Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)
  • Summer Chub Club
  • twonks

I’ll try again.

chomp
    Free Member

late to the sign in/up – thankfully scales sync with phone, and I step on them often enough (usually without my specs on so I can’t see what the numbers say !)

have just (tried to) started running a bit more regularly so hopefully that combined with a bit of common sense will pay off . . .

fadda

OK if I join in (I’ll weigh later)?

Also, is there a website where I can buy the required willpower to not smuggle biscuits past the soon-to-be Mrs fadda into the home office…?

fadda

Cancel that, sorted it.

Good luck, everyone!

bonni

Weighed-in and kissed goodbye to the choccies for 10 weeks!

retrorick

Had to weigh in early. Had a shave and cut my hair and have ended up heavier than last week 😭. I think I have done ok though cutting out most of the chocolate.

reeksy

Made it 1kg/week for two weeks. Got a bit more exercise in this week, avoiding too much after dinner snacking… my massive monthly beer tasting has been cancelled tomorrow so that will help, but really I think it’s going to get a lot harder from here on.

reluctantjumper

Despite cutting out snacks and fizzy drinks I’m still stuck at my starting weight! Hopefully it’s just a delay in my body so the weight will fall off quickly from now on. Gas done that before so not overly worried yet.

Wally

Slight loss for two weeks, cheers Coconut – great motivation.

oldnick

I seem to have started at a gallop, and I can do up the button on my work shorts without lying on the bed!

But bloody hell I miss having breakfast!

Cheers coconut

sundaywobbler

A better week for me, Myfitnesspal helps me massively with calorie intake moderation, even though I still have to fight the urge to snack! Two weeks sat on my backside doing NEBOSH training isn’t helping either! Down to 78kg so 1.5kg lost this week 🙂

whatgoesup

Going again after some good success last year where I manages 16KG over 4 months ending at 88KG – stabilised there for a while but it’s started creeping back up again (91/92KG). The goal is to get 85KG this round – with a longer term goal of 80 (I’m 6’1″).

Going OK so far – a decent drop over the first 2 weeks but there’s enough day-to-day variation that it’s hard to say for sure.

bigdean

Stayed the same for me, which after the big drop last week is as good as could hope for.
    Been a tough week and not managed much exercise.
    Keep going everyone!

fadda

First weigh-in for me was last Friday, so I’m just 1 week in, but heading in the right direction (by 0.8kg).
    This thread may be the motivation I needed and the timing is perfect, since I get married at the end of July – thanks, coconut!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Forgot to weigh in on Friday so you have my Monday morning weight*.

*early excuse for poor performance this week

gs_triumph

Just stumbled upon this. Could you add me please?
    Starting weight today 95kg, target 90kg.

muggomagic

Good luck all.

I lost over 14kgs on the pre Christmas chub club and sad to say since then it’s gone back on. Mainly due to drinking beer again.
    I really should join up but pretty disappointed with myself to be right back where I started after all that effort and I’m just not sure if have the motivation.
    I will keep checking in though and hopefully your efforts can inspire me to get into that mindset again.

retrorick

Weighed in early after a bike ride and 4 pints. Down in the last reading so I’m happy. Last of the chocolate biscuits have gone and I’ve only slipped up once with a packet of cookies and a few too many croissants today.
    The 5kg might be hard for me to lose but I’ll try my best.

reluctantjumper

Still at my starting weight. For some reason it just won’t shift, despite cutting out loads of crap and getting on Zwift 2-3 times a week. Getting a little bit worried about it to be honest.

sundaywobbler

Another good week for me, a further 1.5kg down 🙂

oldnick

Not been a good week, still lost a bit but my lack of energy and insomnia has meant too much sitting around and not enough physical activity. Off to shovel some more roadstone – yay?

reeksy

Meh. Upped my exercise but still put a kg back on.

