Viewing 14 posts - 1,281 through 1,294 (of 1,294 total)
  • STW Zwift Race Series 3 – Winter
  • stumpy01

@DrP – I’d be up for an elastic band ride on Sun21st.

kirky72
    Free Member

Not the usual type of terrain for sprint laps when a nice flat bit to recover after the sprint is preferred, however if we take it nice and steady 2.5ish in between and regroup it might work.

For future reference the flatter or the French maps could be quite good as you have the promenade, first village, aquaduct and ballon field sprints all in one lap. Quite easy to regroup and stick together after each one.

welshfarmer

[strong]dangeourbrain[/strong] wrote:

If you’d like an invite and any of those three appears to hold true let me know (and make sure you’re following me as I can’t invite you if you’re not)

Could you add em too please. I Zwift as Mark Morgan STW (C)

about time I got into the more social side of this lark….

haloric
    Free Member

Posted in the TTT board, good read if you are bit nerdy..

https://zwiftinsider.com/nearby-zwifters-disappearing/

zilog6128

@haloric that was a very long article just to say “I hadn’t set up my WiFi or computer properly” 🤣 Might be useful to someone else in the same situation though!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

@v7fmp I suck at race tactics, I’m usually much happier at getting decent results from draftless TTing. The first 20mins (~300W) was my second best this year, which explains why I struggled to hold ~250W and keep with you for the next ~30mins, it was a bit of a shock to me when that group caught us just before Keith Hill… I had visions of being dropped by the lot of you up the hill. Considering how rough I felt from ~40mins, I was pleasantly surprised to see that was my best 60mins (only 264W) since before Covid on Jan 10th 2020.

I’ve been so dead today at work after last night’s race, sod’s law it was a busy day in the freezing weather, struggled up the hills home. Won’t be turboing tonight and I’ll be amazed if I do much tomorrow! 😆

1timmy1
    Free Member

Thanks @robbo1234biking again for organising the series. I tried to stay with the fast B’s at the start but got dropped pretty quick and ended up riding with P.aul. Got a stich (another!) so just had to chill out for a while and we were caught by a big group. From then on, just tried to cruise round, covering attacks and then make a move on the hill. The hill was hard work, especially as I have never done it before so I didn’t know when it would end! So wasn’t sure how much I could push; but I was glad to see the finishing banner. 2nd in the Cat C GC was good for me and I am starting to feel more confident on my turbo.

I can definitely feel the fitness gains when riding in RL when I can get out; it’s been too icy or flooded recently to get out much.

Will be signing up for the next series!

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Well, that’s a weird one. Just looked at my ZwiftPower profile and I’ve been dropped from Cat B to Cat C! 🤷🏽‍♂️

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@welshfarmer I can’t spot you in my list – you’ll need to search for and follow me if you’re not already (same user name as here)

Edit ignore that. I’m blind.

@kirky72
    true but it is very short so lots of opportunities to have a bash and sit in as you see fit. Also it’s home turf for me so I’m bias.

danielcbaron

Cheers for the invite Brian 👍 looking forward to it. Really enjoyed this race series, literally stumbled upon it, joined the forum and signed up but found great banter and great racing. Cheers again Robbo!

Jonno

@dangeourbrain have just followed you on zwift, an invite for next Tuesday would be good please? Ta

welshfarmer

Yep, thanks or the invite. Hope to do the Tuesday ride. I cannot see me making the Sunday am one, though stranger things have happened. I may need some pointers as to what to expect and any etiquette involved. No doubt it is all somewhere in the previous 33 pages! Do you use Discord for example?

DrP

Pop across to the “zwift social ride” thread……

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Looking increasingly unlikely I’m going to make my own ride this evening folks as I’m still working with a chunk on my desk to go.

Hopefully see you all at the line but it’s more hope than chance do you may be deprived of the golden beacon tonight. Still it wouldn’t be the same if that beacon wasn’t robbo would it?

Viewing 14 posts - 1,281 through 1,294 (of 1,294 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Race Series 3 – Winter’ is closed to new replies.