Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sun ringle Xmb Ryde rear hub repair HELP!!!
  • jdwafc
    Free Member

Can anyone describe how to take apart the rear hub on one of these.
    I know there’s a known problem with these, and after a lot of Google searching there are people who have managed to disassemble these, but I can’t find a description of how to do this.
    I’ve got as far as removing disc side nut, knocking axle through to drive side abit (only 2/3cm then it stops)
    And I’m stuck there, No idea how to remove axle and bearings so I can clean/regrease properly.
    I’d like to fix this as I don’t really have the cash to replace, and the rim is decent, just the hub has a little play and needs aservice.
    Cheers

jdwafc
    Free Member

Bump

scrank32

I’ve just had exactly the same problem with the XMBs on my Cube Stereo. Contacted Cube dealers where I got the bike, and they informed me that the wheels have to go back to the suppliers (Hotlines) who won’t provide the hub sprocket tool required to access the bearings – not even to a Cube dealer. £10 a hub, and the wheels will be away for a week to 10 days.

jdwafc
    Free Member

Cheers scrank32 ,
    mine aren’t under warranty, plus I’d sooner do the job myself, I know it’s possible, I just need a little advice on disassembly.

jdwafc
    Free Member

Anyone else any idea’s

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sun ringle Xmb Ryde rear hub repair HELP!!!’ is closed to new replies.