Still at my starting weight. For some reason it just won’t shift, despite cutting out loads of crap and getting on Zwift 2-3 times a week. Getting a little bit worried about it to be honest.

What’s a typical days eating habits – type/amount of food and times?

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Just seen this, will get on the spreadsheet.
    Started in Easter with this intermittent fasting thing.
    Eat evening meal (not too late) then don’t eat again for 16hrs, so usually 10/11 am, then it’s been knocking off the snacking and healthy lunch (rice, fish).
    So far, so good… averaging about 0.7kg off a week at the moment.
    Time to buy those Speedos…

retrorick

I’m expecting any weight loss to occur after a few weeks of avoiding the biscuit’s, bread and cereal.
    I watched a video on fasting and I’m considering giving it ago at some point but it might be towards the end of the 10 weeks after more research and planning.

This was my main meal today – totally filling and the Tesco Finest Ranch Steak is only 199kcal and 6.9g fat  – whacked it on a disposable bbq at the caravan and shared it’s garlic butter onto the Shiitake mushrooms. No idea of the calorific value of the shrooms or salad box. Bit of low fat salad dressing and job’s a good un. This is probably the biggest meal I’ve had this week, but it saw me through a night shift, with a handful of pistachios scoffed half way through

[url=https://www.flickr.com/gp/85252658@N05/s0V456]2022-05-29_05-00-13[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

retrorick

Looks like nice food. I’m not calorie counting but trying to reduce portion size.

I found it slightly easier to button up my work trousers this morning so I was happy with that.

fadda

Gone the wrong direction this week, and next weekend we’re away escaping the festivities in rural West Wales which will definitely result in more eating.
    Aiming to be good this week, so here goes…

reluctantjumper

Up at 4am, breakfast of 3 Weetabix with a mug of tea. Nothing then until 11-12 which will be a bowl (well, tupperware tub) of Cornflakes. Have a bottle of squash I drink throughout the day. Nothing then until 5-6pm when I’ll have a cooked meal of fish or chicken depending upon my mood. I’ve cut out the snacks since the start (easy to pick up a choccy bar at the petrol station when filling the work truck for example) and I had got into the habit of grabbing something on-the-go in the evenings if I finish work late but that’s stopped too. Calorie counting says I should be into 2-300 a day deficit at minimum but nothing is shifting.

Cornflakes are 84% carbs. Weetabix not so bad at 42%. Bit of sugar in the carb makeup too. Also, what squash are you drinking?

Try swapping the cornflakes for a salad box, or legumes/bean salad – light dressing.

Swap the squash for water. Small handful of nuts or some fruit if you get peckish. Dried mango is one of my favourite snacks

How are you cooking/serving your evening chicken and fish?

chrispoffer

reluctantjumper

Up at 4am, breakfast of 3 Weetabix with a mug of tea. Nothing then until 11-12 which will be a bowl (well, tupperware tub) of Cornflakes. Have a bottle of squash I drink throughout the day. Nothing then until 5-6pm when I’ll have a cooked meal of fish or chicken depending upon my mood. I’ve cut out the snacks since the start (easy to pick up a choccy bar at the petrol station when filling the work truck for example) and I had got into the habit of grabbing something on-the-go in the evenings if I finish work late but that’s stopped too. Calorie counting says I should be into 2-300 a day deficit at minimum but nothing is shifting.

Are you weighing your cereal? The recommended amount (for calorie counting) usually looks pitiful in a bowl, a freestyle serving for me is usually about 4 times what it should be…

gs_triumph

How does this work? Am I meant to message someone or do update the sheet myself?

sundaywobbler

@reluctantjumper Whoa! That’s a lot of carbs over the morning, as @chrispoffer says, you could do with weighing your portion sizes, the serving suggestions on the box that they measure calories on are tiny! What milk and how much milk are you having on the cereal? There’s some more calories. What are you having with the fish/chicken in the evening?

I would suggest that you need to increase your protein intake and reduce your carbohydrates as an initial step towards weight control.

