• This topic has 89 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by _tom_.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Suns out! So…. anyone not planning on spending the evening…
  • binners

A) riding their bike?

then

B) sitting outside the pub?

If not….. why not?

wwaswas

Me!

Kidney infection means repeated, painful visits to the loo with the threat of a camera being shoved up my, errm, pipe if it doesn’t clear up.

*sigh*

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Grotbags is going to Zumba, innit. i’m making tea. :/

jekkyl

I am out on 2 wheels this evening and I am very much looking forward to it. The weather forecast said 18/19°C but my car thermometer was saying 23°C just, happy happy days. Welcome to summer.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Heading off to parents evening followed by decorating!

Did do 23 glorious miles last night though 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Rode 20 miles in today, knackered, will be riding 20 miles back to the hotel at something like 10pm, then order room service, watch Family Guy and American dad, struggle to sleep with my injured leg then be tired tomorrow.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Nice long beach ride, with a mid ride pub stop for me 😆

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Me. 15 mile ride home from work will do me for today. I will be out tomorrow evening though.

nickdavies

Will out on the bike by 6 until it gets dark. 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

😉

johndoh
    Free Member

Making homemade pizza, consuming homemade pizza then prepping two new bikes ready to be gift-wrapped for my little girls’ 6th birthdays on Monday 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

Weds night was 21.5 miles mtb night, made it to Leith Hill to watch the sun set….followed by 2.5 pints of Ringwood.

Tonight is golf night followed by a few pints of London Pride. 8)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Mrs Blobby is out so will be picking up the kids, getting them to bed, then getting on the turbo for a couple of hours of intervals 😐

nbt

Out birdwatching tonight up on Ludworth moor. Am riding there from work though to meet Mrs NBT (who’s currrently off the bike due to illness).

perchypanther
    Free Member

A) riding their bike?

Tried that last night. Broke 2 ribs and discovered supernatural tendencies in youngest child. Giving it a miss tonight to be honest.

Klunk
    Free Member

shortish road ride with the mrs, chance of pub visit high 🙂

dknwhy

Already been out. Did 33 miles on the cross bike and stopped for an ice cream.

jools182
    Free Member

Me

Feeling too ropey for a bike ride

As for pub, see above, plus not enough cash to drink there

I might treat myself and eat dinner in the garden 🙂

toby1

I drove in today for the first day in ages, so no ride home for me, planning to spark up the BBQ and it’d be rude not to have a beer to go with it!

I’ll save my riding till tomorrow when the rain looks to be biblical, bloody fairweather cyclists!

scc999

Me. Enforced break from riding to try and clear up a case of tennis elbow that refuses to do the right thing and sod off!

Temptation to “just nip out for a bit” is pretty strong tbh!

Si

brooess
    Free Member

Friend’s leaving do cancelled so I’m off for c20 miles on the road bike shortly 🙂

everyone
    Free Member

Legs were feeling heavy last night and I’m racing tomorrow so I’ll have the night off. I’ve got some fettling to do anyway.

Will probably spend the rest of the evening working out how long it’ll take me to buy shiny things for my Ritchey (it’ll be a long time; I like really shiny things!)

woody2000

I’ll be taking the extended route home, but won’t be out later. I’m going to sit out in the garden with the Mrs and have a couple of beers though 🙂

ahsat

Me – first ever PhD student currently in his viva! If he comes out ok, think we both will need a drink (that and I know both his examiners quite well!).

bigyinn
    Free Member

Bike in pieces being slowly rebuilt.
    Also got house purchase documents to read over carefully, before considering what to do about the seller deciding to drop a bit of a bombshell about delaying completion!

40mpg

Nice long beach ride, with a mid ride pub stop for me

Fixed that for us! See you in a bit CIS 😀

tinybits
    Free Member

Rode last night for the first time in 2 years (knackered back). Legs tired today so I’ll mostly be swimming in an outdoor pool, hopefully amongst bikini clad ladies (more likely to be fat old men like me!) then a couple of shandies before home.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Just been out on the bike, waiting for the wife to get home and then the pub.

Today is a glorious day.

slowjo
    Free Member

35 miles or so off road last night. Was planning on a short roadie this evening but too much work to do and a funeral tomorrow (wife’s uncle). Mrs S has been volunteered to do the readings and needs a bit of support this evening cos she isn’t looking forward to it.

Saturday and Sunday though, gloves are off! :o)

matttromans
    Free Member

Can’t wait to get out on my new CdF 10, followed by a bit of fetteling in the garden with a beer. Happy happy times indeed!

hjghg5
    Free Member

Club time trial later 🙂

servo
    Free Member

Riding a Surrey League Handicap road race as it’s only 5 miles from work.
    Meeting the MTB club at pub afterwards 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m going to crack out a 50 miler I think. When the wind has dropped for the first time in what feels like forever it seems silly not to get out there.

_tom_
    Free Member

I’m not doing either as I’ve been riding at Aston Hill today and it was awesome 🙂 beers in the fridge so I’ll give the pub a miss til tomorrow afternoon!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

No riding tonight for me, just got back after an all-day ride in the Surrey Hills though 8)

No pub tonight either as it’s an early start tomorrow as I’m back at work. Maybe a cheeky bbq instead though!

garage-dweller

Studying for professional exams – 3 hours tonight once children in bed and dinner eaten 🙁

Might ride the long way to work in the morning (25 miles) then train home later if I can get out of bed early enough!

mogrim

Me, but it’s a holiday in Madrid today so I spent all morning running/hiking with mates in the mountains.

I’ll be sitting in the garden with a beer later, though 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Done 25 today already but will be popping out for an evenind 15 later, just round the CLumps and up to the Ridgeway when the commuters vanish from the roads.

kcal

slow ride this morning (highlight was being overtaken by old man on a step through bike with panniers as he breezed past).

Rain started after 1pm and it’s still only 13oC 🙁

brassneck

Nah, I’ll be in the pub for the quiz. Have a title to defend see.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Suns out! So…. anyone not planning on spending the evening…’ is closed to new replies.