Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sun Ringle Freehub
  • silasgreenback

I need a freehub for my sun ringle hubs but its like finding hens teeth.

If push comes to shove I’ll rebuild it myself. I know its “ not recommended” but I’ve done hope freehubs with no bother and TBH, 2 bearings and a piece of plastic in between is not exactly rocket science. BUT, i’d rather not faff about.

Anyone know if its possible to get one – google has failed me miserably and seems Sun are a ghost.

And does anyone know of compatibles? I’ve seen this on amazon and its identical. But looks and reality are a different thing! Only difference i can see is the sun one is steel.

I’d also guess that lime a lot of brands its a rebranded novatec or chosen or such like so maybe a different brand could get it up and running again?

DT Swiss 3-Pawl Freehub body aluminium Shimano MTB https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M1M7JHF/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_i_Z3YXKZT0S1A7QMYTF0EV

BoardinBob

It’s a rebranded Novatec. From memory I think it’s a D462. They were the original hubs on my bike and the freehub failed. Like you I had a nightmare finding anything out about Sun specifically but eventually learned it was a rebadged Novatec

silasgreenback

Fantastic thanks. Tis the FB version so not exactly spoolt for choice if i had to replace the wheel!

That’ll definitely help me narrow it down.

weeksy

650b? I’ve got a wheel here you can have potentially?

silasgreenback

Thanks for the offer but recon I should be sorted.

It is 650b. The bikes currently running Fatsno’s on 29×2.6 to make it more of an all round but i’m just about to sell it with the mulefuts as second set of wheels. Which makes it even more annoying

Dont really want to spend a lot & LBS recon they can replace the bearings easily. Despite what most manufacturers say. 2 bearings, the shell, a big c clip and a sleeve of aluminium.

When you strip it down, you dont get a lot for your money!

silasgreenback

Went the easy route and swapped bearing in the freehub. 5minutes of a job to knock the old ones out and press new ones in.

All smooth and silky again!

Shame to be selling the bike but better that than stuck on a rack.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sun Ringle Freehub’ is closed to new replies.