Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 436 total)
  • STW Zwift Racing League – Xmas 2021
  • drew

I missed the last series because of back issues but that seems to have settled now so could you include me too please. I’ll go with the same FTP and weight unless I manage a ramp test in the meantime. 245 and 73kg. Cheers.

phil56

I’m in as well please Robbo – won’t make them all but looking forward to it.

benman
    Free Member

I’m up for this please, was planning to start structured training again in November, so this will be a good kickstarter… Need to check my FTP and weight though, not ridden indoors for at least 6 months.

Nick

Been awhile but I’d like to participate in this please Robbo. Think my FTP will be around 240 (guess I should check) and I’m 81kg Nick (STW) on Zwift.

DrP

Pop my name down… I’ll aim to partake this time!!
    New (lower) FTP of 277
    Weight 71kg

Cheers!

DrP

karnali
    Free Member

Yes please robbo everything the same as last time

yanboss

Yes please, nothing else makes me suffer quite like these races.

bobee74
    Free Member

I’ll give it a go please, pretty new to zwift. Ftp 213w 83kg
    Paul Thomas on zwift

retrorick

Looks like I’ll miss the first race 😭. Hopefully I’ll win a few of the races later in the series 😜

stumpy01

@retrorick – that’s the spirit 👍

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Can you put my name down please @robbo1234biking

reluctantjumper

I’m in. New figures too, weight is now 83kg and FTP has jumped a whole 4w to 201! Still be at the back but it’s progress.

robbo1234biking

Right everyone should have the event links now. If I have missed you let me know.

Not long until the first race on Tuesday!

Oblongbob

Me too please. Not sure how many I’ll make with one thing and another, but should be able to make some. Cheers

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

If you don’t mind popping the invites over to me when they’re up Robbo would be good but don’t worry about any handicaps or the like.

I’d like to join in if I can but can’t see work easing off and my evenings being any freer this time round than last.

kirky72
    Free Member

Just started a keto diet on tuesday, currently struggling to hit 280 watts let alone maintain it for the length of a race. Knackered after 40mins of bimbling.

Hoping I break through the lethargic stage by Tuesday if not I might just but poodle along at the back.

On the plus side I’m hoping to be around 76kg by tuesday, would help but not if I can’t muster 60/70 of the usual effort.

jamesoz

Cheers for the links, tortured myself up the Alpe last Tuesday. I kept getting trainer drop outs and at one point it took minutes to reconnect. Any body else had this lately?
    I have before but it’s been fine for ages (Tacx Flow).

I’ll be dischuffed if it happens whilst racing again.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Brilliant, all signed up..

robbo1234biking

Handicaps are live for tomorrow night! They may change if we get any late entries (not relevant to other people you are racing with but possibly the overall time)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oxAKc92qCMD5s-Odc4kCjngmxE15jED9erVq0PKq5CY/edit#gid=1628366731

snotrag

Christ, have we had our time off already!

Edit – @Robbo1234biking access denied, think you’ve set the sheet to private…?

weeksy

Good luck all. Top job Robbo

stumpy01

Nice gentle one to ease us in then from the looks of it!

djflexure

Great job Robbo.

So I need to beat @slowpuncheur by a minute 🙁

On the plus side I get a minute 20 on @Phil56 so there is some encouragement 🙂

Lots of pushing and no excuses!

Paul-S
    Free Member

Cheers Roobo,
    I’m not sure whether to be pleased that I have a low handicap as it will mean I can do well, or upset as its a sign of my comparative fitness 🙁

P.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Join the club Paul S!

I may reset my FTP before the race and see what it brings up after we are done.

I don’t think I raced on Zwift since April-May time!

jimdubleyou

So I need to beat @slowpuncheur by a minute

Watch out for that @Stumpy01 fella now he’s in Cat B 😛

In theory, tonights course suits me, but not been on Zwift since the last race so could be… interesting*.

*painful.

jamesoz

Damnit, just had a call out to Stonehouse, wouldn’t be too bad if my first job wasn’t in Brighton. I’ve then got to get back to Reading. Fingers crossed I make the start.

Straightliner

Recovering from a stinking cold, but far from over it. Will see how it goes this evening but I’m not going to go bonkers if it means slipping back into feeling rough again.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’ll take it as a complement I’m a marked man these days @djflexure 😉 Although I think I’d rather be nursing une petite bière in one of those nearby pavement cafes.

stumpy01

jimdubleyou

Watch out for that @Stumpy01 fella now he’s in Cat B

I don’t really understand how that has happened! Zwiftpower still has me as a C.
    I must have just scraped my way into Cat B!!

I think this course will be a struggle for me. Not enough lumpy bits to make up for my lack of power!
    Music choice will be key for me tonight! Perhaps a Jean Michel Jarre/Edith Piaf/Daft Punk mash-up!?
    Or perhaps not…..

freeridenick
    Free Member

a week drinking and eating in the Portugal last week – this is going to hurt!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Also Robbo, I have changed my zwift name to .FREERIDENICK

nixie

Good luck tonight people. Have fun. Hopefully see you in a couple of weeks when ZRL is done.

andeh

@jamesoz

My Flow used to overheat when doing more than about 250w for any decent time, particularly at low gear (low cooling fan speed). Pointing a fan at it helps. I bodged an old PC cooling fan onto the outside but it seemed to massively ober-inflate my power output. I never really found a suitable solution tbh, ended up buying a direct mount trainer.

Nick

bollards, selling a bed on Facebook market place, buyer was expected at 18:30, has just messaged to apologise and ask to come at 19:30…

kirky72
    Free Member

robbo a bit last minute and probably of no importance anyway as i will miss the double header next week so two races down and also will miss week 5.

however can i update my stats to a current weight of 76kg. im sure i wont be able to perform at any kind of aneoribic level at the moment so again and have no chance of acheiving it during keto but can you change my FTP to 294. i havent acheive better than 280 for any race even a crit in the last few months.

stumpy01

Going well so far! Wife gone to A&E as the doctors reckon she’s broken a bone in her hand from a netball match a few weeks ago…..turbo dragged in from the garage so I can “babysit” while doing the race. Boiling just doing the warm up! 😂😂😂

snotrag

Good to see the nerves/excuses coming in thick and fast 🙂

Mine is a flat ipad battery, got it plugged in but hoping to juice it enough before the start as zwift flattens it faster than it charges!

jamesoz

Well, I didn’t make it. Traffic on the 417 killed my time .
    Have ‘Fun’ all.

My Flow used to overheat when doing more than about 250w for any decent time, particularly at low gear (low cooling fan speed). Pointing a fan at it helps. I bodged an old PC cooling fan onto the outside but it seemed to massively ober-inflate my power output. I never really found a suitable solution tbh, ended up buying a direct mount trainer.

Cheers maybe some of this overtime can go towards a new one.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 436 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Racing League – Xmas 2021’ is closed to new replies.