Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 484 total)
  • Summer rugby thread
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

I meant a competitive Aussie team TeeJ.

15 players the same in the 22 for both games IIRC.

anagallis_arvensis

Dear Mr Gatland/Howley,

Could we have:

1/2p
    Cuthbert
    Davies
    Beck
    North
    Hook
    Phillips
    Ryan
    Tipuric
    Lydiate
    Evans
    AW Jones
    Adam
    Owens
    Gethin

thanks
    x

anagallis_arvensis

Teej you need to keep perspective Scotland beat a weak aussie team who had only met each other an hour before kick off and the games was played in a monsoon. Then scotland beat what looked to be a very inexperienced Fiji team. If Samoa put out a strong team your lot will struggle. The poorness of the aussies has been highlighted by being pushed all the way by an underperforming and incompetant wales team coupled with a homer ref.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

TeeJ, when you’ve found your sense of humour, let us know.

Pigface
    Free Member

Gutted for the loss in the last seconds. Who gave the penalty away or was it a homer call?

Was driving to Gatwick to collect Mrs Piggy.

Don’t think the AB’s have been pushed that hard in a while bravo Ireland.

Heard most of the bawled commentary by that idiot Ian Robertson on the england game, sounds like they were awful in the first half, better in the second then the boks put their foot down again and got the win.

anagallis_arvensis

Didnt see who, if any welsman, dropped the maul. Most rage inducing moment was in the second half when Pocock held BDavies down after the tackle and the ref duly pinged him for not rolling away. As Barnes lined up the kick you could clearly hear the ref telling Pocock he had to allow the welsh to roll away! Fuckinh kiwi ****. That and him pinging Gethin for dropping the scrum, which i suppose he did if you ignore the fact the aussie tighthead was lay on the floor…..

anagallis_arvensis

From gwlad gold, best rant ever imo:

ian c**ting robertson_________________________________________…or robinson or whetever the ****’s **** name is. what a useless biased useless **** **** of a ‘commentator’ that **** is.

Just been listening to the 5 live preview of the HEC, starts promisingly name checks the french as the strong sides – obvious, but needs to be said. then starts comparing ‘the 2 competitions’

‘2 comps’ i think to myself as i drive?

the HEC and Guinness premiership of course answers the fuckmuppet jock. Plenty of namechecks for the english sides, then wanders off into the celtic league for a bit, struggles to remember which countries play in it, gets some details wrong, mentions the welsh as not being contenders to get past the pool stages, not even a mention of the current strength of the Ospreys (no agenda, I am a turk).

then rounds up by saying it’ll be the french and english sides doing the business, just like the 6 n where ‘it’s usually a France/England 1 and 2’. Except when the **** finish 4th like the last couple of years you useless tweedy kilted monkey felcher.

quick **** over martin corry and then the **** is done. I’ve even met the pseudo tartanned quim wipe and he seemed like a decent chap but i was obviously a lot more pissed than i thought.

**** usleess stupid biased englandrugby loving ****. the ****

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

AA is pretty much spot on there. Terrible refereeing.

However, we simply weren’t good enough to put it away. All it needed was four minutes or so of ball up the jumper Munsteritis, and it was won. We didn’t do that.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis

We should have murderated them despite the ref, a lineout would help. Villege idiots the lot of them.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

TeeJ, when you’ve found your sense of humour, let us know.

Sorry DD – people keep saying that ( Aus B) and meaning it – its hard to see nuance from a bit of text

See AAs post above.

BruceWee

Anyone get up to watch the Scotland game live? I did and it was worth it for the commentary alone.

Apparently Laidlaw now plays for Glasgow Warriors. I thought we were fairly well covered with Jackson and Weir but maybe we’re going to use him as a SH.

Also, Richie Gray has changed his name to Al Kellock and has left Glasgow Warriors to play for Glasgow Rangers.

Scamper
    Free Member

AA – The welsh penalty was against “16 red” according to the papers.

anagallis_arvensis

Sorry DD – people keep saying that ( Aus B) and meaning it – its hard to see nuance from a bit of text

See AAs post above

OK how about australia A?
    You need to accept it wasnt their strongest team.

16 red, was that Hibbard or Girafferis. I only saw it once but it looked like it all just fell over to me.

In other ews Woodward giving people advice on the Lions job is just plain funny
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18460396

Scamper
    Free Member

Think it was Hibbard – the ref has to pick out someone i suppose. I also picked out it was 16 which gave away the penalty seconds earlier in the aussie 22. Quite rightly tagged onto Priestland’s aimless kick, Warbuton/Ryan Jones were less than impressed in post match comments.

toys19
    Free Member

You need to accept it wasnt their strongest team.

I’m sorry you all need to accept this is not relevant. If Wales beat France to win the 6N and we all accepted that France had fielded a side which was not their strongest would Wales suddenly not have won the 6N? No. This talk of best teams etc is bollocks. You could pick apart any winning or losing team and make a case that some of the players could have been replaced by others that you think are better. So what, the coach chose who he chose to represent his country, they did not win when wearing their countries colours.

Scotland won. Glory is theirs. End of.

