Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Suggestions for a chilled loop near Monyash?
  • chevychase

…that isn’t just the high peak and tissington circular?

Looking for a circular 4-5 hour thang that will ease me back to fitness, not just kill me 🙂

Esme
    Free Member

Monyash is in the middle of the 70 mile South Peak Loop, although I’m not sure how rideable it will be at the moment. It was designed by horse riders, but there’s an MTB review here.

chevychase

Interesting. But 70 miles in the peaks is a bit more than 4-5 hours chilled. One for the summer maybe 🙂

jekkyl

Offroad, gravel, road?
    4-5hrs 🤔 like about 25-30 miles?

MoreCashThanDash

Needs to involve the Royal Oak at Hurdlow, obviously.

The rest is mere detail.

chevychase

Yep @MoreCashThanDash – I’ll be camping nearby. 🙂

Not road @jekkyl. Offroad and small country roads. I’m tooling down the beast and around ladybower the weekend after with mates but I’ve not been on the bike for a long easy drag for a while.

We’ll prolly end up pub > high peak > carsington > tissington > pub ’cause the missus likes it but I’d prefer something with a *little* more interest.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

If you’re after decent pubs it would be good to wend your way over towards Makeney, near Belbper, and hit the Hollybush. That area is my road riding area and I ride the trails in the woods in and around there so not aware of many circular XC MTB routes, but there are usually a lot of MTB’ers sauntering around whenever I pop into the Hollybush, so must be some trails around there.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Your need a map use all the white roads out there Buxton/Monsal head/Baslow/Eyam etc that’s what I do on the motorbike Great Hucklow/Longstone etc nice easy trails great views.

chevychase

@wobbliscott – like the holly bush inn. Drop in there asa preference post an Ambergate pootle. Need to understand where the trails are – maybe for the summer though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for a chilled loop near Monyash?’ is closed to new replies.