Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 484 total)
  • Summer rugby thread
  • wrecker
    Free Member

League isn’t good to watch. It has more in common with American football than proper rugby. Shite game.

Pigface
    Free Member

TJ are you really accusing anyone of being one eyed GUFFAW 😆 😆

Run and wriggle is ok but is one dimensional so appeals to the hard of thinking.

anagallis_arvensis

Unions a boring, out of date, winter sport played by toffs.

and lots of ex groundshaggers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

sport played by toffs.

Ahem….Are you calling moi a toff?

BruceWee

Unions a boring, out of date, winter sport played by toffs

The above is a boring out of date opinion held by people with a chip on their shoulder.

whytetrash

Unions a boring, out of date, winter sport played by toffs

Go to any Rugby club in any village in Wales and find a Toff…. may take you a while… and you’ll need to park the whippets up outside 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Now now chaps – no bickering please. We are not wendyball fans 🙂 I have been attempting to be mildly amusing

Predictions for the next round of games? Can England / Ireland / Wales do it?

Ireland
    My suspicion is Ireland shot their bolt last week – that was their chance to win and they will find it hard to hit the heights again.

Wales
    – might just do it – they know what they have to do and they have the players to do it – or is Preistlands confidence shattered and will that cost them? The back row for Wales needs to really step up – they are the guys to do it – now its time to live up to the reputation

England
    – still lacking the firepower I think and the intensity. Has learning to behave cost Hartley his edge? They should be hurting from being blown away in the first 20 and should have some confidence from the comeback. Time to stand up and be counted. Can they find the creativity in the backs? Some good signs in the secondhalf last week with Foden an Ashton looking to show a bit more and I like the look of Joseph. They so need to get the ball to their best backs. Farell at 12 Joseph at 13?

Scotland –
    I suspect this is the banana skin. As a Scotland fan I veer between hopeless optimism and deepest pessimism as always. Never a comfortable ride. I think the physicality will be too much and that Samoa will force too many turnovers. There is this difficult question over style – Scotland have the players to play fast and loose and it suits them to do so – but that could play into the hands of Samoa – we saw this last week and Samoa could punish them in the was Fiji could not. Robinson I believe finds it hard to set the tactics to play like Edinburgh with pace, offloads, Blair and Laidlaw swapping positions and every ruck ball having 3 options of runners to pass to with a lot of off the cuff plays. Should Scotland play a structured set piece game?

Visser looked very muted that game – patrolling his wing mainly not appearing all over the place. Will he and Robinson have the courage to give him the free role he enjoys for Edinburgh? They guys around him know how he plays and are used to it

Will Weir get some significant game time?

anagallis_arvensis

Not sure I agree with your view that the welsh backrow need to step up Warburton has been quiet, I’d favour Tipuric, but but Ryan was awesome +1 last week and Lydiate was good too. Dealing with Pocock is everyones job especially the front five who need to blast him out of the tackle area, the first man must get him gone. What Wales need is a lineout, with Owens at Hooker and Ian Evans in the middle, all the other welsh locks are front jumpers so only one of Girafferis, Davis and AW Jones can play or the balance goes to cock. Jones and Evans for me. Gethin, AW Jones and Evans need to clatter Pocock out of the way at every available opportunity.

Do we know what the Samoa team is likely to be and how long have they had to prepare? These factors will be key. Scotland will need to keep it tight and play for territory and posession and only open up at the right times. Could be a good test to see how Wee Jock McVisser steps up.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

AA fairy snuff

Samoa have been playing together in the pacific nations cup and won it but are in a bit of disarray with senior players including their captain falling out with the board

It really should be a cracker of a game

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-news/samoa-axe-outspoken-skipper-4892131

duckman

Remind me A-A how Samoa first made their name on the world stage… 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLYBIkwJfjU[/video]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You cruel man duckman 🙂 Its a good job that wasn’t the whole of Samoa

BruceWee

Any word on whether the Samoa game will be on TV?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don’t know. Maybe ESPN?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Its a good job that wasn’t the whole of Samoa

😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Samoa are still above Scotland in the IRB rankings it would appear

1(1) LNEW ZEALAND 91.43
    2(2) AUSTRALIA 86.77
    3(3) SOUTH AFRICA 85.47
    4(5) WALES 82.54
    5(4) ENGLAND 82.49
    6(7) ARGENTINA 81.22
    7(6) FRANCE 81.06
    8(8) IRELAND 79.85
    9(9) SAMOA 77.64
    10(11) SCOTLAND 76.56
    11(10) TONGA 76.19
    12(12) ITALY 75.26

BruceWee

ESPN are showing UFC when the Scotland game is supposed to be on. 🙁

Even wiziwig doesn’t have it listed. Still, I could always watch USA vs Chile instead 😕

loum
    Free Member

Samoa would be even higher if they hadn’t been cheated by the ref in that WC game against SA.
    Same ref that cheated Saturday morning with the scrum penalty.
    He does like his favourites.

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone watching England v Sa Barbars?
    Apparently a blatant elbow in the neck isn’t a yellow card offence! That was the most dangerous bit of play I’ve seen in a long time and it went completely unpunished!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not watching, Dez. Who on who?

toys19
    Free Member

Yep v naughty and deliberate.

toys19
    Free Member

Worried about Monye though. I hate out cold moments, and it looked ‘necky’..

DezB
    Free Member

Who on who

SA no.11 on Christian Wade. Amazed how Wade just walked off just flexing his neck a bit!

Yeah, Monye one looked nasty – I thought he didn’t look out cold (breathing too heavily), so it could be a bad neck injury.

toys19
    Free Member

England making it look good, in attack at least. Are these barbarians crap then?

toys19
    Free Member

Oh look crap defence from England. Expecting a Barbarian try any min.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Watching now.

What’s up with that pitch? Looks v odd!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nicknames for the players – I find the rugby fans often come up with good one.

Of the scots

Big Al Kelloch is know as “the ruck inspector” for not working as hard as he might at them – really amuses me that

Sean Lamont is known as Shlong

Hugo Southwell was of course Shug

Surely the welsh guys have some? The hair bear bunch were great

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Surely the wWelsh guys have some?

FTFY……

Well, apart from Cap’n Hovis, there’s obviously Girafferis.

toys19
    Free Member

Flashy, hard grow grass in dust.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Girafferis.

🙂 – I had forgotton

Who is cap’n hovis? pardon me for being a bit slow

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This is like watching a schoolboy team.

DezB
    Free Member

Have been forced to turn over to the football now. Will watch the 2nd half later

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Glitcheroo!

toys19
    Free Member

Glitchbump

toys19
    Free Member

Dezb eng gone crap now. Well crapper than they were.

toys19
    Free Member

Dezb eng gone crap now. Well crapper than they were.

toys19
    Free Member

Tryola! Long arms are a useful trait in Mr May.

Edit: and long legs, what a run. Jeepers.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Jonny May;

Nicely done!

Scamper
    Free Member

Two tries by gloucester’s finest?

toys19
    Free Member

Mr Tickle for sure, that 2nd try he could have reached over about 10 men. Go go gadget arms?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Reacharound? What are you suggesting?

😉

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 484 total)

The topic ‘Summer rugby thread’ is closed to new replies.