Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Suggestions for European bike destination this year.
  • lowey

So, I have 9 days, a Motorhome and a Bike.

Will obviously be driving so can you guys recommend me a good location. Done Morzine and the PDS to death so not there.

Would like lift assist but not essential, more natural trails than bike parks as dont like berms and jumps. Trails easy to follow with GPX / trailforks etc.

Was thinking of La Thuile and surrounding area ? All suggestions considered.

Thanks all.

vmgscot

You already mentioned La Thuile so that and then on down to Aosta/Pila?

Grump
    Free Member

Nice big loop of Verbier, Pila, Aosta, La Thuile, Les Arcs, La Plagne, Beaufortain, La Clusaz, Portes du Mont Blanc, Chamonix. Assuming “summer” is between July and August when all of the above are open.
    Or further south through Alp d’Huez, Les 2Alps, La Grave, Serre Chevalier/Briancon, Montgenevre/Sestriere.
    Or stay as flexible as you can and chase the weather through Pyrennes/Med basin/Alps..
    Or not france, but I canny help much with that! Have fun wherever the van takes you

Sanny
    Free Member

Grum p speaks the truth (as usual!) <waves!>

We did the Tour De Combins together last September which will feature in issue 130 of the mag. We only scratched the surface………

Check out

http://www.chamonixbikeblog.com/2019/tour-des-combins/

Actually just read his whole blog and get a feel for the places he is writing about……..

Grump
    Free Member

Hello Sanny (waves back)

I think that scratching was the blankets in the refuge though….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for European bike destination this year.’ is closed to new replies.