(It pains me to say this as in all likelyhood Scotland will come home from the summer tour with the feathers and England will probably sulk off in the corner. Wales could yet do something. But this type of chatter is just not Rugby and you are all bringing shame on the game. Give honour where it is due.)

anagallis_arvensis

Well your entitled to your opinion but it has no bearing on Wales what Scotland did. Aussie were under strength and poorly prepared and the game was played in a monsoon so I dont think Scotland should be thinking they have suddenly become a good team.

BruceWee

Scotland have lost a lot of games they should have won over the last two years. There comes a point where the only thing that matters is the scoreboard.

Scotland haven’t suddenly become a good team. What is happening is that they are finally starting to get the results they have been threatening to get for a long time. I hope that’s what’s happening anyway.

wrecker
    Free Member

What is happening is that they are finally starting to get the results they have been threatening to get for a long time.

I’m guessing you’re a “glass is half full” kind of person?

BruceWee

Actually, I’m trying to wind in my enthusiasm a bit. Samoa at home in 35deg+ is not my idea of fun.

toys19
    Free Member

I dont think Scotland should be thinking they have suddenly become a good team.

They won’t win any games if they think they are crap. Confidence is everything. It’s a good job their coach is Andy Robinson and not AA. Imagine the conversation.
    ” Don’t go thinking you are any good, you could only beat the Aussies 2nd team, don’t bother trying to build on this, you haven’t suddenly become a good team.”

A team are only as good as the last thing they did, which for them was beating Australia. 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

A team are only as good as the last thing they did, which for them was beating Australia.

Fiji.

toys19
    Free Member

Ooh yes forgot about that, two international wins in a row.

Kryton57

Youngs and Robshaw on the plane back home, btw.

anagallis_arvensis

Your quite right Toys, Robinson is doing such a good job.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis – Member

Well your entitled to your opinion but it has no bearing on Wales what Scotland did. Aussie were under strength and poorly prepared and the game was played in a monsoon so I dont think Scotland should be thinking they have suddenly become a good team.

It has a huge bearing. Scotland shackled Pocock, Wales did not, Scotland denied Genia and Barnes time and space on the ball, Wales did not. these are not A team players these are the best they had available, the spine of the team and the same players that played against Wales

Scotland have the making of a good team and in some area have better players than Wales. they ain’t the finished article yet by any means.

Pigface
    Free Member

TJ you played in a game where the weather made it a complete lottery, you won and the evidence is that Scotchland is the best Northern Hemisphere team currently. Now settle down and live in the real world 😉

transapp
    Free Member

The thing is TJ, I think we (as in other nations) all want Scotland to be a good side again, competition in the Northern Hemisphere and therefor six nations is a great thing. It’s just that one win over Australia, although great, is not enough to make us believe that Scotland are really on the rise. I hope they are though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The next lions team will be Scotland plus Gethin Jenkins and Jonathan Davies, Sexton, North, Ashton as subs plus a couple of props.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Transapp – I agree really – hence

Scotland have the making of a good team and in some areas have better players than Wales. they ain’t the finished article yet by any means.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Keep going TeeJ, don’t pay any attention to them. It’s comedy gold.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

DD – Aye – I only said Gethin would get in to keep AA happy 🙂 We didn’t even have our hero playing – a true rugby giant YOu know the one – him with teh pie company sponsership and someone elses shorts

wrecker
    Free Member

The Scotland trophy cabinet is testament to that.
    Brasso not required, only large stocks of cuprinol 😆

bruk

What a load of bickering. Sounds like a football thread.

Scotland had a great defensive performance against Australia and narrowly won, we beat a Fijian team and introduced a player in McVisser who looks like he can finish. This is great news for a Scotland fan. We don’t think we are going to win the next world cup but we hope we can build on this and win some 6N games next year.

Ireland got thumped by the All Blacks but then play much better in the 2nd game and Wales go close with the Aussies. Both sides have some psoitives to take away. England seemed less cohesive against SA and maybe have stagnated in attack.

This doesn’t have to be a love in but seems people are more interested in doing other sides down. If you ain’t got anything nice to say keep yer gob shut. We should be happy we are competing with the supposedly superior southern hemisphere sides, a few years ago we would all have been hammered.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bruk – just a couple of one eyed welshmen 🙂 the rest of us are having good craic

anagallis_arvensis

The next lions team will be Scotland plus Gethin Jenkins and Jonathan Davies, Sexton, North, Ashton as subs plus a couple of props.

Only one foward on the bench? Two wingers? You are clearly crazy!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

wankybump

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

bumpywank

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Unions a boring, out of date, winter sport played by toffs.

Watch League, it has moved with the times, but hasn’t got the government and public schools monies to promote it.

But at least it’s good to watch.

duckman

jonnytheleyther – Member
    Unions a boring, out of date, winter sport played by toffs.

Watch League, it has moved with the times, but hasn’t got the government and public schools monies to promote it.

But at least it’s good to watch.

Posted 1 minute ago #

Certainly your bigger clubs have moved with the times, some of them are doing a good impression of Glasgow Rangers for example.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 484 total)

The topic ‘Summer rugby thread’ is closed to new replies.