converted mine to tubeless (my first attempt to go tubeless) and using their valves and tubeless rim tape it was really easy – not the trial I was expecting (I used Specialized tyres and Stans sealant and did them each in about 10 minutes using a track pump).

The only problem I’ve had is the freewheel snapping, (about a month ago) which they replaced without a problem for free (two year warranty) with an updated model (4 pawls instead of 3 and more meat around the pawl area).

For me they were a real bargain.

Premier Icon spawnofyorkshire
    Subscriber

thanks moggy 🙂
    Which rim / hub combo have you got?

Anyone got experience of the DT wheels in comparison?

Premier Icon spawnofyorkshire
    Subscriber

bugger it i’ve just ordered the Tactic rim on Switch ultralite combo with a 10mm thru-axle.

lets see how that gets on

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Superstar vs DT Swiss wheelset (or maybe something else)’ is closed to new replies.