Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 436 total)
  • STW Zwift Racing League – Xmas 2021
  • robbo1234biking

This may be too soon for some of you to forget the pain from last night but I am busy over the next few days and want to get the thread active!

If you want to take part then post up on this thread or message me. I will take the FTP and weight from the recent race series if you are entering again but if you havent raced before I will need your FTP and weight for the handicap race.

Each Race series is made up of the 4 traditional categories but with a bit of a twist to give everyone a chance to compete.

1. The main handicap race – as per previous events a handicap will be applied to your finish time based on your weight and FTP and the entire group is sorted by race time plus handicap and points distributed accordingly. This is based on the best of 5 races points from the 6 races (all sprint points count towards this total).

2. The sprint jersey – Sprint points are awarded for the Top 5 finishers on a sprint section (10,6,4,2,1 points) or the fastest lap time on circuit race. The points are awarded on each sprint section on a race but only for the fastest time across that section during the whole race (i.e you may get a couple of chances to get a good time).

3. The KOM jersey – Points are awarded for the Top 5 finishers on a KOM section (10,6,4,2,1 points).

3. The GC race – This is based on the shortest time to complete all 6 stages and is sorted by traditional Zwift cat. The zwift cat is determined on the weight and FTP that you supply me so may not match your ZP cat as that takes historical data into account.

OK so here are the courses for the Xmas Series of the STW Racing League. This should be the hardest set of courses for a race series so far!

No restrictions on bikes on this series so choose what suits you or the course.

There will be a Green points Jersey and a KOM points Jersey in addition to the handicap and GC races;

Note: If you want to be included in the Green Jersey or KOM points race scoring you need to be registered on Zwift Power as this is where I will pull the data from. You are still welcome to take part on the rest of the series if you dont register on Zwift Power.

Total distance: 166.2km
    Total Elevation: 1832m

Race 1 – 2nd November 19:30
    paris Lutece Express – 4 laps (29.9km, approx 152m of elevation)
    1 set of sprint points awarded for the Sprint section and 1 set awarded for the fastest lap

Race 2a – 9th November 19:30 – Part 1 of the double header
    Yorkshire Duchy Estate 3 laps (10.7km, approx 140m of elevation)
    1 set of sprint points awarded for sprint section and 1 set awarded for the fastest lap

Race 2b – 9th November 20:00 Part 2 of the double header event
    Watopia Flat Route – 1 Lap (10.8km, approx 54m of elevation)
    1 set of sprint points awarded for the sprint section

Race 3 – 16th November 19:30
    Yumezi – Two Village Loop (25.6km, approx 176m of elevation)
    2 sets of sprint points awarded for each sprint segment

Race 4 – 23rd November 19:30
    Watopia Magnificent 8 Custom Distance (35km, approx 150m elevation)
    A fairly flat course that is pretty fast. KOM and Green jersey points available.
    1 set of KOM points
    1 set of sprint points

Race 5 – 30th November 19:30
    (Nearly) Everything Bagel Custom Distance (26.3km, approx 490m of elevation)
    This ends just after the second time up the KOM
    2 sets of KOM points
    2 set of sprint points

Race 6 – 7th December
    Watopia – Climbers Gambit (27.9km, approx 670m of elevation)
    The queen stage with the longest climb in this series. 2 KOM sections and a sprint section
    2 sets of KOM points
    1 set of sprint points

snotrag

I’m in, Robbo, of course!

vanilla83
    Free Member

I’m in!

djflexure

Hi Robbo

Weight 85kg
    FTP last ramp test was 285, XERT says 299 today (I dont mind using the higher one)
    I’m on Zwift power but you’ll know that from TTT

Cheers

S

neilarn2

I’m in Robbo

richardkennerley

I’m in please 👍

nixie

Yes please. Should make more of the later races than the early ones.

retrorick

I’ll join in when I can 😃.

paino

Oh yes.

mahowlett
    Free Member

Me too please.