And water, lots of it. I’m taking on at least 4 litres a day.

Myfitnesspal measure and record everything, if you were anything like me I was quite shocked with my intakes

keithb

Balls.. Missed teh first two weeks, and have gone a kilo in the wrong direction! Time to refocus.. again…

mark88

Late entrant – apologies. Fortunately i had my weight from pretty close to the start date.

Winter slump let to weight getting a bit out of hand. Started making good progress dropping it but illness and work travel dented that and I’ve lost all discipline and motivation recently. Hopefully a bit of public accountability will get me back on track.

Just dropped under 12.5st today. Not doing the chub club, but that was my target weight from 15st, 18 months or so ago 😊

reluctantjumper

I’m fully aware of the portion size/reality issue and have taken that into account. My major issue is that I’m not doing anywhere near enough exercise as I’m currently not cycling to work (85 mile round commute) and have less free time so don’t get out in the hills anywhere near regularly enough hence the Zwift sessions even at this time of year. I tried cutting down portion sizes more last chub club and I was just plain hungry and lethargic after a few days so can’t really cut that back any more really.

Try swapping the cornflakes for a salad box, or legumes/bean salad – light dressing.

Swap the squash for water. Small handful of nuts or some fruit if you get peckish. Dried mango is one of my favourite snacks

How are you cooking/serving your evening chicken and fish?

The squash is just Robinsons Orange, 1.25 litres a day. Any more and I need to pee too much, any less and I can get dehydrated. Water makes me pee more, fine when out on the bike but when you don’t know where the next toilet is it becomes an issue. I have issues with nuts and fresh fruit (more specifically the chemicals they spray on them ) that sets my IBS off so have to be careful there! Apples are fine if I only have one or two a week but any more than that and it causes messy problems. Evening food is usually done in the oven or on a hotplate if I have time.

It’s mainly down to not burning enough calories during the day, the new job uses a lot less energy than the old one did and the lack of cycle commute is a problem. The good news is that midweek weighing shows it’s starting to move hopefully!

It’s mainly down to not burning enough calories during the day, the new job uses a lot less energy than the old one did

That’s going to be a big factor, but it seems like a whole lifestyle thing with you – you’re not having a nutritionally balanced diet amongst other things.

You can train your body to reduce portion sizes – I’ve literally not eaten a thing today – more through circumstance than any fasting. I’m mildly hungry, but it’s not bothering me.

I’m not sure how water makes you pee more than water with added sugar tbh – sugar is a diuretic

reluctantjumper

My diet is not the greatest, never has been. All stems form being sickly as a baby, I spent the vast majority of my first 3 years in and out of hospital for complications with my digestive system and asthma which has left some issues. Without going into details there are certain foods, tastes and eating sensations that trigger automatic responses my brain learned back then that I can’t seem to shift. Anything from sudden vomiting to gagging and triggering my IBS (which isn’t IBS, it’s a mental effect but the doctors class it as that). As for the portion size, that’s hard to do as it triggers an after-effect from my bullying throughout my formative years where I just don’t eat for days on the trot as my brain just refuses to register that I’m hungry. It sounds like I’m finding excuses but I genuinely want to shift the weight I’ve gained since the first lockdown, I just have extra baggage on top of the fat to work around too. I need to get a routine back into my daily life really, then I’ll start to make progress.

retrorick

I’ve finished all the chocolate biscuit’s that were in the house and eaten the last of the cereal, only porridge from now on.
    Just had a rare trip to the cinema so ate some snack food and then used up some Tesco vouchers on a pizza and dessert. Walked to and from the cinema so that should of helped.
    Going for a few bank holiday beers later tho!
    I think a light day on the food tomorrow and Friday with a late Friday weigh in might give me a good chance of remaining the same weight after an enjoyable week without feeling like I’m missing out on the daily snacks and cereals. 🤔

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.