J-R

Me too please Robbo

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yes please – hopefully make the whole series this time!

joedilla

Back in for this series Rob. Do you need my FTP etc again?

funkybaj
    Free Member

I’m in, hoping to make most/all of the races this series.

stumpy01

I’m in Rob.

FTP 234w
    Weight 73kg

Was determined I’d be 70kg by now, but cannot shift any weight (although to be fair I haven’t really tried 🤣 )

robbo1234biking

No need for ftp and weight if you entered the last series and the values haven’t changed. 😀

andeh

I’m in with bells on.

This’ll be my last full series in the UK! I’ll be on Pacific time for the winter series…so, lunch break?

Straightliner

Yep, I’m in.

tomnavman
    Free Member

Yes please, thanks Robbo!

jimdubleyou

That looks decidedly lumpy…

I’m in.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Oh yeah. And don’t forget folks….vote Robbo!

Paul-S
    Free Member

In

Hopefully make the full series this time

Paul

jamesoz

Count me in, cheers!

bails

I’m in too thanks Robbo.  FTP has crept up from 218 to 225.

kirky72
    Free Member

Please count me in again Robbo, I know again that I will miss two or three races but I’ll enjoy the ones I can make.

Over the 4 races in the last series I don’t think I’ve come close to the ftp stated and not troubled it since feb or March so may recheck it or leave it and let the first race around Paris decide. That looks like it could be a near optimal effort to try and break from the pack and then stay with the fast lads.

The last two races look viscous and I might volunteer to work in order to avoid everything Bagel.

Thanks again for organising.

Pa anybody at home next week for the half term holiday and fancy a crit or longer plod in a morning let me know it would be nice to have some company. Having done everything in Zwift I’m finding it hard to have the motivation to jump on there at the moment.

robbo1234biking

Kirky – I have set myself the goal of completing the Rebel Routes over the winter. YOu dont get an official route badge or anything (although they are on Strava).

https://zwiftinsider.com/rebel-routes/

mossimus
    Free Member

Sign me up please

v7fmp

count me in.

The races are certainly a change from the norm, i look forward to the challenge!

kirky72
    Free Member

@robbo if you decide to do any on a Saturday or Sunday morning please give us a shout, a tow around will make it more interesting and a touch easier for us. The perimeter loop looks like fun (sick sort).

It about time Zwift dropped something a bit meatier to keep the appeal. I was hoping for a Flanders set of maps based around the last worlds.

scaled
    Free Member

The pain i’m feeling is that of a broken turbo 🙁

I’ll be in once my new instrument of pain arrives. Somehow the wife and I have agreed on a neo bike 😀

msjhes2
    Free Member

I am in, the last two look great.

feed

Yes please, looking forward to race 6 the most (literally and metaphorically)

undarra
    Free Member

Count me in again please, Cheers.

savoyad

I’m in.

maycontainnuts

In please Robbo

snotrag

Can I also just say – if anyone reading this is ‘Zwift STW Racing Curious’ but not sure if they are up to it, please do sign up and give it a go. I was pretty apprehensive the first time round (Winter 2020 was it?) but I’ve really enjoyed it and become a regular, despite being clearly nowwhere near as fit as the fast boys up there.

The way Robbo does his magic maths to work out the handicaps really well and means that even I can have a good race every so often (even got a Podium in September!).

Its good fun, theres no pressure, and if your terminal procrastinator like me then making the commitment to others is the nudge you need to get some training and efforts through the darkest months.

Sometimes we’ve even had a simultaneous youtube live stream up of someone wearing only bib shorts and gurning in their kitchen, so whats not to like.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Well said @snotrag. No-one finishes a series less fit than when they started, that’s for sure. I’m going to have withdrawal symptoms this Tuesday:)

haloric
    Free Member

In please, as is Haloric Jnr.

movingslowly
    Free Member

Yes please, FTP is 260w, weight is the same as before. Thanks

robbo1234biking

Thanks all for signing up – Ill get the race links out over the weekend.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 436 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Racing League – Xmas 2021’ is closed to new replies.